Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Honestly that one's a bit much for me. I prefer the more chaste cute Disney Channel level teen romance

Yeah that's called growing up. It happens.
    Oh, I get it. Yeah, that Black Flamingo stuff is a bit much I have to admit.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Astonishing Member

Nah, sorry, not buying it. No hopes for Fitzmartin writing, and Rossmo, nothing personal, but I just can't stand his art style.

Also, sorry, but being smart in the batfamily is not special at all and the way they describe him he sounds like a doormat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    It's a pinup-y variant. I find it sexy. The armpit hair is intentional.
    Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it was hair or just shadowing.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it was hair or just shadowing.
    Welcome. TBH, for the first time, I also thought it's just shadowing.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I legit thought Bernard was a girl in the first panel he’s in.
    The variant covers are nice. I wish any one of those artists were doing the interiors.

Is it just me or does Fitzmartin seem to be writing Tim gay as opposed to bisexual? He "settled" for Stephanie and then found the "real" him.

I'm not a Steph stan by any means but objectively she is a much more developed character than Bernard. Bernard is pretty much a blank slate, yet Tim is insanely head over heels for him. It seems like the reason for that is that he's a dude.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post

The interview is not the worst, but together with everything else it's just making people more and more annoyed.
    I dislike the question "what makes Tim the world's greatest Robin?" to start with, Fitzmartin's answer is boring and weird. None of the Robins did it for fame or blackmailed Bruce.
    And then Rossmo brings Damian into this because apparently they have so little to say about Tim other than "he's smart and kind" that they had to talk badly of another Robin to get their point across.
    She was not talking about the other Robins here but in certain part of the fandom you see anti Tim people say that Tim blackmail or guilt tip Batman into becoming Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    She was not talking about the other Robins here but in certain part of the fandom you see anti Tim people say that Tim blackmail or guilt tip Batman into becoming Robin.
    Yeah, she is only saying that he had the information and choose to do good instead of bad with what he had. It has nothing to do with the other characters.

But this "World's greatest Robin" label is forced as hell. You should be showing it instead of telling us.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nş8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

The art is not ugly, just doesn't feature cute yaoi/shounen ai boys. I have no problem with it. If I need cute boys, I just read Sins of the Black Flamingo. :P
    Honestly, I'm surprised they aren't using "cute yaoi/shonen ai boy" art for this comic. It seems the most appropiate art to attract fans toward Tim x Bernard.

In fact, they were using that kind of art for Tim's story in Urban Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    The variant covers are nice. I wish any one of those artists were doing the interiors.
    I also mistake Bernard for a girl when I just see the images.

The variant covers are pretty good. It would be better if one of these artists drawn the interior.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-24-2022 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That's me, but correction, both are real, because all branches of hypertime does exist alongside, they're just not focusing on that version right now
    Oh, I've just noticed this. No, I was not thinking of your comment, bc that other person didn't say that BOTH versions are real. They said that hypertime Tim is the real one and this version isn't the real one, he's brand new.

I totally agree with your view that both versions are real.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 09-24-2022 at 07:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    A couple of the covers for this and DCYJ I kept thinking who's that pretty girl in short hair... oh it's just Bernard XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What the hell is this ?
    Attachment 124912
    Damian's right, he's out of character.

Also, doesn't this contradict Zdarsky's Batman? And the art here is horrible.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There're effeminate men, you know.
    I know, but just compared to how he'd been drawn before it feels different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Is it just me or does Fitzmartin seem to be writing Tim gay as opposed to bisexual? He "settled" for Stephanie and then found the "real" him.

I'm not a Steph stan by any means but objectively she is a much more developed character than Bernard. Bernard is pretty much a blank slate, yet Tim is insanely head over heels for him. It seems like the reason for that is that he's a dude.
    When you see the way Tim justified dumping Steph, it certainly does lend itself to that idea.

Honestly the art is the only thing interesting about this preview. Its unusual, but it at least tries to create some sense of style for the title. Everything else is pretty blah.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-24-2022 at 01:04 PM.