Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Jack from big trouble in little china. wait that's the joke!

Darth maul in ep 1. Lucky the cartoons saved him from that but movie version was a joke.

Niece was watching hop. (not a good movie) but they hyped these girl ninjas up the full movie as don't mess with them. They got their butt kicked in seconds!

Robocop 3 version of robocop they talk about how powerful he is. He gets his butt kicked the whole movie!

Agree with bobba fett. Did cool things in the comics and droids cartoon but they are not canon anymore. Movie fett stood around looking cool than when he got in his first real fight is defeated by a blind man in a looney tunes gag than screams like a little girl!

Mando was the first canon live thing he did some cool stuff. Then his own show came out--

Fonz out powered mork in a powers duel in one episode. Was thought to be a dream till mork confirmed it was real.

Even mork was shocked how much fonz beat him.

Also cartoon version of fonz defeated knights, dinos and even Dracula himself!
    I have to disagree about Maul I mean he killed Qui-Gon.

Also, as for the books and comics with Boba Fett not being canon, they were never canon to the films. I'm going to use Star Trek as an example Star Trek has 2 fan sites Alpha and Beta memory Alpha is what's on screen and is official canon. Beta is that and books, comics, and games and the latter items only become official canon if they make to tv or film until then they're not official canon.

Disney didn't decanonize Legends it simply confirmed it wasn't official canon to the films something even Lucas agreed on given he always maintained the books and comics were a parallel universe to the films. He even hated Mara Jade because he felt Jedi namely Luke shouldn't be married.

Shinzon from Star Trek Nemesis is another one. He was kind of billed as the next Khan. Although to be honest that's happened a few times in other Trek movies, the villains outside of Khan, Chang, the Borg Queen and the two space probes have been pretty underwhelming.

Of course Tom Hardy got redeemed as an actor later on...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Sawyer from Lost. Every line of dialogue that came out of his character's mouth was embarrassingly bad. But Lost fans love him.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    She sure did. I believe with both Fred and Grady.

Fonzie was definitely all talk. Both Laverne and Shirley were more physical in a fight than he was.
    ^^^Nooooo Sir, he was not.
    Gaastra covered the Mork example.

Fonz was an ace mechanic, a gifted dancer, a skilled motorcycle rider and stock car driver, could affect electronics via physical force, had a degree of animal control (able to quiet a forest clearing with a “cool it”) the ability to pick up new skills almost immediately (most famously but not limited to, fencing and waterskiing, though he couldn’t master roller skating), wearing a motorcycle helmet, he rammed his head into a concrete wall and was KO’d but no concussion; he pulled a sink out of its foundations, he knocked two doors off their hinges w. open hand slaps, compared nerve holds w. a martial artist (using Ralph I think) as a practice dummy…as for fighting, bearing in mind the show runners would obv. want to keep violence to a minimum, he offscreen took out three gangsters one of which was Bull from Night Court, he and The Big Ragu from L&S took out a gang of thugs in like 2 move…I think he faced off w. The Devil once but that was more of a team effort if I’m remembering it right…there are other examples but I’d have to Google them.

The Fonz though, was not all talk!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-27-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Sawyer from Lost. Every line of dialogue that came out of his character's mouth was embarrassingly bad. But Lost fans love him.
    Are there still LOST fans? After that finale I sold my DVDS and don't care to ever rewatch it.
    It should lead a thread called: Shows with great build up that fizzled in the finale.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Are there still LOST fans? After that finale I sold my DVDS and don't care to ever rewatch it.
    It should lead a thread called: Shows with great build up that fizzled in the finale.
    I think Lost, HIMYM, Dexter (Original Series), Game of Thrones, and Enterprise had the 5 worst reactions to finales in the 21st Century. While a lot of people hated the Fade to Black the rest of the finale of the Sopranos doesn't seem to bother people so I left it off.

