Incredible Member

Default What Evidence Is There That the MCU is Earth-199999?

So Dr. Strange 2 officially codified the MCU as 616, in reference to the mainstream comics being Earth-616, essentially stating that they exist in different multiverses.

People lost their minds, because apparently there has been some reference in the past to the idea that the MCU DOES exist in the same multiverse as the comics, and that in that multiverse, it is Earth-199999 (for simplicity's sake, I like to call this 1-quintuple-9, or 1Q9)

Simple question: Where has this been stated before? I assume it was in the comics, hence the placement of this thread.

EDIT: I just found out that the X-Men films are apparently supposed to take place on Earth 10005. Huh. Where is that mentioned? What other adaptations have gotten numbers, and where are those mentioned?
    Last edited by Slimybug; 09-27-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    So Dr. Strange 2 officially codified the MCU as 616, in reference to the mainstream comics being Earth-616, essentially stating that they exist in different multiverses.

People lost their minds, because apparently there has been some reference in the past to the idea that the MCU DOES exist in the same multiverse as the comics, and that in that multiverse, it is Earth-199999 (for simplicity's sake, I like to call this 1-quintuple-9, or 1Q9)

Simple question: Where has this been stated before? I assume it was in the comics, hence the placement of this thread.

EDIT: I just found out that the X-Men films are apparently supposed to take place on Earth 10005. Huh. Where is that mentioned?
    There is this:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-199999

It is non-canonical, but it's something.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Niffleheim

Ranking of the Prelude comicbook tie-ins of some of the mcu movies

https://www.cbr.com/beat-marvel-cine...relude-comics/
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-27-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Pretty sure it's a handbook-team thing.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Iman Vellani and Kevin Feige apparently jokingly have arguments over it, since Feige insists the official term is 616

It being 616 doesn't really work considering all the changes the MCU has made to characters and the universe.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There is this:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-199999

It is non-canonical, but it's something.
    It absolutely is canon. Non-canon reality numbers (where it's not been revealed by any canon source) have a TRN prefix (temporary reality number) on the wiki.

Also, the Spider-Verse animated movies have the main characters be from Earths 616, 1610 and 65, just like in the comics. So like the MCU, they'll also have different reality numbers in the comics multiverse (the wiki uses TRN700 for 1610, TRN701 for 616 and TRN702 for 65).
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Miles...(Earth-TRN700)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-28-2022 at 03:48 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

According to a friend of mine, the official primary source for the MCU being Earth-1Q9 is The Official Marvel Handbook Vol. 5 (2010)