Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvels Free Comics They used to giveaway?

Remember the old free comics you got at the dentist or gas station or comics you got in a box of cereal or pizza hut or video game or toy?

What did you think of these comics?

Here are a few--

Bubble gum comics!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hulk and spider-man got comics also. Can't remember if last is iron man or thor.

Quick bunny teams up with spider-man who oddly is not on the cover much.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Spidey and the nutcracker dance! Also, what's with the creepy joker nutcracker?

[IMG][/IMG]

I've got a couple of 1980s Doctor Who ones that came with Golden Wonder crisps. They were reprints of then-recent Sixth Doctor stories from Doctor Who Magazine (which was published by Marvel at the time - the magazine still exists now but was taken over by Panini in the 90s, when Panini bought Marvel UK).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I tried to get a friend who lived in Florida at the time to get me a copy of this. Sadly, she wasn't able to find one.

Hopefully this counts, but I remember a classmate brought this giveaway to school...

Looks like it counts.

Remember when cap saved the campbell soup kids?

[IMG][/IMG]

I always had a soft spot for this one as it was one of the first "Special edition" X-men comics I actually owned.

At first glance it looks like it was just a quick toy commercial for the X-men Action figures that came out at the time, but there are some odd choices of characters.

Gideon is the main badguy, which is an odd choice by itself, and he was assited by Deadpool, and Juggernaut all of which had action figures. (Although this is probabaly the first time Deadpool actually interacted with the X-men in a comic.)
    In addition there was Toad's version of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants including Phantazia and for some reason Karma from the New Mutants.

Astonishing Member

I have all 8 Taco Bell comics though I bought them instead of buying the meal. Also have the 9 JLA General Mills which I had to go through several cereal boxes to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I always had a soft spot for this one as it was one of the first "Special edition" X-men comics I actually owned.

At first glance it looks like it was just a quick toy commercial for the X-men Action figures that came out at the time, but there are some odd choices of characters.

Gideon is the main badguy, which is an odd choice by itself, and he was assited by Deadpool, and Juggernaut all of which had action figures. (Although this is probabaly the first time Deadpool actually interacted with the X-men in a comic.)
    In addition there was Toad's version of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants including Phantazia and for some reason Karma from the New Mutants.
    Gideon and Deadpool make sense... didn't they debut together? But Karma definitely should've been with the X-Men and not the bad guys.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Magneto master of zits!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 09-25-2022 at 02:03 PM.

Marvel gave away comics in cookie crisp also.

Some kid got that now high price spider-man issue for free!

[IMG][/IMG]

Am I alone in wanting to see more of these reprinted? There was a Spider-Man TPB a few years back that had Storm & Power Man and Power Pack issues reprinted. But I would absolutely pay good money for more of them. I'd also love a reprint that includes all of the Hostess ads. If it's just the Marvel ones it would probably fit in a slightly oversized issue.

Wonder how many kids wanted to keep the x-men pizza box?