Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Oh, I agree. Hell, I'd still have her react poorly and then when Tim pushes back (because he's dumb to be introducing them so soon, so he'd absolutely be a bonehead about it), she would express it's that he's parading his new flame in front of her, not that he's a dude, and that Tim really doesn't understand people if he thinks it's the right time. Have her tell Bernard she's sorry, it's not about him, she's just really mad at how insensitive Tim is being and just be on her way.

You know, some pushback over leaving your girlfriend and introducing her to your new significant other immediately. Have Bernard support Tim while also saying that, yes, it was a dick move. Actual relationship drama that can bring people closer! Your current SO and ex meeting is always a conversation, and usually a complicated one. Dig into that juicy steak dinner instead of just microwaving the fucking thing to room temp. :/

Just about anything other than what we got. But if we must **** the bed, I prefer it doesn't make Steph look like a homophobe. She can walk away from that poor writing fine in the end.
    She wouldn't react poorly to the coming out. She would react poorly to him dumping her without a reason and ghosting her. I agree with everything else you said on what she should have told him, and that he didn't seem to think about how she would react to seeing him with someone else or maybe she hasn't moved on.

but I'd add Tim didn't just leave his girlfriend and introduce her to his new partner immediately, he did it without even asking his girlfriend if she wanted to which is even worse.

The ending we got went too far in the opposite direction and like I said didn't feel like true allyship but more 'squeeing and cooing at gay people being cute'.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    She wouldn't react poorly to the coming out. She would react poorly to him dumping her without a reason and ghosting her. I agree with everything else you said on what she should have told him, and that he didn't seem to think about how she would react to seeing him with someone else or maybe she hasn't moved on.

but I'd add Tim didn't just leave his girlfriend and introduce her to his new partner immediately, he did it without even asking his girlfriend if she wanted to which is even worse.

The ending we got went too far in the opposite direction and like I said didn't feel like true allyship but more 'squeeing and cooing at gay people being cute'.
    I didn't say she'd react poorly to the coming out, I said Tim would assume that since he would assume he did nothing wrong and she would clarify he's an idiot. Because he is.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Wonder why that is as he stayed by her when was 15 and pregnant with the child of another man, and she stood by him and believed in him when he was in a position to turn into an evil fascist version of himself via having immense power at his fingertips, when she saw and witnesseded said evil fascist version and future to the point where she could identify the signs of him turning so.............

Also I guess he trusted her enough that she wouldn't react badly to meeting his new partner without warning........
    Coz he stupid

What I mean is he can handle obvious thing, like Steph being left behind with a child, obvious crime, but being tactful, or even aware of his own emotion is another thing.

The Urban Legends intro part of the story is about him running away from his own emotion, and he called his own consciousness "system online" as he gain consciousness, so Fritzmartin went with intelligent analytical nerd and emotionally stupid Tim Drake interpretation.

The fact that he can't handle his own emotion continues in this preview as he started being analytical and aware of his surrounding, being watched, but after a date with Bernard he just walks casually through a dark alley, smiling like an idiot, all sense of alertness gone.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-25-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Coz he stupid

What I mean is he can handle obvious thing, like Steph being left behind with a child, obvious crime, but being tactful, or even aware of his own emotion is another thing. He's had many girls attracted to him, but he doesn't always handle it well. Though the level of handling it different with every writers.

The Urban Legends intro part of the story is about him running away from his own emotion, and he called his own consciousness "system online" as he gain consciousness, so Fritzmartin went with intelligent analytical nerd and emotionally stupid Tim Drake interpretation

The fact that he can't handle his own emotion continues in this preview as he started being analytical and aware of his surrounding, being watched, but after a date with Bernard he just walks casually through a dark alley, smiling like an idiot, all sense of alertness gone.
    In Rebirth he literally had an arc where he learned he could trust her with anything after going through the whole emotionally stupid and analytical phase (focusing on trying to not be evil Batman and neglecting his own emotions and how it affected others around him such as Steph) and getting over that. This felt (and feels) like regression and too much fanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I didn't say she'd react poorly to the coming out, I said Tim would assume that since he would assume he did nothing wrong and she would clarify he's an idiot. Because he is.
    Oh sorry for the misunderstanding.

Spectacular Member SomeRandomSmartA55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Coz he stupid

What I mean is he can handle obvious thing, like Steph being left behind with a child, obvious crime, but being tactful, or even aware of his own emotion is another thing.

The Urban Legends intro part of the story is about him running away from his own emotion, and he called his own consciousness "system online" as he gain consciousness, so Fritzmartin went with intelligent analytical nerd and emotionally stupid Tim Drake interpretation.

