Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When you see the way Tim justified dumping Steph, it certainly does lend itself to that idea.
    I'm behind on comics, due to ongoing issues with Comixology. Can I ask how he justified dumping Steph? I seen a few panels of the aftermath, notably the weird one where Steph said meeting her exes new boyfriend was the best day of her life.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I'm behind on comics, due to ongoing issues with Comixology. Can I ask how he justified dumping Steph? I seen a few panels of the aftermath, notably the weird one where Steph said meeting her exes new boyfriend was the best day of her life.
    I honestly do not know if it's been addressed as such, if it has...it was done in such a way that I have completely forgotten about it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    One of the worst panels I've ever read..........

Apparently his justification is that Steph was everything he ever wanted and more (looks like that was a lie) but he realized it wasn't due to her gender. So basically because he found out he was bi. Which is weak and lazy and ties into the whole he needs to be with a man to validate and truly be bi........

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    One of the worst panels I've ever read..........

Apparently his justification is that Steph was everything he ever wanted and more (looks like that was a lie) but he realized it wasn't due to her gender. So basically because he found out he was bi. Which is weak and lazy and ties into the whole he needs to be with a man to validate and truly be bi........
    I said this before but there is a weird undercurrent of misogyny in how Tim is treating Steph.

He is treating her awfully, giving little thought to her feelings or lacking the decency to treat her upfront all while he focuses entirely on his own wants and relationships with other men.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I said this before but there is a weird undercurrent of misogyny in how Tim is treating Steph.

He is treating her awfully, giving little thought to her feelings or lacking the decency to treat her upfront all while he focuses entirely on his own wants and relationships with other men.

Yep. He introduces her to his new partner without even asking her and even was telling other people she was avoiding him.

Marvel: No one can trash a character like we trashed Iceman!

DC: Hold my beer...
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-24-2022 at 01:47 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Honestly the art is the only thing interesting about this preview. Its unusual, but it al least tries to create some sense of style for the title. Everything else is pretty blah.
    Is it just me, or does Tim look like he should have a second career as a mime?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is it just me, or does Tim look like he should have a second career as a mime?
    Maybe, not necessarily a bad thing if so. Artists should be able to tell story with out the need for words.

Spectacular Member SomeRandomSmartA55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What the hell is this ?
    Attachment 124912
    It's garbage that's what.

Fitzmartin just does not get what being bisexual is. I am bi myself, and the way she just throws any previous relationship under the bus, just proves:

1) she does not listen to the fans legit critiques
    2) she has never read any of the comics beforehand
    3) she does not understand the differences between a gay guy and a bi guy
    4) she HATES timxsteph fans
    5) she is a GOD-AWFUL writer

DC for the love of god, stop this madness, you are losing fans!!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomSmartA55 View Post

Fitzmartin just does not get what being bisexual is. I am bi myself, and the way she just throws any previous relationship under the bus, just proves:

I suspect she wants Tim to be gay, editorial said no, so she’s just passive aggressively writing him as gay as she
    can get away with.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I suspect she wants Tim to be gay, editorial said no, so she’s just passive aggressively writing him as gay as she
    can get away with.
    That explains why she is teasing Timkon in Dark Crisis YJ. Also if she is doing that then she is really going against her claim that his feelings for Steph were real and being a flake with regards to representing bi people.

As a bi person do you think you think the claim that Bernard brings out the "real Tim" and is more than what he's settled for falls into the whole bi people can only be truly themselves if they are with the same gender, and Tim's past relationships with women couldn't/didn't allow him to be his "true self" as a bi person or do you think he was talking about finally accepting that part of himself he'd buried and him talking about coming out and the postive stuff coming from it?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly the best idea is to think the Tim Drake that existed from 1990s to 2020 was changed due to the universal changes in multiverse.

This isn't that Tim Drake. Its a new universe Tim Drake. So there we go.

DC and writers can say it is but we know better.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

That explains why she is teasing Timkon in Dark Crisis YJ. Also if she is doing that then she is really going against her claim that his feelings for Steph were real and being a flake with regards to representing bi people.

As a bi person do you think you think the claim that Bernard brings out the "real Tim" and is more than what he's settled for falls into the whole bi people can only be truly themselves if they are with the same gender, and Tim's past relationships with women couldn't/didn't allow him to be his "true self" as a bi person or do you think he was talking about finally accepting that part of himself he'd buried and him talking about coming out and the postive stuff coming from it?
    It could be the later, about accepting a part of himself that he never realized, I went through that but after YEARS of denial, confusion, and uncertainty. It was filled with moments of wait, am I gay? nope Im straight! maybe Im bi? etc. Instead we just get "I like men now, and this guy is the bestest person ever!"

