Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I don't remember if it was Hickman or White who mentioned in an interview that they had reached out to Carey about writing an X-book for the Krakoan era. What a wonderful addition he would be to the current roster of writers.
    Add Liu and you'd have a dream X-writers roster !
    I think Carey was rumored about the Moira X book but it was revealed recently it was Ewing who was contacted for that.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I think Carey was rumored about the Moira X book but it was revealed recently it was Ewing who was contacted for that.
    I'd love me some more Marjorie Liu X-books. She wrote my favourite X-23 after Kyle & Yost and probably the only Daken I ever found interesting. I don't think she has any interest in work for hire comics anymore though.

He had one of the more solid runs and I wish he was a writer in this Krakoa era.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

pretty friggin' high especially considering it wasn't even a flagship title.

what Carey did with Rogue, Sinister, and Xavier was beyond amazing.

the fact that his run is so unknown is a damned shame.

X men Legends Rogue Strike team please.

That would be sweet. I’d love to see X-men Legends revisit this team with Carey and Bachalo.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That would be sweet. I’d love to see X-men Legends revisit this team with Carey and Bachalo.
    Oh hell yeah! Bring me back to 2006, enough time has gone by for sure to set something in that 188-200 time period….one of my fave runs. Carey became one of my fave writers. Bachalo is already one of my top artists so yeah bring him back

To discuss the topic, the Carey run is great and I’m glad it is inspirational and influential to Hickman and the krakoa era bc I feel Carey’s run is slept on overall. I remember when Carey and Brubaker were announced to take over x men and uncanny and initially I was more excited for Brubaker bc I never heard much or read anything by Mike Careybut Bachalo and the team were solid for me. Carey’s interviews sold me before the issue came out and 188 hits like fire and got better thru messiah complex.

The run dips a bit for me when it switches to Legacy and focuses on Xavier. While still good it just got a bit boring compared to the team focus and build for the previous 2 years. His choice of characters and voices for them were solid and surprising to me as a reader since 91. I really liked some of the Rogue stuff after Original Sin, but not crazy about the Magneto pairing. He writes both well tho. I liked his miss sinister and gambit stuff and wish he did more, he explored some of the younger team, the dude with armor I think Indra was cool and great art with Clay Mann peaking with age of x. Wish he would come back for something. I was hoping he was doing the rumored Moira book a few years back as I thought he’d be perfect.
    Last edited by mbm721; 09-26-2022 at 09:27 AM.

All-New Member

Carey's run was the one that brought me to reading actual X-men comics as a young adult after watching the tv shows and playing the games and reading the history. His run is one of the reasons why I love the more obscure characters since he showed so much love for them. Would be amazing if he ever came back! I used to have his Supernovas TPB in my classroom for students to read, but then a student borrowed it and never gave it back and I was sad

Top 10 runs, part of my top 5, limited as it is.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

the issues leading up to Messiah Complex were pretty amazing, Mystique betraying the Xmen. Cannonball and Bobby working together. i give it a 9 out of ten

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    the issues leading up to Messiah Complex were pretty amazing, Mystique betraying the Xmen. Cannonball and Bobby working together. i give it a 9 out of ten
    OMG yes, I enjoyed Supernovas but the Blinded by the Light arc was just superb.

Loved his adjectiveless X-men run. His Legacy stuff was solid, but I didn’t care for it as much.

Carey's run is in my TOP 3 X-Men runs ever, along with CC's and Morrison's. It's just so amazing and well-thought and full of heart and respect for the characters. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Carey did reveal Hickman contacted him to write a Krakoa era book, but he's busy writing prose right now. But yeah, it wasn't the Moira book.

I liked his run. Age of X is a mini that I really enjoyed a lot and Supernova's was fun as well. I didn't love bachelo's art though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    OMG yes, I enjoyed Supernovas but the Blinded by the Light arc was just superb.
    I loved it all. Supernovas, the arc with the mummudrai on Cable’s island of New Providence — which was awesome and Cable was in a really cool place as a character then, doing cool **** — the arc with that creepy doctor who was stealing mutants’ powers, and then Blinded by the Light too. Loved the fight scene with Nathan versus Gambit and Sunfire.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”