Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Justice League Detroit Era omnibus coming in 2018.

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...it+era+omnibus

OH BOY!!! ... [checks price] ... EIGHTY SEVEN DOLLARS!!!????

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    OH BOY!!! ... [checks price] ... EIGHTY SEVEN DOLLARS!!!????
    That's ths Amazon initial estimate. Cheapgraphicnovels, EBay and Amazon sellers usually mark it down to $50-60 upon realease. They get discounts fpr buying in bulk. Amazon itself tried to turn profits on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Justice League Detroit Era omnibus coming in 2018.

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...it+era+omnibus

Ordered this today. I can't help but notice that, despite going out of it's way to include further appearences of the JLD in JLA and JSA Classified and in the Retro DC event, it doesn't feature all the JLD post series appearences. Left out was the JLD segment of JLA Incarnations by John Ostrander, a really good tale set in the midst of the COIE.

Too bad. I find it amazing how underrated that excelent series is. It's the perfect companion to the more famous JLA Year One, by Waid and Kitson. Can't wait for the Omnibus to arrive, though.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 12-15-2017 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    ..the JLD segment of JLA Incarnations by John Ostrander, a really good tale set in the midst of the COIE.

Too bad. I find it amazing how underrated that excelent series is.
    I liked that series. And loved that they were given their moment to shine as a significant (although brief) incarnation of the Justice League. A bit revisionist but they burn bright then go out like heroes.

Where from? FanArt? Love it!
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-15-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Currently, I'm not having much free time to read, and there are a few things on my nightstand, but I'm halfway through the Omnibus. Have to say it's a bit more dated then I was expecting. There are so many character developments trails that I could see explored in a more modern take. Many of the conflicts are, IMHO, too quickly and easily solved, such as the Vixen vs the Ox's conflict (the Ox could have made a fairly interesting long term opponent, with his ruthlessness and diplomatic connections) and Grampa Steel's micromanaging the team. There was a lot more Old Man Heywood could have done to cause headaches for the team. Still, it has been an enjoyable read. Chuck Pattan brought a brightness to the book with his clean cut art that is sorely missed after he left. Looking foward to having time toread more.

Peace

Cute!...

History of th DCY Wolfman/Perez

Where was this ^ recap from?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-15-2018 at 08:21 AM.

It pains me that every character on the team has appeared in live action in some capacity and DC Comics is not taking advantage of that.

DC could literally refer to them as LoT or make them a JLA team but nope, the exposure for most of the characters is wasted.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

If I had the opportunity I would love to write a forgotten story with this team.

This team was really powerful when you think about it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Hence the emphasis on J'onn, a crossover arc featuring this team-up, is precisely the kind of arc that could be used to focus on J'onn not sitting back and watching, but becoming leader of his own unique team!

...this particular group having to step up and be the lead heroes for a stint could be a fun arc.

Maybe with Gypsy lost to some multiverse threat, Vibe dimension jumps from show to show, seeking the others, and J'onn to lead the improvised team.

Also with J'onn sidelined as a JL founder in the comics, and in the upcoming JL movie, this would give him a moment to shine with his own ersatz League
    Maybe now add ^The Flash's Elongated-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It pains me that every character on the team has appeared in live action in some capacity and DC Comics is not taking advantage of that.

DC could literally refer to them as LoT or make them a JLA team but nope, the exposure for most of the characters is wasted.
    This ^ not only would I give them their own crossover episode, but I would use it as a springboard to launch a new comic run starring this group.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

DC could literally refer to them as LoT
    LoT ?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-12-2018 at 09:17 AM.

DCUC

JLU gave them a nice nod...

Haven't seen the episode though, so I can't tell are they running towards their death? LOL
    JLU
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-15-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If I had the opportunity I would love to write a forgotten story with this team.

Pretty much what these were, I'd love to see more.

Anyone read the Convergence Detroit League tie-in?

Last edited by Güicho; 08-13-2018 at 07:10 PM.

There have been a few, most notably a JLA Classified arc and DC Retroactive, collected in the JLA Detroit Omnibus, and the two Convergance issues. The team was powerful, however, and that was probably one of the reasons the team didn't succeed, the writers always seemed to foccus on the newer characters, that were basically a girl that could blend into the background and create illusions, a one man earth-quake (and I'm being quite generous with Vibe here, considering how he used his powers in the past. The powers of the New 52 version were much better developed), a woman who could take the powers of the animals (and, as much as I liked Vixen - she was my favorite of the bunch - she never really made that intresting nor very impressive in the JLD) and a better looking but less powerful Cyborg 2.0, but that left out the most powerful members of the team, Zatanna and Martian Manhunter (probably among the most powerful of any team they are part of), as barely supporting characters that were always quickly taken out so the new guys could shine. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the updated versions getting together again.

Peace

If Snyder does one of those "what would you like to see at dc comics questions again" I'm gonna mention this team and see if he replies.

And as you say they were powerful even if they looked eccletic in style and just around each other.

LoT ?
    LoT is Legends of Tomorrow ...but I kind of don't like that name even if it is recognizable.

Has Elongated Man been used in the comics recently?
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

With West Coast Avengers making a return. What are the chances of getting a JLD revival. A lot of people say that JLD was the worst incarnation of the League. But wow, I'm actually surprised that it has such a following. I think I might buy that omnibus.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Not familiar with it, has anyone read it?
    This issue of Back Issue Magazine cover story seems to be remembering this era of JL.

Not surprisingly the image focuses on the team getting dissed, here by Batman, leaving them in his dust. LOL!

And the article:
    BACK ISSUE #58 .... Plus the Justice League fans loved to hate: the “Detroit” team, featuring GERRY CONWAY, LUKE McDONNELL, CHUCK PATTON, and more. Also: CONWAY and GEOFF JOHNS go “Pro2Pro” on writing the JLA, ....
    "the Justice League fans loved to hate"

That is how they are most often referenced.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    What are the chances of getting a JLD revival. A lot of people say that JLD was the worst incarnation of the League. But wow, I'm actually surprised that it has such a following. I think I might buy that omnibus.
    I mean that is pretty much the truth, although there is a way to approach the team with them owning that.
    Acknowledging that the world would never see them as a legit incarnation of the League.
    And have them almost behind the scenes (as a team J'onnzz secretly put together) being the ones who save the universe.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-19-2018 at 08:09 AM.