Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So we've got are MCU wovrine?
    It's probably an attempt to replicate No Way Home in some form. Or try to do what they did with Patrick Stewart's Xavier in Multiverse Of Madness but more carefull this time.
    Sadly, we are not going to have an X-Men movie just yet, unless they are planning something for the recently announced Phase 6 roster (which we do not know nothing apart these two Avengers movies) and they wait the right moment to announce it.

Shaw levy with Hugh and Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The X-men would be better off without Wolverine in the first movie at least.
    I disagree. But I wouldn't want him to take over. Let him be what he started out as: just part of the team - and let him be the crazy wildcard who doesn't play well with others who might screw things up because of his rage issues.

And yes, I'd love if he were short and hairy and not traditionally attractive.

But oh yeah - Deadpool 3.... Nice that they could do the whole "3rd movie, three claws" thing for the marketing. It was meant to be... Honestly, even if the movie is bad, just think of all the Ryan/Hugh press and interviews we'll get out of it. (I think Blake should be worried - she knows how love can blossom onset...)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-29-2022 at 07:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

Holy ****!

But yeah, on some level, this was borderline inevitable. Once they got Patrick Stewart back (not to mention Tobey and Andrew before that for NWH) I figured Hugh Jackman was only a matter of time.

And it does bring things full circle. Ryan Reynolds made his debut as Deadpool (kinda?) in the first Hugh Jackman solo Wolverine movie, so its only fitting that Hugh potentially makes his last appearance as Wolverine in a Ryan Reynolds Deadpool film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will we finally see Jackman in a comic-accurate costume ?
    Its now or never.

I think at this point its about the only thing left for Jackman to do with the character. He's done Wolverine with X-men, Wolverine without X-men, the origin, the ending...everything except putting him in that damn suit!

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Ever since this announced, I’ve always assumed this would just be a fun alt-universe thing that doesn’t invalidate Logan which is said to be a alternate universe thing anyway.
    Yeah, no point even talking about continuity here. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine transcends continuity (as does Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool).

Its not as though Reynold's Deadpool was really set in the same universe as the Fox X-men films either. Its was always its own thing (as was Logan).

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’m not sure we’ll ever get a MCU proper Wolverine especially after this news.
    Yeah...I think that is a legitimate fear to have in light of Kevin Feige's comments last year about not recasting Green Goblin in the MCU because Dafoe nailed the character.

But a key difference is that you can have a Spider-Man franchise without Norman Osborn showing up. Theoretically you could have an X-men franchise without Logan showing but its unlikely to ever actually happen!

Anyway, there was a report a short while back that they were considering a recast for Tony Stark (albeit an alt-universe version), so if they're going there, then recasting Logan shouldn't be as much of an issue.

Yeah, I think we will get a recognizable X-Men team (with Wolverine on the roster) but that's probably a long ways out.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I disagree. But I wouldn't want him to take over. Let him be what he started out as: just part of the team - and let him be the crazy wildcard who doesn't play well with others who might screw things up because of his rage issues.

And yes, I'd love if he were short and hairy and not traditionally attractive.

But oh yeah - Deadpool 3.... Nice that they could do the whole "3rd movie, three claws" thing for the marketing. It was meant to be... Honestly, even if the movie is bad, just think of all the Ryan/Hugh press and interviews we'll get out of it. (I think Blake should be worried - she knows how love can blossom onset...)
    If Wolverine is on the first team, then all the attention will inevitably turn towards him, all the comparisons,etc, as the most marketable character. You need to have the X-Men develop as characters without the big attention hog that is Logan. Without him around, they'll have a movie to develop a dynamic and personalities and have the audience see more of them.

And that without even considering that the only way a X-men team really works in this MCU is if they are just being formed, with teenagers who just got their powers or don't have them for too long. In that case, a 200 year old Logan just looks like a creep or a pervert, just like the Ultimate version. The X-men need to gain experience to be his equals.

