Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

It's been forever since I read that series, but I will say it lost much of its punch as PAD left. I ever saw Engeland as an answer to Image artist, but I thought he was a good, dynamic penciller who disappeared from the biz way too soon. I don't see much similarity between his work and McFarlane's. It looked like Arthur Adams may have been his main influence.

I'm guess PAD was given some direction about making Aquaman a lot different than he was in the Silver Age -- and that may be why Mera was kept out of it for most of the run (a mistake, IMHO). I know he was planning on bringing her back when he was removed from the title. There were some eye rolling moments in his run -- probably a relection of that era, but all in all -- I thought it was a good run.

who was the mother of Arthur's eldest son? Where was she from, originally?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who was the mother of Arthur's eldest son? Where was she from, originally?
    Kako, an Inuit girl who, under PAD's pen, was his first love. She eventually was turned into a fire elemental named Corona. Johns probaby retconned her (and Koryak) out of continuity.
    He certainly was the one who tossed a bunch of Aquaman-related characters and concepts into Atlantis during Infinite Crisis, including Koryak, just so a mad host-less Spectre could grow to giant size and literally stomp Atlantis into pieces, killing all those characters and concepts off in one fell swoop.