Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Now that I think about it, considering the blatant Tim/Con shipping in YJ I wonder how long till Tim is tempted by Con and considers cheating on Bernard.

I fully expect hackey **** like love triangles.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Now that I think about it, considering the blatant Tim/Con shipping in YJ I wonder how long till Tim is tempted by Con and considers cheating on Bernard.

Love triangles are good, they add some drama to the story (*cough* X-Men *cough*). Personally, I hate them. For some reason, I don't think there'll be any cheating or love triangles in this run.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 09-24-2022 at 12:20 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

BANNED

Bernard looks like he's ready to be on Ru Paul.

Whoever that is that's speaking, it's not Tim. The voice isn't right, the mannerisms aren't right, and saying a boy you've only known for six months brings out the 'real you' after being with Stephanie for more years just rings hollow, it's right up there with MJ thinking a six month stint of motherhood makes her feel more responsible than all the years she was with Peter Parker.

This is barf inducing, this book is dead on arrival. It's only for one specific audience, and they don't buy books at all, and let's face it, half of them probably won't even feel the same way about themselves when they age out of the demo.

First the solicits, then that promo interview now this preview, why can't they keep Damian out of this?

Not DC creating even more rivalry between fans lol.
    That’s just a dumb way to market a new book because it completely alienates a portion of the fanbase. And DC’s isn’t at a place they can afford alienating anyone.
    And this is coming from someone who likes Tim and Damian.

Mighty Member

So it's okay to tease Tim and Con now that Tim is bi and in a relationship but not with Steph? Seems legit.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Bernard looks like he's ready to be on Ru Paul.

Whoever that is that's speaking, it's not Tim. The voice isn't right, the mannerisms aren't right, and saying a boy you've only known for six months brings out the 'real you' after being with Stephanie for more years just rings hollow, it's right up there with MJ thinking a six month stint of motherhood makes her feel more responsible than all the years she was with Peter Parker.

This is barf inducing, this book is dead on arrival. It's only for one specific audience, and they don't buy books at all, and let's face it, half of them probably won't even feel the same way about themselves when they age out of the demo.
    Well, not every male character has to look and behave like Rambo. :P

And could you define pls this 'specific audience'?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That’s just a dumb way to market a new book because it completely alienates a portion of the fanbase. And DC’s isn’t at a place they can afford alienating anyone.
    Nothing new under the sun... Hal vs John, Hal vs Kyle, Damian vs Tim, Wally vs Barry, etc, etc, etc. Yet, some ppl 're eager to join the rivalry debates.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    So it's okay to tease Tim and Con now that Tim is bi and in a relationship but not with Steph? Seems legit.
    Oh, actually when the love triangle was brought up, I was automatically thinking of StephxTim and BernardxTim, I didn't think about KonxTim. :P
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Wasn't there actual downplaying of Tim's relationship with Steph over in YJ Dark Crisis?

Something about Tim mentioning Steph prolly mostly dated him cause she liked his costume while he goes on a heartfelt tirade to Con about how much his death hurt him?

Mighty Member

Wasn't there actual downplaying of Tim's relationship with Steph over in YJ Dark Crisis?

Something about Tim mentioning Steph prolly mostly dated him cause she liked his costume while he goes on a heartfelt tirade to Con about how much his death hurt him?

Yep in Dark Crisis YJ he bluntly rejects the notion of going back to Steph without a second thought and shows more thought to the idea of being Batman (one of his worst fears) and when fake Cassie implies Steph only likes Tim for his costume, he doesn't evend defend her.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't even necessarily think that Fitzmartin had a bad intent when she wrote that line, it was probably supposed to be funny in a "Damian notices changes in Tim and shows his care in his own way" way but the solicits and that interview putting Damian down to elevate Tim, this title coming out directly after Damian's solo was ended and DC's love for villainizing Damian...stuff like this only divides your fanbase. I've even seen some Tim fans who feel uncomfortable and wish for DC to show why Tim is so great instead of just saying he is while they insult other characters to elevate him.

And the crowd that might be attracted to a book that bashes Damian, well there are several factors that make me doubt they would pick up the book just for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I don't even necessarily think that Fitzmartin had a bad intent when she wrote that line, it was probably supposed to be funny in a "Damian notices changes in Tim and shows his care in his own way" way but the solicits and that interview putting Damian down to elevate Tim, this title coming out directly after Damian's solo was ended and DC's love for villainizing Damian...stuff like this only divides your fanbase. I've even seen some Tim fans who feel uncomfortable and wish for DC to show why Tim is so great instead of just saying he is while they insult other characters to elevate him.
    Wait what interview putting him down?

I can see the solicit here, yeah if it wasn't for the ending of his ongoing just it would have been a harmless joke.

Also hilarious referring to Fitzmartin as a "fan-favorite writer". Oh yeah she's fan-favorite all right, about as fan-favorite as Brian Michael Bendis.

Mighty Member

Y'know between Tim bluntly rejecting the notion of getting back with Steph in Dark Crisis YJ without even looking back even a little (yet doing it for Kon), and here saying before Bernard he was 'settling for" and ignoring that his relationship with Steph did bring all the things he claims Bernard does, it really feels like Tim was lying to Steph when he told her she was "everything he ever wanted and more'

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Some say the real (that is, not bisexual) Tim is in hypertime now, and this Tim is just a new Tim (LOL).
    That's me, but correction, both are real, because all branches of hypertime does exist alongside, they're just not focusing on that version right now

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    The art is not ugly, just doesn't feature cute yaoi/shounen ai boys. I have no problem with it. If I need cute boys, I just read Sins of the Black Flamingo. :P
    Honestly that one's a bit much for me. I prefer the more chaste cute PG-13 level romance

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    It's only for one specific audience, and they don't buy books at all, and let's face it, half of them probably won't even feel the same way about themselves when they age out of the demo.
    Yeah that's called growing up. It happens.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-24-2022 at 03:04 AM.

Wait what interview putting him down?

I can see the solicit here, yeah if it wasn't for the ending of his ongoing just it would have been a harmless joke.

Also hilarious referring to Fitzmartin as a "fan-favorite writer". Oh yeah she's fan-favorite all right, about as fan-favorite as Brian Michael Bendis.

The interview is not the worst, but together with everything else it's just making people more and more annoyed.
    I dislike the question "what makes Tim the world's greatest Robin?" to start with, Fitzmartin's answer is boring and weird. None of the Robins did it for fame or blackmailed Bruce.
    And then Rossmo brings Damian into this because apparently they have so little to say about Tim other than "he's smart and kind" that they had to talk badly of another Robin to get their point across.