Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Well, I have to say, there's NO WAY I would accept the Celestial would have judged Peter "unworthy". Especially when Peter has another one who judge him with much more toughness everyday: himself.

I have to say, however, Norman's reaction is not really a sign he's going to be evil again... yet. It was more like just a panic attack. Besides, as long as Norman's sins are still inside the clone of Dr Kafka, I don't see how Norman will be back to his old self.

As for the short moment of Gwen and Peter meeting again, can we guess the Gwen from the Clone Conspiracy" was definitely not her? I mean, she shouldn't be surprised of Peter looking older if she remembered the events of "Clone Conspiracy", right? Anyway, the way she said Peter looked "older" proves my point: Marvel can't keep Peter Parker in the same status quo forever, so they have to leave him to develop; and the best way to do it is restoring the Spider-Marriage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, I have to say, there's NO WAY I would accept the Celestial would have judged Peter "unworthy". Especially when Peter has another one who judge him with much more toughness everyday: himself.

I have to say, however, Norman's reaction is not really a sign he's going to be evil again... yet. It was more like just a panic attack. Besides, as long as Norman's sins are still inside the clone of Dr Kafka, I don't see how Norman will be back to his old self.

As for the short moment of Gwen and Peter meeting again, can we guess the Gwen from the Clone Conspiracy" was definitely not her? I mean, she shouldn't be surprised of Peter looking older if she remembered the events of "Clone Conspiracy", right? Anyway, the way she said Peter looked "older" proves my point: Marvel can't keep Peter Parker in the same status quo forever, so they have to leave him to develop; and the best way to do it is restoring the Spider-Marriage.
    I certainly agree that the marriage needs to be restored. As for Peter being “Worthy or unworthy” Dan Slott answered that best in “Ends Of The Earth.” How? He saved billions of people, from Otto’s insane plan. That certainly qualifies him as worthy ( even despite the Mephisto deal).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-30-2022 at 11:15 AM.

It depends if Gwen was even meant to remember whatever random resurrections she had, or was just having her most recent memory from when she died.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I certainly agree that the marriage needs to be restored. As for Peter being “Worthy or unworthy” Dan Slott answered that best in “Ends Of The Earth.” How? He saved billions of people, from Otto’s insane plan. That certainly qualifies him as worthy ( even despite the Mephisto deal).
    It's not just about being a good person who saved lives, that's something every hero has casually made, to the point a few have even saved the universe, maybe even the multiverse, yet even someone like Cap hasn't passed, and on the other hand Doom has passed.

The Celestial also judges people based on what they do with their lives and whether or not they're hypocrites, you could make a case Spidey shouldn't pass the Celestial's judgement, specially Wells' Spidey.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It depends if Gwen was even meant to remember whatever random resurrections she had, or was just having her most recent memory from when she died.

It's not just about being a good person who saved lives, that's something every hero has casually made, to the point a few have even saved the universe, maybe even the multiverse, yet even someone like Cap hasn't passed, and on the other hand Doom has passed.

The Celestial also judges people based on what they do with their lives and whether or not they're hypocrites, you could make a case Spidey shouldn't pass the Celestial's judgement, specially Wells' Spidey.
    As long as we don't know what happened here and what exactly Spidey did, we can't judge him if we lack info.

As long as we don't know what happened here and what exactly Spidey did, we can't judge him if we lack info.
    He's acting like a leeching, irresponsible fucker by the first issue, regardless of whatever he did, for someone who's supposed to be Mr. Responsibility, that's a potential thumbs down lol.

Astonishing Member

I’d love to interact with some of my departed loved ones as often as Spidey seems to do with “Gwen.” He seems to interact with some version of her (clone, spirit, hallucination, multiverse variant) more than he does with some of his LIVING cast members!

Astonishing Member

He's acting like a leeching, irresponsible fucker by the first issue, regardless of whatever he did, for someone who's supposed to be Mr. Responsibility, that's a potential thumbs down lol.
    Give him a rest, would ya? Peter's life literally stink because he can't find a single moment of peace between his regular life and his Spider-Man's life. The Clone Conspiracy, Beyond, The Sinister War.... If you count all the other tragedies over the years (Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy, Gwen Stacy....) and insane situations like the Clone Saga, I think Peter would be in his right to send Mr Responsability to Hell for a while and mind his own business. I mean, just how much garbage do you think Peter is going to handle until he finally break? If Spider-Man is the hero who "Could-be-us", I think it's obvious he must have a limit.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’d love to interact with some of my departed loved ones as often as Spidey seems to do with “Gwen.” He seems to interact with some version of her (clone, spirit, hallucination, multiverse variant) more than he does with some of his LIVING cast members!
    Can you blame him, if he blames their deaths on himself?
    Last edited by Ursalink; 09-30-2022 at 12:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Can you blame him, if he blames their deaths on himself?
    It’s not about that. It’s about the more she appears post-mortem, the more the impact of her death is diminished. I think references to her should be used sparingly, and interactions with some version of her (whether it’s clone, ghost or hallucination) even more so.

