Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    If anyone ever read his work on Ultimate Fantastic Four, the two arcs he did with Seed 19 and Thanos felt a lot like what I'd imagine his take on Krakoan era stuff might look like. Seed 19 and their war with Acheron felt like the kind of stuff that could easily be reimagined or repurposed in keeping with the Arakkii/X of Swords or the Life 6 or Life 9 stuff from Moira's previous timelines, etc, etc.
    Oh I have to check if it's on Unlimited thanks for the advice ! I had little interest in the Ultimates titles, especially the FF.

This is still one of my favourite runs. Rogue's strike force remains one of my favourite team rosters too - Iceman, Cannonball, Cable, Lady Mastermind, Mystique and Sabretooth. Such an interesting an eclectic line-up and Carey perfectly balanced the drama of the X-Men working alongside their enemies against the introduction of some fresh and interesting villains and challenges. I'm surprised it took so long for the Children of the Vault to return.

I've read some of his run, but it never really clicked for me. Maybe it's the lack of Storm. I definitely didn't see the appeal of AoX besides the great art from Mann. Maybe that's because they teased Ororo/Namor(a pairing I've always seen great potential in), but didn't explore it at all.... Certainly Storm would have sensed the atmosphere didn't extend beyond the wall or whatever. Meh, anyways. I'm sure this run has its fans, but I still rank Claremont #1, Morrison#2, and Hickman #3(he coulda been a contender for #2, but he fizzled out unfortunately), and the other writers are farrrr, far away(except for Ewing, but he needs a meatier run to really be in contention, but issue for issue, he's easily in that echelon, all the issues of SWORD and Red have been bangers!). Perhaps I need to read the full run, but I also am not quite understanding the appeal of the Children of the Vault, based primarily on their more recent use in Hickman and Duggan's runs.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mike Carey's run suffers from the frame work of the era he wrote in. He always felt second fiddle when he was likely the best writer during his X-run. I would love to see him and looser reigns and try Krakoa.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

He gets a lot of points for embracing continuity instead of treating it like an albatross like 99% of the x- writers and creators today.