Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired

Comic books are stupid. Most of the super-heroes--including the Batman--break the rules of our universe on a daily basis. The answer is they don't live in our universe.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Comic books are stupid. Most of the super-heroes--including the Batman--break the rules of our universe on a daily basis. The answer is they don't live in our universe.
    It's not that they break the rules of our universe, but many of these characters -- especially Batman -- routinely break the rules of their own fictional universe.

Superman is no different. His powers and strength have been all over the place since the character was first created. No one should be surprised if he is shown lifting the universe with his pinky toe at this point. And only kids and/or individuals who are completely unfamiliar with Superman lore should really be in awe of any of his feats. And that goes quadruple for Batman.

For some of us, the lure of Superman is that we know at some point writers will have to explain why this fictional Earth still has the same problems or worse than we have in the real world, sans Supers. There is so much rich, comedic appeal in that. At least for me anyway.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin