Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The art is awful but the story itself is okay.

Not as bad as some are making it out honestly. It just didn't feel like I was reading Tim but that could change as she finds her voice for the character.

The artistic choice of making the boys more feminine is baffling and adds to Tim coming across like a different character.
    How it come the voice didn't feel like Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    How it come the voice didn't feel like Tim?
    He just didn't sound like Tim Drake as I know the character. Also his mannerisms and how he reacts isn't Tim. EG like when bernard tapped him on the back and he leaped into the air. What! Tim is a seasoned fighter, he isn't that jittery and unprepared. Calling himself Weird, the way he talks about his neighbours etc

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Tim will be fine. He has had rough patches before and DC has never marginalised or given up on the character. Plus The current staff grew up with him as their Robin so he's got fans behind the scenes.

The artist on this might be highly stylised but he;s one that DC has put on big names characters.
    Bernard needs development not death.
    I do not understand this at all. His style is very polarizing and not easily palatable. You dont put him on a book you want to meet the mainstream with, especially a title that could have gotten as much attention as Tim Drake: Robin could have.

Well, she's been writing Tim for, like, what...almost 12 issues by now counting all the material in her DC work? Not a good recommendation if she can't get the voice right for his solo.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I do not understand this at all. His style is very polarizing and not easily palatable. You dont put him on a book you want to meet the mainstream with, especially a title that could have gotten as much attention as Tim Drake: Robin could have.
    I liked his past work for Constantine and Martian Manhunter but I don't think his art style is the right choice for this book especially not for the first issue.

Mighty Member

He just didn't sound like Tim Drake as I know the character. Also his mannerisms and how he reacts isn't Tim. EG like when bernard tapped him on the back and he leaped into the air. What! Tim is a seasoned fighter, he isn't that jittery and unprepared. Calling himself Weird, the way he talks about his neighbours etc
    Oh boy. Feels like it was trying to hard to make him feel "quirky" and more like fanon Tim..........ugh. Next issue he will probably talk about coffee a lot.

The art is awful but the story itself is okay.

Not as bad as some are making it out honestly. It just didn't feel like I was reading Tim but that could change as she finds her voice for the character.

The artistic choice of making the boys more feminine is baffling and adds to Tim coming across like a different character.
    I read the pages DC released online. I honestly thought Bernard was a girl at first.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Oh boy. Feels like it was trying to hard to make him feel "quirky" and more like fanon Tim..........ugh. Next issue he will probably talk about coffee a lot.
    And be an insomniac? I mean, she already tapped the "violent relationship with Damian". And it could either go a step in that direction with Jason, or Jason babying him if he's ever brought up...

It pops up all the time in Jason fics in the descriptions alone.

Astonishing Member

Rossmo's style fits pretty good with characters like Harley Quinn or Martian Manhutter.

Some examples:
    images.jpg
    images (1).jpg

This style just doesn't work for Tim Drake.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-28-2022 at 09:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    spoilers:

What was with the gayfather comment by the detective? Was he joking or does he know Tim/Robin is bisexual?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

That's the detective from the Urban Legends story, so he knows.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Afaik most Harley Quinn fans were also not that happy with his work.

Like it or not, its eye catching. Tim Drake is not a mainstream draw anymore. They're looking for any audience, trying different things and looks for a character that has been utterly stale. While grooming in new talent they think could be interesting. I doubt they want another Young Justice here. The art here reminds me of Travel Foreman. In that its divisive, but distinct. Its immediately eye catching.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-29-2022 at 03:09 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Like it or not, its eye catching. Tim Drake is not a mainstream draw anymore. They're looking for any audience, trying different things and looks for a character that has been utterly stale. While grooming in new talent they think could be interesting. I doubt they want another Young Justice here. The art here reminds me of Travel Foreman. In that its divisive, but distinct. Its immediately eye catching.
    I think with this book and Batgirls they were going for a more indie style to appeal to that market since those books do really well in trades.

Hopefully, Ricardo Lopez Ortiz's art style is not as divisive.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Just read it.
    It’s not Tim Drake anymore, is a totally different character.
    The art is annoying.
    Not at all what a fan like me had be waiting for years.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How is Tim Drake not a big draw but people were wondering which Robin they were using for the upcoming Gotham Knights game?

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Rossmo's style fits pretty good with characters like Harley Quinn or Martian Manhutter.

Some examples:
    images.jpg
    images (1).jpg

Let's be honest: Rossmo's style will work on characters who aren't genuinely attractive like J'onn and Hellblazer but not people like Harley and Tim. These pages aren't helping your cause.
    "Cable was right!"