Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired

Most of the really weird programs for kids came along after I was a kid myself. Kid shows in Canada were a breeding ground for strange concepts.

Never heard of Beetleborgs, but the name made me think of the Doodlebops. These three had a weird relationship with their bus driver. Like what band gives the spotlight to their driver? And their manager seemed to have more talent than they did.

When I watch IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA, I feel like the creators of that saw THE DOODLEBOPS and decided to use them as the basis for their show--but with less music. Both shows started in 2005.

Beetleborgs was a power rangers spin-off (in america anyways) with three kids who turn to adults to fight monsters. They also have a beetlejuice rip-off with three singing woman sidekicks and a house where the universal monster copies live!

Ah, almost forgot. Ripley's Believe It Or Not was a favorite of mine, and it was all about the weird. Which I found fascinating.

I guess Alf was weird all the Sid and Marty Kroft shows already mentioned. I swear all the kids were on Acid in those shows.
    Wonderbug
    Laff-A-Lympics
    Mr. Goodbody, though I think he was just on Captain Kangaroo, so I will add Captain Kangaroo.
    Any of the Afternoon Specials or weekend specials on ABC, I think it was ABC. I remember one was about a winged horse.

In Search Of with Leonard Nimoy. It's cool with Nimoy as a host but it had some of the most eerie soundtracks.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I would say definitely. Adding to the early Nickeledon programming, there's this of course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCg1kb1sA0
    Ah, I forgot about that show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ah, almost forgot. Ripley's Believe It Or Not was a favorite of mine, and it was all about the weird. Which I found fascinating.
    Jack Palance version?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Jack Palance version?
    Dean Cain one.
    Last edited by Jackalope89; 10-01-2022 at 08:13 PM.