If Wolverine is on the first team, then all the attention will inevitably turn towards him, all the comparisons,etc, as the most marketable character. You need to have the X-Men develop as characters without the big attention hog that is Logan. Without him around, they'll have a movie to develop a dynamic and personalities and have the audience see more of them.

And that without even considering that the only way a X-men team really works in this MCU is if they are just being formed, with teenagers who just got their powers or don't have them for too long. In that case, a 200 year old Logan just looks like a creep or a pervert, just like the Ultimate version. The X-men need to gain experience to be his equals.
    That all makes sense. I don't think the first MCU X-Men needs to have Logan for all the reasons you mentioned, I would just like it. And without a new Wolverine to get people excited, I hope they find a way to make some of the others break out. (especially if they're characters people have seen a bunch of times already)

And since this is a Deadpool thread, I would love to see Negasonic Teenage Warhead.(although how much longer can the actress get away with playing a "teenager?" (or maybe that can be part of the joke...)) I'm not such a purist that I need them to start with the original 5 from the comics.(should Deadpool be on the team??)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-29-2022 at 03:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That all makes sense. I don't think the first MCU X-Men needs to have Logan for all the reasons you mentioned, I would just like it. And without a new Wolverine to get people excited, I hope they find a way to make some of the others break out. (especially if they're characters people have seen a bunch of times already)

And since this is a Deadpool thread, I would love to see Negasonic Teenage Warhead.(although how much longer can the actress get away with playing a "teenager?" (or maybe that can be part of the joke...)) I'm not such a purist that I need them to start with the original 5 from the comics.(should Deadpool be on the team??)
    If the MCU can make big hits out of Ant-man, a talking raccoon and a walking three that can only say 3 words, they can make a big hit out of an X-men film without Wolverine or Magneto.

Astonishing Member

If the MCU can make big hits out of Ant-man, a talking raccoon and a walking three that can only say 3 words, they can make a big hit out of an X-men film without Wolverine or Magneto.
    Pretty much.

And its not like we haven't had X-men films without Wolverine. First Class, Apocalypse and Dark Pheonix didn't have Wolverine (okay, FC and Apocalypse had him cameo, but he didn't play a substantial role and wasn't part of the team). First Class at least was widely well-received and Apocalypse too has its fans. And whatever issues DP had are not down to the absence of Wolverine.

I'm pretty sure the MCU can do wonders with the X-men sans Wolverine - though of course, eventually, they need to have Logan show up in a sequel or something.

BANNED

However, the MCU failed to make a cinematic hit with characters created by the legendary Jack Kirby.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Pretty much.

And its not like we haven't had X-men films without Wolverine. First Class, Apocalypse and Dark Pheonix didn't have Wolverine (okay, FC and Apocalypse had him cameo, but he didn't play a substantial role and wasn't part of the team). First Class at least was widely well-received and Apocalypse too has its fans. And whatever issues DP had are not down to the absence of Wolverine.

I'm pretty sure the MCU can do wonders with the X-men sans Wolverine - though of course, eventually, they need to have Logan show up in a sequel or something.
    I think getting Cyclops, Storm, and a lot of the other classic X-Men right should be the main priority for the MCU X-Men.

I want Deadpool 4 to be "Deadpool: The First X-Man" (just to mess with people)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think getting Cyclops, Storm, and a lot of the other classic X-Men right should be the main priority for the MCU X-Men.
    Who's version of right should they use?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Who's version of right should they use?
    Chris Claremont

‘Nuff said

BANNED

No one is surprised that Jackman is coming back. No one even has the energy to throw a fist because they thought Logan was a good send off to the character. MCU has reached a point where they cant stair up any kind of emotion anymore with their movies. positive or negative emotions. it is just what it is . keep rinsing and repeating a formula since they don't care about making a film to its own authentic self.

Would it ruin, Logan that Jackman is back? No. Would it however just show MCU is out of ideas and there is nothing to really be excited about their x-men films. yes.

Fox got a lot of flack for overusing Wolverine, Xavier but MCU can't stay away from them either. Magneto actors (Fassbender and Mckellen) would be the next guys they will try and chase to show up in the MCU