Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Green Goblin's gotta kill somebody when he finally shows up.

I don't imagine they'd do a straightforward take on either version of Gwen anyways.
    There won't be a Gwen in the game unless it was foreshadowed in the last game. I could see it be Yuri that gets done in

I know it can be hard to wrap your head around, but the idea of Gwen as victim is over. She's successfully been reinvented as a superhero (or a superhero in waiting) now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I know it can be hard to wrap your head around, but the idea of Gwen as victim is over. She's successfully been reinvented as a superhero (or a superhero in waiting) now.
    I don't think that has anything to do with it. We're talking about an already dead girls' relevance to the main person her death is actually relevant too.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. We're talking about an already dead girls' relevance to the main person her death is actually relevant too.
    It has everything to do with it. As I said, Marvel wants to have it both ways with Gwen. They want to promote her as the tragic lost love of Peter's life AND they want to promote her as a superhero who stands side by side as an equal to Peter and Miles.

People talk about how these are different Gwens who represent different things, but that isn't what this is about. Nobody gets confused with Flashpoint Thomas Wayne being Batman when Bruce dies. The main Bruce is Batman. The two Bruces are not equal.

Gwen, the lost love of Peter's life, isn't the main Gwen Stacy anymore. And Marvel Editorial seems to have not gotten that message.

Edit: I honestly do not know why this is even a discussion at this point.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 09-23-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It has everything to do with it. As I said, Marvel wants to have it both ways with Gwen. They want to promote her as the tragic lost love of Peter's life AND they want to promote her as a superhero who stands side by side as an equal to Peter and Miles.

People talk about how these are different Gwens who represent different things, but that isn't what this is about. Nobody gets confused with Flashpoint Thomas Wayne being Batman when Bruce dies. The main Bruce is Batman. The two Bruces are not equal.

Gwen, the lost love of Peter's life, isn't the main Gwen Stacy anymore. And Marvel Editorial seems to have not gotten that message.
    There's some distinction and they even said that Ghost Spider is her own person and not a whatever that lady who died is.

Also issue hasn't come out yet and no leaks of what happens. So we really don't know what the issue will really be about

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    There's some distinction and they even said that Ghost Spider is her own person and not a whatever that lady who died is
    The distinction doesn't really matter at this point. Spider-Gwen has completely supplanted the dead civilian love interest Gwen Stacy.

I honestly do not know why this is even a discussion at this point but apparently this is a blazing hot take.

So do y'all think the Celestial will try to eat Spidey? .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Look, honestly, do I think they need to stop dragging out Gwen's death and Peter's guilt/grief over it? Yeah.

But her death is still a major part of his history and character and it's not something I expect them to ever completely forget about just because there's an AU version of her running around that's completely separate and has nothing to do with Peter Parker.

But we're talking about Amazing Spider-Man not Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider.

If anything it's probably more relevant now because he's palling around with and wearing the suit made by the guy who killed her.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

If anything it's probably more relevant now because he's palling around with and wearing the suit made by the guy who killed her.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    No, the Celestial will probably just let Spider-Man's own guilty conscience do the job.

Look, honestly, do I think they need to stop dragging out Gwen's death and Peter's guilt/grief over it? Yeah.

But her death is still a major part of his history and character and it's not something I expect them to ever completely forget about just because there's an AU version of her running around that's completely separate and has nothing to do with Peter Parker.

But we're talking about Amazing Spider-Man not Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Does it even count as redemption if he had to literally have all his evil shotgun-blasted out of him by a demonically resurrected Sin-Eater? Not to mention that, even then, if he was really so penitent about all he'd done, he'd publicly confess to being the Green Goblin, let alone his more recent string of murders or flat-out massacres with the Carnage symbiote when he was the Red Goblin, as opposed to pretending it was all the Carnage symbiote's fault he did those things.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    While Dragon Ball isn't as bad as this (Since no one liked having Vegeta around besides Goku and maybe Bulma), even in that it was jarring lol.

It's a constant problem with redeemed villains...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    No, the Celestial will probably just let Spider-Man's own guilty conscience do the job.
    Are you telling me his conscience will cannibalize him? Do you mean that literally? .

Does it even count as redemption if he had to literally have all his evil shotgun-blasted out of him by a demonically resurrected Sin-Eater? Not to mention that, even then, if he was really so penitent about all he'd done, he'd publicly confess to being the Green Goblin, let alone his more recent string of murders or flat-out massacres with the Carnage symbiote when he was the Red Goblin, as opposed to pretending it was all the Carnage symbiote's fault he did those things.
    If a redemption relies on someone else manipulating your emotions, then no lol.

Specially if you keep the actual context of Sins Rising, since the story makes it clear those are Sin Eater's regret being forced into other people, so it'd be iffy if it was some emotional aspects from Norman being amplified for him to feel guilty, but it's not even that... And for whatever reason, Spencer and Wells pretend it's Norman's own emotions.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-23-2022 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

While Dragon Ball isn't as bad as this (Since no one liked having Vegeta around besides Goku and maybe Bulma), even in that it was jarring lol.

It's a constant problem with redeemed villains...

Are you telling me his conscience will cannibalize him? Do you mean that literally? .

If a redemption relies on someone else manipulating your emotions, then no lol.

Specially if you keep the actual context of Sins Rising, since the story makes it clear those are Sin Eater's regret being forced into other people, so it'd be iffy if it was some emotional aspects from Norman being amplified for him to feel guilty, but it's not even that... And for whatever reason, Spencer and Wells pretend it's Norman's own emotions.
    A new meaning to auto-cannibalism.

he already kill him so i guess
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    he already kill him so i guess

This is happens by judgment issue 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    This is happens by judgment issue 4
    Five, I think.