As an ENT fan I look at the horrible finale as Riker Fan Fiction lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think Lost, HIMYM, Dexter (Original Series), Game of Thrones, and Enterprise had the 5 worst reactions to finales in the 21st Century. While a lot of people hated the Fade to Black the rest of the finale of the Sopranos doesn't seem to bother people so I left it off.

A lot of fans hated the last episode of Seinfeld but I thought it was great. I agree with your list of the 5 worst reactions to a finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^I stopped watching after Mr. Eko was killed off.
    Now HE was badass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Yeah, that Enterprise series ender was bad.

Also Heroes, although I'm not sure if it was the finale that disappointed, or everything after the promising first season just kind of whimpering out...

Buffy. A massive build up, and it's ended by some bling imported from another show (Angel) entirely? Not cool.

Part of the problem with the Seinfeld finale is that when it first aired, it was right after a clip show already. Then the finale happens and a good chunk of it was clips explaining all the returning characters.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

There have been plenty of bad series finales, but HIMYM is the only one I can think of that was so bad it retroactively ruined the entire series that came before. (Personally I just consider the season 8 finale the end of the show.)

I have to disagree about Maul I mean he killed Qui-Gon.
    He was hyped up to be this big bad guy. Next vader. 10min fight and dead after one film. Worse he could have just moved to avoid his death and just stood there. Everyone made fun of it. They were letdown and maul was seen as a joke. Toylare made fun of him every month. "Wow you think he would have done more than just stand there" "Why did he just stand there?" He got cut in half almost every month in that book!

His toy went from selling out fast to $2 discount at stores.

Trust me he was a joke after the films release to most. It was the cartoons that saved him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He was hyped up to be this big bad guy. Next vader. 10min fight and dead after one film. Worse he could have just moved to avoid his death and just stood there. Everyone made fun of it. They were letdown and maul was seen as a joke. Toylare made fun of him every month. "Wow you think he would have done more than just stand there" "Why did he just stand there?" He got cut in half almost every month in that book!

His toy went from selling out fast to $2 discount at stores.

Trust me he was a joke after the films release to most. It was the cartoons that saved him.
    Star Wars fans have a history of thinking they have a badarse character, then that character gets punked...

Incredible Hulk.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Nooooo Sir, he was not.
    Gaastra covered the Mork example.

Fonz was an ace mechanic, a gifted dancer, a skilled motorcycle rider and stock car driver, could affect electronics via physical force, had a degree of animal control (able to quiet a forest clearing with a “cool it”) the ability to pick up new skills almost immediately (most famously but not limited to, fencing and waterskiing, though he couldn’t master roller skating), wearing a motorcycle helmet, he rammed his head into a concrete wall and was KO’d but no concussion; he pulled a sink out of its foundations, he knocked two doors off their hinges w. open hand slaps, compared nerve holds w. a martial artist (using Ralph I think) as a practice dummy…as for fighting, bearing in mind the show runners would obv. want to keep violence to a minimum, he offscreen took out three gangsters one of which was Bull from Night Court, he and The Big Ragu from L&S took out a gang of thugs in like 2 move…I think he faced off w. The Devil once but that was more of a team effort if I’m remembering it right…there are other examples but I’d have to Google them.

The Fonz though, was not all talk!
    As I recall there was also an episode where he bent the fingers of a gangster's prosthetic hand. I remember this exchange:

Claw: He broke my claw! Now what will they call me?

Fonz: Lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra
    Agree with bobba fett. Did cool things in the comics and droids cartoon but they are not canon anymore.
    Beg your pardon but so?

I don't watch/read anything from Disney Star Wars. To me the "real" Star Wars is and will always be the "Legends" EU. I honestly don't get why anyone bothers with the Disney stuff when Legends is so much better. Who cares what the suits claim is "canon?" It doesn't matter.

Also, why do people keep forgetting that Boba Fett had a short gunfight with Luke in TESB? Sure it wasn't much but he did fight the movie's hero briefly.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 09-29-2022 at 07:07 PM.