Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Maybe it's the way the trailer is edited or I'm just not the target audience. It looks tacky and boring? Some parts made me chuckle I guess. There was a time in my life where something like this would have me excited but I mostly feel nothing. At the very least, seeing Wolverine on the big screen again should be pretty cool, but it seems like every Wolverine movie since The Wolverine has to show Logan as this reluctant hero tormented by past trauma and I'm longing for more of Wolverine hanging out with other mutant friends and not being a complete brooding *******. It worked for Logan, but now it's getting tired.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Leifeld "Only Feet"! LMAO! Cannot wait for this movie.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Also noticed Azazel and Lady Deathstrike, are they played by their original actors?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll be there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Maybe it's the way the trailer is edited or I'm just not the target audience. It looks tacky and boring? Some parts made me chuckle I guess. There was a time in my life where something like this would have me excited but I mostly feel nothing. At the very least, seeing Wolverine on the big screen again should be pretty cool, but it seems like every Wolverine movie since The Wolverine has to show Logan as this reluctant hero tormented by past trauma and I'm longing for more of Wolverine hanging out with other mutant friends and not being a complete brooding *******. It worked for Logan, but now it's getting tired.
    I feel the same way. This looks like more of the same. Actually it mixes the worst tendencies of the FoX-men (“You were THE X-men”) with the tired Multiverse plot.
    I was really hyped because I thought things would feel more fresh, but the best thing about the whole trailer is Wolverine’s yellow costume. At least that’s one thing we haven’t seen in previous movies.
    And young Cassandra Nova looks way off. What a weird decision.

Astonishing Member

Ok so some of the tone criticism seems weird. If you didn't want a brooding "defeated" Wolverine then you did not want a Hugh Jackman return. You wanted a complete recast which is fair. But, we knew this from the very beginning of bringing this Wolverine back they were likely going this route.

Where he is plucked from the timeline or multiverse the tone makes complete sense. He isn't going to be just chilling with all the other Mutants unless he lands in a new timeline/multiverse where they actually exist.

I also hope the MCU Xmen don't end up relying to heavily on Foxmen crossovers and recast and tell fresher stories closer to the actual feel of Xmen family dynamics from the comics.

All that said what we are actually getting here as far as deadpool film. I am interested after the trailer. I wasn't really seeing anything I needed to rush to the theatres for the rest of the year honestly. But I would go see this. They put in enough to quell the "Disneyfied" R rating sceptics. I mean there doesnt seem to be a step down or censoring of violence, blood, language here from the previous 2 Deadpools.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I feel the same way. This looks like more of the same. Actually it mixes the worst tendencies of the FoX-men (“You were THE X-men”) with the tired Multiverse plot.
    I was really hyped because I thought things would feel more fresh, but the best thing about the whole trailer is Wolverine’s yellow costume. At least that’s one thing we haven’t seen in previous movies.
    Wolverine being the mascot of the X-men kind of goes back at least to the mid 80s IMO.

BTW the Giant Man corpse? seems to be a nod to "Pym falls" in OLD MAN LOGAN, looks like some of the post-apocalyptic elements that were toned down for LOGAN might make their way into this.

Wonder if they'll be a joke about how QUANTUMANIA was a disappointment in there.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-22-2024 at 08:15 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

I feel like the film has two main pathways it could take:

- The more boring but still probably fun option is "Ryan and Hugh in a Greatest Hits of the Foxverse using the MCU multiverse concept that mostly just sets up the Battleworld concept for the MCU." A solid idea, but a much more modest and creatively conservative idea where just beating Cassandra Nova is the main conflict, Wolverine getting his groove back is his last act with Jackman as his actor, and Reynolds gets to make sarcastic jokes and his Deadpool saves his particular world. This would imply most of what we're going to see is in the trailer.

- The more ambitious but risky option is "This film will introduce the MCU-verse version of the X-Men, who will get a passing of the torch moment from Jackman's Wolverine, who gets his groove back by getting them to step up and defend their world instead of following in his footsteps and failing it, while Deadpool maybe ends up having to sacrifice his ties to his world and become an immigrant to the MCU." This would come with the caveat that the trailer only mildly hints at this possibility, with Wolverine and Deadpool jumping through the portal to the MCU at the end.

they're probably setting up something like this haunted, depressed Wolverine variant being introduced to the MCU X-Men in the third act to help set-up
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This is the weirdest complaint to have about a movie called "Deadpool and Wolverine" where one of the main draws is the fact it features Hugh Jackman returning to the role.

Like yeah of course they're hyping him up like this, if this were an X-Men movie with the full team it'd be different but it's not, it's a Wolverine and he's one of the protagonists.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Wolverine being a brooding loner tormented by his past is like his whole deal, this is like complaining about Spider-Man quipping and slinging webs.
    Especially when they're putting him in a duo with Deadpool, the dynamic between them just doesn't work if Wolverine is all happy and fun.
    Last edited by PhantomBoom; 04-22-2024 at 08:48 AM.

BTW the Giant Man corpse? seems to be a nod to "Pym falls" in OLD MAN LOGAN, looks like some of the post-apocalyptic elements that were toned down for LOGAN might make their way into this.
    It looks like void and we saw ant mans giant helmet there in loki so it's some alt version.

Dr Strange Portal?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    Leifeld "Only Feet"! LMAO! Cannot wait for this movie.
    That killed me...

I look forward to this movie.

Man have we come full circle, we went from a yellow spandex joke 24 years ago to a full on comics accurate sleeveless yellow costume, and it look really good to top things off

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Man have we come full circle, we went from a yellow spandex joke 24 years ago to a full on comics accurate sleeveless yellow costume, and it look really good to top things off
    Took only 20 years lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Looks Great love the costume. Also, Liefeld's just feet lol.
    Of course he recruits Wolverine in a bar .

Sleeveless Wolverine!

Of course we had got a Wolverine vs Deadpool fight.

Cassandra Nova seems to be having fun.

Ant-Man helmet cave.

I wonder when the cowl shows up.