Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Tim Drake: Robin #2 Preview

Tim Drake: Robin #2 Preview
    Writer: Meghan Fitzmartin
    Artist: Riley Rossmo

Fantastic Member

Those green captions kind of stand out, even from a first read-through. I get that they're meant to be ominous, but them acting like they can read Tim's narration and him not reacting to them kind of breaks the immersion, given how these past stories take great pains to make Tim the sole P.O.V.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-21-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Fantastic Member

On a second read-through though, the green narration might just be listening to his conversation with Bernard, though it's still somewhat immersion breaking and might have been clearer that's what was going on, if Tim's own narration caption was silent for that panel.

Though I suppose some will use it as fuel for an "Evil Bernard" theory, which has more legs to stand on, the more I think of it.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-21-2022 at 04:04 PM.

It's funny seeing Tim hide his identity from a love interest. He hasn't had to do that for...what, a few decades?

I wonder if people are able to tell the difference between Tim and Damian. Like, who do the public think of as Robin?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny seeing Tim hide his identity from a love interest. He hasn't had to do that for...what, a few decades?

I wonder if people are able to tell the difference between Tim and Damian. Like, who do the public think of as Robin?
    The last one he hid it from was Zoanne I think. That was over a decade ago.

Honestly, I think the public just think Robin is Robin and either don't have a clue that there have been many Robins or just default to a generic character in the costume (a bit like how the Teen Titans cartoons never gave their Robin any identity beyond his superhero persona. Unlike Marvel, DC characters seem way more likely to be seen for their mantle first and foremost and the secret identity is either a distant second or doesn't factor in that much. There are exceptions, to be sure (Bruce Wayne is always Batman and everyone knows that Superman is really mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent), but it doesn't seem to be universal. (Wonder if DC positioning its characters as icons and "gods," unlike Marvel's characters defaulting to "people thrown into craziness is a factor in why?)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It's Timian, right? Or was it Damothy?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Honestly, I think the public just think Robin is Robin and either don't have a clue that there have been many Robins or just default to a generic character in the costume (a bit like how the Teen Titans cartoons never gave their Robin any identity beyond his superhero persona. Unlike Marvel, DC characters seem way more likely to be seen for their mantle first and foremost and the secret identity is either a distant second or doesn't factor in that much. There are exceptions, to be sure (Bruce Wayne is always Batman and everyone knows that Superman is really mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent), but it doesn't seem to be universal. (Wonder if DC positioning its characters as icons and "gods," unlike Marvel's characters defaulting to "people thrown into craziness is a factor in why?)
    I think some people noticed the transition from Jason to Tim and the transition from Tim to Damian would've been more obvious because Damian was so young.

(And of course I think it's almost in-universe publicly known that Nightwing was OG!Robin. Also he was the Robin of the TT cartoon).

I think some people noticed the transition from Jason to Tim and the transition from Tim to Damian would've been more obvious because Damian was so young.
    Was thinking more outside the comic book readership.

(And of course I think it's almost in-universe publicly known that Nightwing was OG!Robin. Also he was the Robin of the TT cartoon).
    From what I saw of the cartoons, the Teen Titans may as well have had no identities beyond their superhero personas. At least I don't recall Robin being given a name beyond that.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

From what I saw of the cartoons, the Teen Titans may as well have had no identities beyond their superhero personas. At least I don't recall Robin being given a name beyond that.
    Cyborg called himself "Stone" while undercover at Hive Academy. Probably more as an Easter Egg though. But Robin, in an episode that showed the future, was Nightwing, and Larry the Imp's real name, as an alternate version of Robin, is "Nosyarg Kcid". Which, is the mirrored version of "Dick Grayson".

I was talking in-universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Cyborg called himself "Stone" while undercover at Hive Academy. Probably more as an Easter Egg though. But Robin, in an episode that showed the future, was Nightwing, and Larry the Imp's real name, as an alternate version of Robin, is "Nosyarg Kcid". Which, is the mirrored version of "Dick Grayson".
    I think there was a Flying Graysons reference at some point in the show...I think Robin flashed back to his parents' death and then him taking the oath in the Batcave.

He was definitively meant to be Dick Grayson.

Fantastic Member

Given he became Nightwing in a bad future storyline, definitely Dick Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I was talking in-universe.

I think there was a Flying Graysons reference at some point in the show...I think Robin flashed back to his parents' death and then him taking the oath in the Batcave.

He was definitively meant to be Dick Grayson.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Okay 10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

That reads like a poor episode of Darkwing Duck or Rescue Rangers or Duck Tales, not Tim Drake/Robin. And that art is just so ugly. It doesn't seem to be going to get any better as the cover artist is being moved to interiors according to future solicitations. Everything about this book is just...not good.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't like the fact Tim is Robin. Why is he Robin knowing Damian still is one? This character can't be this lost