Amazing Member

Default I am not a fan of the x men reddit community

was part of that community for several years and lately they have become increasingly unhinged in defending the current run and saying that if you don't like Krakoa you are racist or homophobic. They shut down any form of constructive criticism of the books. they say they are all perfect, and attack any book that itself criticizes the status. they are not fans of the sabertooth mini.

I eventually just had to stop going to it. Has anyone else had that experience? I love the x men and enjoy talking about them. but I get the feeling those people don't understand they are comic books anymore.

Astonishing Member

Uh, I don’t remember the Reddit hating the Sabretooth mini. I didn’t read every weekly comic discussion thread but the ratio of “LaVelle is ruining Krakao” to “This is rather good to” to “It’s okay” seemed about normal.

No, haven’t seen anyone get called racist or homophobic there for this reason. Mainly they have been for saying racist things about KeKe Palmer lol.

The discussion on Reddit is pretty similar to hear but leans a bit more positive, not specifically on Krakoa but just generally more pleasant and less complainy, as most people seem to actually read the books before commenting on them there.

I haven't see anything of what you are saying. They are just like here but they don't hate every comic not written by Al Ewing.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    No, haven’t seen anyone get called racist or homophobic there for this reason. Mainly they have been for saying racist things about KeKe Palmer lol.

The discussion on Reddit is pretty similar to hear but leans a bit more positive, not specifically on Krakoa but just generally more pleasant and less complainy, as most people seem to actually read the books before commenting on them there.
    I did not find them more pleasant. its why I have stopped going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramega1 View Post
    I did not find them more pleasant. its why I have stopped going there.
    I mean, you just posted in the X-Men preview thread "I hate this writer". The rest of the thread here and in Reddit is more positive.

Maybe it's something to think about.

Yeah, this isn't really the place to complain about that.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules