Astonishing Member

Default Different Kids and Shazam

So the Wizard decides to choose some other young kid to give the Shazam powers. How does it turn out?

1. Bruce Wayne, the day after his parents are killed.
    2. 10 year old Hal Jordan
    3. 10 year old Kal-El. Wizard says you already will develop mighty powers, with these additions you can be even more of a world saving champion
    4. 10 year old Diana of Themyscira - same story
    5. Young Peter Parker (universe skip)

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    So the Wizard decides to choose some other young kid to give the Shazam powers. How does it turn out?

1. Bruce Wayne, the day after his parents are killed.
    2. 10 year old Hal Jordan
    3. 10 year old Kal-El. Wizard says you already will develop mighty powers, with these additions you can be even more of a world saving champion
    4. 10 year old Diana of Themyscira - same story
    5. Young Peter Parker (universe skip)
    1. Bruce would probably be very similar in fashion to Black Adam, instead of his child being taken it's his parents.
    2. Hal doesn't get the ring till he's in the military. Does he even join the military anymore? Let's say he does and the ring finds him after the alien ship crashes. The ring then becomes a utility devise more than the main function of his powers. Since he's already durable, strong and has laser eyes and cold breath, the ring would probably be more effective as a help with transporting others, building of suits, etc.
    3. Since Shazam was ACTUALLY first (lol) and Superman got the glory, it doesn't really change anything. Shazam is already a supped up Superman. i guess, he just get's the electrical/magical powers in addition to his strength, speed, etc that he's already got from our Sun.
    4. Diana would be like Superman. i would see her kind of like Thor actually. A super powered god(dess) with electrical/magical powers added on.
    5. Now, here's where some serious creativity comes in! You've got a boy who get's bit by a Radioactive Spider. While testing out his new powers in a cave, he runs into the Magician Shazam and is imbued with the powers of God's! This would be fun with him being a wirey, athletic, web shooting, electricity empowered, Super Hero! I love this the most!

throw out some other kids from DC and Marvel!
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    1. Bruce would probably be very similar in fashion to Black Adam, instead of his child being taken it's his parents.
    2. Hal doesn't get the ring till he's in the military. Does he even join the military anymore? Let's say he does and the ring finds him after the alien ship crashes. The ring then becomes a utility devise more than the main function of his powers. Since he's already durable, strong and has laser eyes and cold breath, the ring would probably be more effective as a help with transporting others, building of suits, etc.
    3. Since Shazam was ACTUALLY first (lol) and Superman got the glory, it doesn't really change anything. Shazam is already a supped up Superman. i guess, he just get's the electrical/magical powers in addition to his strength, speed, etc that he's already got from our Sun.
    4. Diana would be like Superman. i would see her kind of like Thor actually. A super powered god(dess) with electrical/magical powers added on.
    5. Now, here's where some serious creativity comes in! You've got a boy who get's bit by a Radioactive Spider. While testing out his new powers in a cave, he runs into the Magician Shazam and is imbued with the powers of God's! This would be fun with him being a wirey, athletic, web shooting, electricity empowered, Super Hero! I love this the most!

throw out some other kids from DC and Marvel!
    Superman would be scary. One of his biggest weakness was magic and you just gave him immunity. Being super-powered in a red sun would be another plus. It would be much trickier to put him in awkward situations. Lex Luthor would hate this change.

I wonder if Diana even takes the power. Getting power from the Greek Male Gods only seems against the whole scope of the Amazon culture. It might make her an outcast. The stories would definitely be different.

I think that giving it to Jason Todd, or Barbara Gordon would be interesting. (Let Batman deal with a superpowered teenager at the beginning of his career.) Donna Troy might be interesting (just to clean up her origin). Lex Luthor for the pure insanity of it.

When Diana says SHAZAM, she turns into Promethea.