And that is exactly the problem. Tim has never EVER been this dense before. This is supposed to be the same kid who managed to figure out the Batman was losing his touch after Jason died?! Tim has always had an incredible emotional intelligence, and making him this gay love sick puppy is just barf inducing. He was never this love sick with Steph, he was in love with her for sure, but not at the expense of his drive and focus. Honestly this whole thing better be revealed that Bernard has some pheromone powers that make people instantly like him, because that is the only explanation I can think of of why everyone is acting SO dumb!
    Last edited by SomeRandomSmartA55; 09-25-2022 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomSmartA55 View Post
    And that is exactly the problem. Tim has never EVER been this dense before. This is supposed to be the same kid who managed to figure out the Batman was losing his touch after Jason died?! Tim has always had an incredible emotional intelligence, and making him this gay love sick puppy is just barf inducing. He was never this love sick with Steph, he was in love with her for sure, but not at the expense of his drive and focus. Honestly this whole thing better be revealed that Bernard has some pheromone powers that make people instantly like him, because that is the only explanation I can think of of why everyone is acting SO dumb!
    Tim recognised Dick Grayson do a move only the Grayson could do that doesn't stop him from being dense. Tim often is dense.

Tim out of all the Robin is the least emotionally intelligent. Dick Grayson has often called him out on it as has Bruce.

Tim has intuition but he isn't emotionally intelligent. I can believe that he might not know how to handle this especially since they've also aged him down.

I can't believe people are still upset about the way Steph was dumped. Does not bode well for this new Robin series to have so much hate.

I'm not going to be picking this up. Not only does it look **** but DC cancelled a good series for it and then proceeded to crap on another character to promote this title. Everything about this title is a turn off.

Hopefully it fails and DC carries on with excellent Damian series

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tim recognised Dick Grayson do a move only the Grayson could do that doesn't stop him from being dense. Tim often is dense.

Tim out of all the Robin is the least emotionally intelligent. Dick Grayson has often called him out on it as has Bruce.

Tim has intuition but he isn't emotionally intelligent. I can believe that he might not know how to handle this especially since they've also aged him down.

I can't believe people are still upset about the way Steph was dumped. Does not bode well for this new Robin series to have so much hate.

I'm not going to be picking this up. Not only does it look **** but DC cancelled a good series for it and then proceeded to crap on another character to promote this title. Everything about this title is a turn off.

Hopefully it fails and DC carries on with excellent Damian series

He has been emotionally dense but never to this degree. In Rebirth he just had an arc where he learned he needs to stop taking everything on his own and open up to people with his issues and keep the people he loves close to him, especially with Steph as in her case he can trust her with everything. And like we said he's never been shown as this lovesick before even at the highs with Steph. Him still acting like this SIX MONTHS with Bernard feels straight out of a fanfic.

And yeah people are upset of how Steph was dumped as aside from making Tim look bad and trashing their relationship, it completely gave a middle finger to Steph througout the whole thing.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

What I find sad is that honestly Tim's coming out has always felt dishonest to a degree. He's bi mostly because DC has no idea what to do with him, so they made him queer as a ratings stunt to drive up interest in him.

And Tim has been languishing these several years being generally directionless compared to the other Robins. As varying in quality they may be, DC has a general idea for Dick, Jason, and Damian. Tim unfortunately is kind of the expendable Robin and as fucked up as it sounds thats prolly why they decided to make him queer, because they stand to loose less with him than the others.

And whats worse is that Tim is still directionless. Being bisexual is not a direction, and yet this book apparently doesn't have more to it beyond Tim's sexuality and most likely not even like a deep introspective exploration of it beyond shilling Bernard.

Well, at least according to the solicitations it sounds like Tim will be so busy solving a murder case that he won't notice that Bernard has been kidnapped until issue 4.
    Make of that what you will.

Mighty Member

That has to be the explanation if Tim is still like after six months.

Really the whole thing is acting as if Tim never really liked Steph. Sure you can say Bernard helped him realize he was bi and that gave him a new sense of happiness but as a bi person do you think it entails that it is making him happy in comparision that he is still like this after six months, and that before he was "settling for" in Steph and she didn't/couldn't have helped him achieve this or wasn't crucial to helping discover himself as part of being does involve liking women and made him happier than he was Steph as he felt intense enough for Steph to have a love at first sight upon meeting her in the new universe after the changes caused by the New 52 which implies his feelings carried over despite said change.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Well, at least according to the solicitations it sounds like Tim will be so busy solving a murder case that he won't notice that Bernard has been kidnapped until issue 4.
    Is it bad that some part of me kinda wishes that Bernard is the one murdered…or even the murderer?

Well, if DC is doing the Didio approach of any press is good press they are succeeding cause this thread has 8 page in less than a week and the book didn't even release yet.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Is it bad that some part of me kinda wishes that Bernard is the one murdered…or even the murderer?
    Those both sound like terrible choices.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Again? Damn.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Those both sound like terrible choices.
    Maybe so but I have a feeling that what we will get won’t be that much better