Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should Mysterium based weapons be the new norm?

So as the title asks, should all weapons from Krakoan based mutants be made out of Mysterium? By weapons I'm including everything from Psylocke's katana to Wolverine and his family tree various claws/skeletons. To the bullets used by characters like Domino and Mystique.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So as the title asks, should all weapons from Krakoan based mutants be made out of Mysterium? By weapons I'm including everything from Psylocke's katana to Wolverine and his family tree various claws/skeletons. To the bullets used by characters like Domino and Mystique.

My answer would be no just to make sure the Mysterium doesn't get in the wrong hands. What I mean by that is let's just say Domino and X-Force raided some Orchis facility and Dom had to shoot some red shirt nobody. Job well done for sure except that bullet that will eventually get dug out the body of said red shirt has just provided Orchis with funding for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    My answer would be no just to make sure the Mysterium doesn't get in the wrong hands. What I mean by that is let's just say Domino and X-Force raided some Orchis facility and Dom had to shoot some red shirt nobody. Job well done for sure except that bullet that will eventually get dug out the body of said red shirt has just provided Orchis with funding for the next decade.
    Yeah I thought this could be a possibility. But at this point they already have the DNA of several mutants already.

I'm still waiting for the Orchis controlled clones of Jean, Scott, Mystique, and Monet to pop up down the line.

Jean and Scott being the standouts since I believe it's Canon that when their genes merge the outcome will always be omega level or very very near to it.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Considering that it just invites writers to create an increasing number of ways it's going to be negated or ineffective, i don't see the point.

Especialy since the marvel universe allready it's wonderous legacy materials, which will keep being used as big deal while Mysterium is rather overblown in it's origin, overhyped in it's application and brand new. In addition to that uphill battle it's also very dependant on the current status quo, which might not be around for long. So it has a high risk of being mostly forgotten and disregarded soon anyway.
    Mysterium isn't going to last judging by how things in these comics have worked over the past 20 years.

A steel sword with a special or popular origin will beat a generic mysterium sword any day, Adamantium is heavily tied to Wolverine and therefor part of the characters legacy and bullets made of unique materials are there to be a suprise ace up the sleeve which means the material needs to be rare and hard to obtain.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-24-2022 at 03:04 PM.

I don't know the properties of Mysterium, just that it comes from the WHR.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

F@%& yes! I’ve been saying this, but do think in Logan’s case that adamantium is too intrinsically tied to the character for a switch to mysterium to ever stick. However, for a character like Cable this would be an easy thing to do. Give his arm a mysterium upgrade. Hell, his daughter Hope used a mysterium bullet already to kill Selene. Can’t imagine why Nathan himself hasn’t thought of upgrading himself with this light, perfect conductor of a metal that has anti-magic properties.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I mean, since mysterium is the basis for the new intergalactic currency, I assume there's already a fair amount out there... but that does mean they wouldn't want to put too much out into the world, at risk of destabilizing the currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't know the properties of Mysterium, just that it comes from the WHR.
    The only really distinct property of the metal itself is that it disrupts magic.

Mysterium Web Shooters. Let's go.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Amazing Member

I don't think it should be used for everything all the time but it should be available to mutants when needed and I do like the idea of one member of the wolverine family getting Mysterium claws to counter magic to help make the wolverine family more distinct in a fight.

I'm definitely down for a Cable mysterium arm. And maybe Forge can use some for some of his weaponry.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

The only really distinct property of the metal itself is that it disrupts magic.
    Oh, thanks!

From others wanting to use it, is it indestructible? Mutable? Can it disappear until needed?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh, thanks!

From others wanting to use it, is it indestructible? Mutable? Can it disappear until needed?
    Indestructible? Just about. Mutable? It is malleable, if that counts. Camouflageable? Perhaps.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm definitely down for a Cable mysterium arm. And maybe Forge can use some for some of his weaponry.
    I could see Forge incorporating it into the Captain Krakoa Battle Armor. Can't be having some magic users messing with Artie & Leech.

I could see Forge incorporating it into the Captain Krakoa Battle Armor. Can't be having some magic users messing with Artie & Leech.
    I legit love this.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indestructible? Just about. Mutable? It is malleable, if that counts. Camouflageable? Perhaps.
    Ah, thank you so much my friend!

I was wondering why everyone wanted if for their favorite character if the only thing it did was to just counter magic.