Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Will we finally see Jackman in a comic-accurate costume ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ^^^I've been wanting it to happen since that one little cameo…:

Oh, and someone pointed out to me (tongue in cheek I’m sure), that the odds of an other-dimensional MCU appearance by the New Fantastic Four lineup of…
    …Jackman Wolvie, Bana Hulk, Tobey Spidey, and Cage Ghost Rider have favorably increased!

Reynolds/Jackman explanation:

Okay - so how soon before a legit lip-reader tells us what they're saying?
    (in case you don't want to watch, the one thing they make clear is that they're not touching "Logan" or trying to invalidate it)

Astonishing Member

Ever since this announced, I’ve always assumed this would just be a fun alt-universe thing that doesn’t invalidate Logan which is said to be a alternate universe thing anyway.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

So we've got are MCU wovrine?

why bother, unless they digitally shorten him by at least a foot he still won't be comic accurate =p

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So we've got are MCU wovrine?
    Most likely, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    why bother, unless they digitally shorten him by at least a foot he still won't be comic accurate =p
    As long as we get the cowl, I'm good .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Most likely, no.
    I’m not sure we’ll ever get a MCU proper Wolverine especially after this news.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

As long as we get the cowl, I'm good .
    The one they made for that cut scene would not look good if Jackman actually ran around with it on his head. I remember reading that Cockrum thought it'd be funny if he actually looked like his mask underneath his mask, which would be silly if audiences picked up on that. I remember being a kid and wondered if he tucked his pointy hair into those wings on his mask. I'm not saying a mask might not work, but just not that one. (imo)

CBR has that article about some fans trying to get him in his yellow outfit - I can't even imagine. A variation of Byrne's brown/orange is so much better. His future outfit from "Days of Future Past" wasn't bad though in a Deadpool movie it can get a bit more distinctive. (just not yellow please)

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’m not sure we’ll ever get a MCU proper Wolverine especially after this news.
    If they pull a bait and switch and use this to give us X-23 in the X-Men and no Wolverine I'm sitting the X-Men movies out.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

It'd be funny if all the multiverse stuff in Marvel an Marvel/Sony lately is actually all Wade's fault for misusing Cable's time travel device.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The one they made for that cut scene would not look good if Jackman actually ran around with it on his head. I remember reading that Cockrum thought it'd be funny if he actually looked like his mask underneath his mask, which would be silly if audiences picked up on that. I remember being a kid and wondered if he tucked his pointy hair into those wings on his mask. I'm not saying a mask might not work, but just not that one. (imo)

CBR has that article about some fans trying to get him in his yellow outfit - I can't even imagine. A variation of Byrne's brown/orange is so much better. His future outfit from "Days of Future Past" wasn't bad though in a Deadpool movie it can get a bit more distinctive. (just not yellow please)
    I mean, this is their last shot with Jackman, probably, so I would say just put him in as comic-accurate a suit as they can and given this is involving the MCU, they probably will.

I think they bum-rushed that suit for the credit scene and didn't actually design it as something Jackman would actually wear, so I'm assuming that won't be the case this time.

Retired

I guess Hugh Jackman's fame is enough to justify not having a short Canadian play a short Canadian. But I hope whoever next takes the role of Wolverine will be a short Canadian. Too bad Tatiana Maslany already has another role in the Marvel Universe.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    If they pull a bait and switch and use this to give us X-23 in the X-Men and no Wolverine I'm sitting the X-Men movies out.
    The X-men would be better off without Wolverine in the first movie at least.