Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Nice to see that Mera hasnt been forgotten...even if they ignored her largely during that fight. Hopefully she comes out on top.

Are all the Wonderfam turned? I would love it if they reveal that Lasso of truth slowly has been getting through to the core of who Diana is....she should be the one who helps them gain the win vs. the vampires but.....we know how that goes in every story.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Nice to see that Mera hasnt been forgotten...even if they ignored her largely during that fight. Hopefully she comes out on top.

Are all the Wonderfam turned? I would love it if they reveal that Lasso of truth slowly has been getting through to the core of who Diana is....she should be the one who helps them gain the win vs. the vampires but.....we know how that goes in every story.
    I mean if you think about the reveal Mera has been around for a few issues now.

As for the wonder family, the only person with wonder in their name is Jayna of the wonder twins.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Basically this is a nutshell, all the others go full evil vampire regardless of powers, genetics, divine blessings...i mean WW is blessed by the gods of Olympus but she has been full on kill, kill, kill. And where are the other Amazons in this? I mean Themyscira was protected by divine beings, several of them being connected to the Sun, so where the hell are they?
    Wonder Woman losing her blessings by the gods would at least explain why she is so weak as a vampire, but most of this story makes no sense anyway.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Wonder Woman losing her blessings by the gods would at least explain why she is so weak as a vampire, but most of this story makes no sense anyway.
    Since she's probably King Dick's most prominent big-gun, I'm assuming you mean 'weak' as in being unable to fight against the vampiric compulsion?

In which case, they'd probably go with the explanation that she was turned by Hal while locked into a corrupted circuit between her Lasso of truth and Undead Hal's entirely honest delight at being a vampire. The 'truth' of his certainty overwhelmed all of her defences and she was reborn with his absolute certainty of vampirekind's superiority running right through her, hence the obvious glee she exhibits every time she gets to stalk her prey.

And there's also the implication that the transition from living to Undead strips the victim of their natural morality, replacing it with a simple calculus of "What do I have to do to guarantee I can safely feed?". They still theoretically understand the mechanics of their old ethical structure of Right and Wrong, but it simply isn't something that they feel anymore. So when Nightwing was turned, you can see the moment he went from thinking "This is bad" to "Well, I'm an immortal vampire now, so the only logical thing for me to do under the circumstances is devise a brilliant plan to secure the future of my people and extend this wonderful gift to as many of my friends as possible, though obviously I'll kill anyone I have to to make this plan a reality."

As to why Damian is the only vampire who hasn't succumbed to the horror hunger and seems able to break others out of its grip, let's go with the idea that he's got Lazarus residue in his bloodstream which acts against the vampire infection in a similar but different way to Tamaranean blood, blocking the mental changes that turn even the most noble superheroes into bloodthirsty predators. Maybe that's why King Dick has started acting differently and, possibly, even self-sabotaging his own victory since he fed on Damian's blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    In which case, they'd probably go with the explanation that she was turned by Hal while locked into a corrupted circuit between her Lasso of truth and Undead Hal's entirely honest delight at being a vampire. The 'truth' of his certainty overwhelmed all of her defences and she was reborn with his absolute certainty of vampirekind's superiority running right through her, hence the obvious glee she exhibits every time she gets to stalk her prey.
    That's not how the Lasso works.
    EDIT: And even if it did, that therefore implies that Vampire Hal knew how to use the Lasso of Truth better than Wonder Woman herself, which is insulting in entirely different way. There's no way to spin how this comic turned Diana into a vampire that doesn't make her look like a jackass.
    If the writers really wanted Wonder Woman to be a vampire, they should've just had Hal and a bunch of others dog-pile her, rip the Lasso out of her hands, and turn her. Trying to be "clever" with the Lasso just pissed all over her and her mythos.

Also, we see later in this series vampires being wounded/repelled by holy water and crucifixes. So, they're operating under the logic that blessed and divine things harms thems.
    By this series' own logic, Vampire Hal should've been burned to a crunchy crisp the moment the Lasso touched him.

I guarantee you're putting way more thought into this story than the actual writers. Damien can resist because they wanted the "underdog" characters (and Supergirl) to be the only ones against the vampires. That's it. Just like how it's essentially the same characters (and Supergirl) who oppose evil Superman and eviler Wonder Woman in Injustice.

This is a dumb comic. It has been since issue two, it's only gotten worse since, and it's not going to suddenly stop being dumber than a box of rocks nine issues later.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 09-30-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    As to why Damian is the only vampire who hasn't succumbed to the horror hunger and seems able to break others out of its grip, let's go with the idea that he's got Lazarus residue in his bloodstream which acts against the vampire infection in a similar but different way to Tamaranean blood, blocking the mental changes that turn even the most noble superheroes into bloodthirsty predators. Maybe that's why King Dick has started acting differently and, possibly, even self-sabotaging his own victory since he fed on Damian's blood.
    That is as good theory.

Can anyone remind me if we know what the stuff that is in HQs blood is?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That is as good theory.

Can anyone remind me if we know what the stuff that is in HQs blood is?
    It’s the blood of Lex Luthor that Andrew Bennett got all the way back in issue 1 isn’t it?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It’s the blood of Lex Luthor that Andrew Bennett got all the way back in issue 1 isn’t it?
    While that reminds me how much of the start of the story I kind of forgot, yes it is Lex's blood, so do we know what Lex put in his blood?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    While that reminds me how much of the start of the story I kind of forgot, yes it is Lex's blood, so do we know what Lex put in his blood?
    That I don’t recall
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Fair point, essentially every vampire immediately turned evil aside from two heroes huh.
    No Damian turned kate back

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No Damian turned kate back
    I was counting Kate
    Words to live by.

Let's be honest here, what are the odds this thing will have a good ending? And when i say good ending i mean one that makes for the sheer stupidity this story has presented overall with the way they have handled its telling? Whether the heroes win or not, as this is a horror story after all, is a this point of little care for me so much as it the climax makes up for all the poorly written characters and events that have unfolded in it so far.