Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    If Shatterstar is going to be spending more time in Otherworld it would make sense to give him swords forged with Mysterium to better combat magical creatures. The properties of the metal might also make it easier for him to use his rarely seen vibratory shockwave ability.
    This makes a ton of sense. And since his former leader/mentor is in X-men Red and on the SWORD space stations, where they mine and refine mysterium, how fitting would a scene be where Shatterstar opens a package (perhaps a FedEx from Planet Arakko) which contains these new mysterium blades and a note from Cable wishing him a happy birthday or something like that?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This makes a ton of sense. And since his former leader/mentor is in X-men Red and on the SWORD space stations, where they mine and refine mysterium, how fitting would a scene be where Shatterstar opens a package (perhaps a FedEx from Planet Arakko) which contains these new mysterium blades and a note from Cable wishing him a happy birthday or something like that?
    That would be dope.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Could be fun on a lot of levels… the Cable/Shatterstar connection, the tongue-in-cheek FedEx from Mars mention (remember that in Deadpool’s first appearance after the team took him down Cable FedEx’d him back to Tolliver), showing the cohesiveness between titles, etc.

Could be fun on a lot of levels… the Cable/Shatterstar connection, the tongue-in-cheek FedEx from Mars mention (remember that in Deadpool’s first appearance after the team took him down Cable FedEx’d him back to Tolliver), showing the cohesiveness between titles, etc.
    I like it a lot. It's those little nuggets that make the X-verse fun.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Has it been stated she is not coming back/unable to resurrect? My recollection is that Externals don't resurrect immediately when they are killed, but the always resurrect eventually unless all the other Externals but one are killed by another External. Like the Highlander... (dating myself as an 80s kid)
    Hm... I checked Immortal X-Men#2 and nothing of the like is said:

It just says Mysterium can kill Selene, but not anything about her resurrection, so yeah, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    I just wonder of all this harvesting of Mysterium won't have its own repercussions like over harvesting the metal might destabilize the WHR or something and lead to the universe or astral plane or whatever to crazy
    I get the feeling that'd just make humanity hate mutants even more lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    I don't think it should be used for everything all the time but it should be available to mutants when needed and I do like the idea of one member of the wolverine family getting Mysterium claws to counter magic to help make the wolverine family more distinct in a fight.
    Would make sense with Logan appearing in this Midnight Suns book for him to get a Mysterium coating put on his claws or something. Perhaps over the adamantium even so he’d have built in anti-magic properties in his claws now too.

BANNED

Would make sense with Logan appearing in this Midnight Suns book for him to get a Mysterium coating put on his claws or something. Perhaps over the adamantium even so he’d have built in anti-magic properties in his claws now too.
    Geeze talk about overkill. Isn't it enough the guy can't seem to be killed? Remember the time he regenerated from one drop of blood --> Adamantium and all?

Well, it wouldn't really do much except give him an anti-magic coating on his already indestructible claws. But it would help to rationalize his getting pulled into magic based stories like Midnight Suns and the current Ghost Rider run, which is going to happen anyway so might as well give him more of a story based reason to be there IMO.

Or not. After all, he still got pulled into such stories back when his claws were bone. So I suppose it doesn't matter much.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-27-2022 at 01:13 PM.

BANNED

Well, it wouldn't really do much except give him an anti-magic coating on his already indestructible claws. But it would help to rationalize his getting pulled into magic based stories like Midnight Suns and the current Ghost Rider run, which is going to happen anyway so might as well give him more of a story based reason to be there IMO.

Or not. After all, he still got pulled into such stories back when his claws were bone. So I suppose it doesn't matter much.
    All I know is Logan didn't need anti-magic to deal with the Hand.

Fair point.

Post Deleted.

Like the idea but forgot that mysterium is s new universal currency so its already out in the 616
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 09-27-2022 at 03:05 PM.