Astonishing Member

It’s not about that. It’s about the more she appears post-mortem, the more the impact of her death is diminished. I think references to her should be used sparingly, and interactions with some version of her (whether it’s clone, ghost or hallucination) even more so.
    Well, if that helps Peter finally get over her death....

Besides, currently, Spider-Gwen's popularity is surpassing original Gwen's. A clear example can be found on "Marvel's Spider-Man" animated series, where instead of following her classic story, Gwen Stacy's story was adapted from her Spider-Gwen's counterpart.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I think a takeaway from the issue besides the hint that Norman will be evil again is that Peter is older and you had him reset to a younger version of himself. But he's getting older and eventually Peter will get back together with MJ. They seem to be backtracking on the mystery to what it probably was and will go with a potential use a pull parachute method to sweep it all under the rug

Astonishing Member

Besides, currently, Spider-Gwen's popularity is surpassing original Gwen's. A clear example can be found on "Marvel's Spider-Man" animated series, where instead of following her classic story, Gwen Stacy's story was adapted from her Spider-Gwen's counterpart.
    That’s fine. I don’t care about Spider-Gwen as long as she stays out of the core Spidey books. I just don’t like her interacting with Peter too much… nothing against her specifically, but more what the character represents to him.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Just realized Randy's wedding must be coming up real fast now

He might've interacted with Gwen more since her death than he did with Randy, the guy who was his roommate a few times lol.

Give him a rest, would ya? Peter's life literally stink because he can't find a single moment of peace between his regular life and his Spider-Man's life. The Clone Conspiracy, Beyond, The Sinister War.... If you count all the other tragedies over the years (Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy, Gwen Stacy....) and insane situations like the Clone Saga, I think Peter would be in his right to send Mr Responsability to Hell for a while and mind his own business. I mean, just how much garbage do you think Peter is going to handle until he finally break? If Spider-Man is the hero who "Could-be-us", I think it's obvious he must have a limit.
    I don't think the Celestial cares about that kind of ****, specially considering someone like Cap failed just because US of A is a shithole lol.

And him sending "Mr. Responsibility" to hell would kinda betray his whole characters, but then again, wouldn't be surprising...

He kinda did, sometimes, but whenever Gwen shows up he's still a guilty lil' bitch about it, so ironically her presence makes him less likely to move on.

Well yeah, she uses a classic name and is a super-hero, not surprising she ended up being more popular, specially considering Gwen was more of a known name but not that many fans know what her character was actually like, specially if they believe the Saint Gwen™ nonsense.

Astonishing Member

I have seen films that dealt with this theme. One was called Outward Bound and it’s superior remake Between Two Worlds ( where people on a ship were judged by “The Examiner”), and one person was sent to Hell because they were a hypocrite, but he also allowed someone to go to Heaven because he humbled himself, and a couple who committed suicide were allowed to go back to Earth and get a second chance because they loved each other so much. As for Peter, he has never been a hypocrite. Has he made serious mistakes? Of course, the Mephisto deal especially. But like the young couple in the films he gets another chance because he did it for the love of Aunt May who was a mother to him.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-30-2022 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have seen films that dealt with this theme. One was called Outward Bound and it’s superior remake Between Two Worlds ( where people on a ship were judged by “The Examiner”), and one person was sent to Hell because they were a hypocrite, but he also allowed someone to go to Heaven because he humbled himself, and a couple who committed suicide were allowed to go back to Earth and get a second chance because they loved each other so much. As for Peter, he has never been a hypocrite. Has he made serious mistakes? Of course, the Mephisto deal especially. But like the young couple in the films he gets another chance because he did it for the love of Aunt May who was a mother to him.
    I mean, he is irresponsible and a colossal hypocrite for doing the deal with Mephisto to begin with, which looks even worse with the Sensational Spider-Man issues right before it, where aunt May specifically says she's okay with her own death, but then Spidey is like "Nah, bring her back" lol.

And yeah, he did it out of love, big whoop, there's a popular saying of how the road to hell is paved by good intentions, and it's very accurate here.

Stuff like that, and the way he's been acting recently, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a thumbs down.

Not that this is an absolute about how much of a bad person Spidey is, the Celestial has arbitrary standards (As it's usual with those guys), and when someone like Doom passes, but Cap doesn't, then yeah, not hard to tell it's weird stuff, but since hypocrisies, characters failing to fulfill whatever objectives they set out to do seem to be things the Celestial judges, again, I wouldn't really be surprised if Spidey failed the judgement.