Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Who is that down there? Cameron Hodge?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Who is that down there? Cameron Hodge?
    You mean the lobster? It’s probably Bill.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Graphic Lit. Connoisseur McGavino's Avatar

Bishop. That character hasn't been treated with the respect they deserve since Bishop: The Last X-Man ended back in '01. Which is a shame, since he's one of the most prominent POC X-Men.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So I tend to agree with this. There are other characters who I think should be over in the X-Force corner with him, along with Deadpool, such as Domino and Kwannon, maybe Cable or Bishop, depending on which one is the X-men books.
    Given how much similar connective tissue they have, I'd like to see a team with both Bishop and Cable working together for at least a few issues. It would be neat to see a good writer get into what makes them different characters with different voices, and not palette-swaps of each other.

The Academy X kids. I feel like that goes without saying unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Storm. She's back on track under Ewing (and has been written well throughout the Krakoan era for me) but for most of the 2000s - House of X might as well have been wallpaper. She missed out on Morrison's run, Whedon's, Remender's, and basically anything else good.
    Missing out on Morrison's run was a good thing for Storm's characterization, even if it wasn't for her popularity and prominence. Morrison was going to have her in the Emma Frost role of having the affair with Cyclops - sabotaging her friendship with Jean and her own history as a character. Storm dodged that bullet thanks to Claremont taking her for his team instead. Emma taking over that role boosted her into the X-mainstream so it worked out for both of their characters. After Morrison's run ended, I do agree with you that Storm was largely treading water but I still think it's better to be less written than poorly written.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Given how much similar connective tissue they have, I'd like to see a team with both Bishop and Cable working together for at least a few issues. It would be neat to see a good writer get into what makes them different characters with different voices, and not palette-swaps of each other.
    Agreed, with all the powerful, new adversaries they have now there'd be a book just for hadcore, militaristic action junkies where one, or both of them could really flex in. Maybe that's the downside of having so many nerd liberals as writers.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, with all the powerful, new adversaries they have now there'd be a book just for hadcore, militaristic action junkies where one, or both of them could really flex in. Maybe that's the downside of having so many nerd liberals as writers.
    I would be all over that book. Love both those gun-toting badasses and the two of them working together would be a dream come true.

Cyclops. For a long while he was used as litle more than a foil to whatever edge/cool character the writers were trying to push. He did have a period where he was front and center and enjoyed a lot of developtment, but ever since Marvel decided (and later backdown) he was going to be mutant Hitler, the character went downhill: first he was dead and hated, then he was dead and insignificant, then he was alive and useless, now he is alive and insignificant.

The latest A.X.E issue was a good example of his current role, the character who is talked about as important in-universe, but isn't important to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Psylocke and Captain Britain:

Kwannon was way better depicted in her short lived rendition in the 90’s. A dark past, dramatic dialogue, an unapologetic and bold attitude towards her fate, in case, her eminent death.

She was cold, callous, but we could feel her intense passion for Matsuo.

She was provocative with betsy, almost the bully when Betsy was the one overwhelmed by the confusion. It was amazing to see her connection blossoming as they were becoming partners in crime.

Now she is a bland version of ninja betsy braddock. Her current depiction reminds me of sad periods when betsy pannel time was reduced to angry faces in the background. When she was nothing but a pawn.

She is not her particular character like she could be picking up from the 90’s. She is a cameo ninja betsy braddock.

As for Betsy, I think there’s nothing left to be said. She is not picking up from her glorious characterization from the 80’s, nor she is exploding in action like the 90’s and neither she is continuing the interesting development that remender, spurrier and bunn were able to deliver in the last decade. She is somewhere else. A place that denies all highlights of betsy in the past. She is not pragmatic, not confident, not a spy, not a creative psionic that can do wonders with her powers, she is not dominant towards the men around her, she is not strategic nor an adventure junkie. Her struggles are mundane, for a woman that have been trough so many obliterations and yet was able to come trough.

All of a sudden she became a bland brawler and not even with her position as the prime omniversal guardian she is getting some relevance in the x or marvel myhtos.
    All of this sadly.