Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Pleasantly surprised that adjectiveless looks good for a change.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    And that plot hasn't been totally ruled out. Recently in Legion of X we saw that Nimrod is trying to take control of the Technarchy
    There’s also the whole subplot of Cable’s techno-organic virus, which is derived from the transmode virus (but modified; “the Apocalypse strain” I believe it’s called) and why he wanted to be brought back with it so he could study it further… and then Brand staged an attack by the Progenitors just to obtain Cable’s viral load (yes, I know that sounds positively filthy). There’s something going on that’s Technarch/phalanx related here. I’m thinking we’ll see what it is in X-men Red #8 and perhaps it has to do with this “world farm.”
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Waitaminute... wasn't Scott at the freaking door of the Vault with Xavier in the previous volume when we saw what happened to Synch, Darwin and Laura and when he realized they had been there for hundreds of years after they were sent in there BY HIM. He said something like "Dear God what I done?" I could swear that happened so why is he shocked the vault is there? He would know the terrain.

I love the art. it gives me Quietly New X-Men vibes!

I hope Duggan goes a little bit from old-fashioned superhero heroics to Grant Morrison's weird edginess in season 2 of X-Men. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Waitaminute... wasn't Scott at the freaking door of the Vault with Xavier in the previous volume when we saw what happened to Synch, Darwin and Laura and when he realized they had been there for hundreds of years after they were sent in there BY HIM. He said something like "Dear God what I done?" I could swear that happened so why is he shocked the vault is there? He would know the terrain.
    Because there is a giant gun in the door

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramega1 View Post
    I hate the writer of this book and do not like that he is in charge of this story
    I kind of agree with you. In a perfect world, if Hickman couldn't come back to do this Ewing's next on deck. If only cause he will strike balance in plot narratives and characterization. Meaning we won't have to worry about just Jean and Scott getting all the development even though the recent plot line focused on Synch and Laura. However, maybe the stars will align and we get a great story here. Truly this should have been the next big event.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Because there is a giant gun in the door
    Yes. This.
    Its not the Vault that his jaw is dropping for.
    Its the train-sized gun positioned and pointed in front of it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like Cassara's art here as I did in those early issues of X-Force but...pin-head proportions always stick out to me as an egregious fault in overall technique. I know it's an artistic style choice but it irks my artistic sensibilities every time I see it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I kind of hate this. I'm reminded of when Warren Ellis turned Forge into a sad freak with that whole stupid Ghost box story. I don't like thinking of Forge as a potential mass murderer. Writers going down that route did wonders for Hank. Wait, no, I forgot, it ruined him.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."