They are pushing SO hard that Bernard is the ONE for Tim. The one who brought out the real Tim. When in reality Bernard is about as interesting as a sack of cardboard, he's a conspiracy theorist, the last appearnce he had before Urban Legends he stood up a date because of the NSA, then sold Tim out to a supervillain, and to top it all off Bernard took an entire page talking about how hot Tim's stepmom was!

As for Stephanie, when first started dating Stephanie he had to keep part of his life hidden away from her. He had his reasons (namely keeping Bruce's secret) but among those reasons was Tim was uncertain Steph who like the "real him". He constantly had to lie and keep secrets from her which led to her believing he was cheating on her when he wasn't but how could she know. It eventually lead to Bruce "outing" Tim to Stephanie without Tim's permission and Tim freaks out. Steph is excited but Tim is freaking out, he felt betrayed. It eventually leads to Tim having it out with Bruce and he lets it slip that he is in love with Steph. To which she apologizes to him for getting into his personal matters, but he apologizes to her and tells he wanted to tell her for so long. Turns out that was for the better, because they could finally be a "real" couple when he doesn't have to hide from her anymore.

At least that's something I got from their relationship. A bi person is still bi whether they are in a homo or hetero relationship.

As for Conner, I never got that vibe from those two, I prefer them as bros and kinda want them to stay that way. however a lot of people ship them and I get where they were coming from, but I think some of it works better with them as friends. However I went to their first meeting, and the issue is title "Where have you been all my life?" When I saw that, I was like "okay....maybe there is something to address here" Im open to it, but I do not think it will be done well.
    Last edited by SomeRandomSmartA55; 09-24-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Mighty Member

It could be the later, about accepting a part of himself that he never realized, I went through that but after YEARS of denial, confusion, and uncertainty. It was filled with moments of wait, am I gay? nope Im straight! maybe Im bi? etc. Instead we just get "I like men now, and this guy is the bestest person ever!"

They are pushing SO hard that Bernard is the ONE for Tim. The one who brought out the real Tim. When in reality Bernard is about as interesting as a sack of cardboard, he's a conspiracy theorist, the last appearnce he had before Urban Legends he stood up a date because of the NSA, then sold Tim out to a supervillain, and to top it all off Bernard took an entire page talking about how hot Tim's stepmom was!

As for Stephanie, when first started dating Stephanie he had to keep part of his life hidden away from her. He had his reasons (namely keeping Bruce's secret) but among those reasons was Tim was uncertain Steph who like the "real him". He constantly had to lie and keep secrets from her which led to her believing he was cheating on her when he wasn't but how could she know. It eventually lead to Bruce "outing" Tim to Stephanie without Tim's permission and Tim freaks out. Steph is excited but Tim is freaking out, he felt betrayed. It eventually leads to Tim having it out with Bruce and he lets it slip that he is in love with Steph. To which she apologizes to him for getting into his personal matters, but he apologizes to her and tells he wanted to tell her for so long. Turns out that was for the better, because they could finally be a "real" couple when he doesn't have to hide from her anymore.

At least that's something I got from their relationship. A bi person is still bi whether they are in a homo or hetero relationship.

As for Conner, I never got that vibe from those two, I prefer them as bros and kinda want them to stay that way. however a lot of people ship them and I get where they were coming from, but I think some of it works better with them as friends. However I went to their first meeting, and the issue is title "Where have you been all my life?" When I saw that, I was like "okay....maybe there is something to address here" Im open to it, but I do not think it will be done well.

I think by "real Tim" they mean Bernard brings out bi Tim. But do you think that having him break up with his long term female love interest and then get paired with a male immediately and saying it brings out the real him and makes him whole/complete and shows him there is more than what he settled for implies bi people can only be complete if they are with the same gender?

I think by "real Tim" they mean Bernard brings out bi Tim. But do you think that having him break up with his long term female love interest and then get paired with a male immediately and saying it brings out the real him and makes him whole/complete and shows him there is more than what he settled for implies bi people can only be complete if they are with the same gender?
    It certainly gives off that vibe! I mean I always felt unwelcome under certain LGBT circles, cuz Im a bi guy, we're kinda the black sheep of the "community." The "settled" line, just infuriates me.

I take issue with Tim's sexuality being the reason for his and Steph's break up. We should have had them break up on panel and for a reason other than his sexuality. Then he can start exploring. That phase is so important, and it is damn interesting. But they way they did it, and the character they paired him up with, is just UGH.

I always ALWAYS wanted to see a story where a guy has to admit to a girl he likes that he is bi. I have come across so many bi guys who mention they are bi to girls they like and the usual reaction is "...Oh" Some are into it, and some lose interest. Compare that to a bi girl who tells a guy she's bi, and we all know where HIS mind is going. Being bi has so much more nuance than just dating around. There is so much potential here, and it's frustrating (to put it nicely) of how this is being butchered
    Last edited by SomeRandomSmartA55; 09-24-2022 at 09:36 PM.