Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Kinda sounds like this video hating this movie for its nostalgia problem.
    Serious "Picture of She Hulk with CATASTROPHE written in block capitals" vibes to that youtuber.

This is such a hyperbolic video hahaha.

There seems to be a weird paradox where people want Marvel to give their directors/creatives more freedom, but then at the same time they want them to reign in certain aspects to what they think is acceptable - Reynolds et al have wanted to do this since before the merger, so let them tell the story they want to tell haha.

I’m not completely sold on it, but to complain it’s an affront to media and entertainment and cinema is absolutely dramatic

Ultimate Member

I've generally noticed a lot more negative coverage of entertainment news than ever before. Even when it doesn't make sense.

I think more and more people are appealing to rage watching and gaming the algorithm than properly analysing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think Feige's Director friendly I mean look at the Russo Bros (4 films), Taika Waititi (2), James Gunn (3), Ryan Coogler (2), Peyton Reed (3), Joss Whedon (2), Jon Favreau (2) and when you look at the films.

Avengers and Age of Ultron have Whedon's distant writing and while not an amazing visual style you can pick up Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame were directed by the same person/persons by the scene transitions. Then you have films like First Avenger that's so much a Joe Johnston film it could be canon with Rocketeer and given Disney made Rocketeer it is in my head canon lol. Also, the same for Iron Man 3 and Shane Black down to adding the Christmas Theme. If you've seen The Evil Dead films, Darkman, Drag Me to Hell, or the original Spidey Trilogy there is no mistaking that Into the Multiverse of Madness was a Sam Raimi film. Last you have Taika and Gunn who it's no doubt that their MCU films are their movies. Speaking of Gunn you have the situation with him where it came out after Alan Horn dismissed him Feige worked to get him back believing no one else could do GOTG Vol. 3.

So yeah, I think Feige is Director friendly and will allow them to stylize the films to their taste it's just you have to be willing to work in the Marvel system which means remembering these films are part of a larger plan and you have to be willing to always put that first something some directors would have an issue with.
    Yep. I don't think Hawke meant that Marvel Studios can't get along with directors. But I think he meant actors get more favors than directors.

Also, notice that a lot of the directors who made more than one project are tv guys. Whedon and the Russo Bros were mostly known for tv. Taika alternates between tv and movies. Same with Gunn. Raimi was also doing more tv stuff prior to his last film and signing up for MoM. The main exception so far are Coogler and Favreau. Not a knock, but I think those directors with tv experience have a better understanding of working within an established universe. The Russo Bros understood they were directing the season finale of MCU season with IW and EG and it shows.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Hope we get a comics-accurate costume for Wolverine.

Great news, though I wonder if this will take place in the main MCU, or if they will consider this an alternate reality to free up casting a new Wolverine in a new X-Men movie.

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is very iconic and will be fresh in the public's mind with Deadpool 3, and possibly the upcoming Avenger movies (Hugh said he wanted to be in an Avenger movie, iirc). Any new actor is just going to live in Hugh Jackman's shadow if a recast happens soon. I don't think Kevin Feige wants that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Hopefully the movie is Deadpool Killing X-Men Universe then teleporting to the MCU.
    That would just make audiences dislike Wade and ruin his character development. Plus, he can't stay in the 616 MCU for long without causing an incursion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There is a rumor that this is all a massive practical joke.
    Is this really a rumor or just speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    It's probably an attempt to replicate No Way Home in some form. Or try to do what they did with Patrick Stewart's Xavier in Multiverse Of Madness but more carefull this time.
    Sadly, we are not going to have an X-Men movie just yet, unless they are planning something for the recently announced Phase 6 roster (which we do not know nothing apart these two Avengers movies) and they wait the right moment to announce it.
    Justin Kroll from Deadline suggested that movie isn't happening for a very long time.

Source: https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status...93389440487424

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    Feige is making himself look bad, exposing some of the pitfalls of marvel it amazes me no one has picked it up on how problematic it is when he says some characters cannot be replaced.

James Bond was replaced after Sean Connery with many other actors who are also considered among the best Bond. Another actor has played Joker after Heath Ledger and Jack Nicolson to strong acclaim. We have had 3 live action Spiderman. How many actors have played Batman now? we had a new one this year (Robert Pat)in a span of 5 years to the old one (Ben Affleck) who still feels like the new Batman to (Christian Bale) who only retired the role about 10 years ago.

As long as there are diverse storylines you can replace actors to carry on playing characters. Bringing Fox actors back is showing Feige is on his last legs with the franchise.

Watching Top Gun Maverick it has only done on me how terrific the film is, if we can get those kind of movies every year for the summer, MCU movies will no longer matter and no amount of fox or sony actors can change that.
    Didn't the older James Bond films have a sliding time-scale and all the Bond actors were playing the version of Bond before the series got rebooted with Daniel Craig?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

-Fiege is not against recasting roles. Back in 2013 during the comic con for IM3 he said they would 'James Bond' the role if RD Jr ever left. Later during the great Sony leaks, there was leaked email between Fiege and Alan Horn regarding Amazing Spider-Man and Horn asked Fiege if he would reboot IM in a similar situation and Fiege response was that he wouldn't reboot and retell the same origin story, he would just recast and keep it moving.

When RDJ did leave the role of Tony Stark and he wasn't recast. His character was instead killed off in Avengers: Endgame and is getting replaced by a legacy character (Iron Heart). It seems like Feige's view on the subject has changed over the years.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 10-05-2022 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post

When RDJ did leave the role of Tony Stark and he wasn't recast. His character was instead killed off in Avengers: Endgame and is getting replaced by a legacy character (Iron Heart). It seems like Feige's view on the subject has changed over the years.
    But Tony Stark is not getting recast. Just someone wearing Armor, as we have seen, can be just about anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    But Tony Stark is not getting recast. Just someone wearing Armor, as we have seen, can be just about anyone.
    Yes, that's Agent's point. You're saying the same thing.

Might be a silly question, but will this movie be in the MCU or not really?

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Might be a silly question, but will this movie be in the MCU or not really?
    I imagine they are, but we'll have to watch the movie to really know for sure.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I imagine it will involve them going to the MCU somehow, but not start there.

This will apparently start filming in January 2023.

https://www.productionweekly.com/

It's more slapstick violent (like Evil Dead) than gritty though, isn't it, Shawn Levy?

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

I need Deadpool 3. Those first two are such well done takes on the character, good stuff. I'm cool with the Wolverine buddy angle, but hopefully the focus is still at least 60% on Deadpool, if not 70%. The guy's only got 2 movies for himself so far.

While I guess Brolin is a little bit of a lower draw, for me a cranky buddy movie with Cable is more unique. But used just right, Wolverine could make a nice spice in the sauce. And we need more Domino and Colossus of course.
    Last edited by SavageJudgeDredd; 01-02-2023 at 01:19 AM.