Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    MCU has reached a point where they cant stair up any kind of emotion anymore with their movies. positive or negative emotions.
    You don’t have to go any further than this thread to see that statement is untrue.

Would it ruin, Logan that Jackman is back? No. Would it however just show MCU is out of ideas and there is nothing to really be excited about their x-men films. yes.
    No - not at all. That's waaaaay overreacting. Deadpool is not the X-Men films. Jackman as Wolverine in Deadpool 3 is not the X-Men films. (we can take it with a grain of salt, but there's a reason Reynolds specifically asked Jackman to come back "one more time.") We're a long way off from seeing what the MCU X-Men are going to be.

Retired

I expect DEADPOOL 3 to be a French exit. If Ryan Reynolds comes back after that, it will be a different Deadpool (albeit one that is self-aware), because it will be a different universe with a different X-Men line-up and origin story.

What are they going to do about the language? Doesn't Mr. Disney's corpse turn over every time someone says a curse word in one of his movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I expect DEADPOOL 3 to be a French exit. If Ryan Reynolds comes back after that, it will be a different Deadpool (albeit one that is self-aware), because it will be a different universe with a different X-Men line-up and origin story.

What are they going to do about the language? Doesn't Mr. Disney's corpse turn over every time someone says a curse word in one of his movies?
    They already have the 1st 2 films on DisneyPlus and while Disney Studios itself doesn't do R rated films Disney as a corporation have made R rated movies under Touchstone, Miramax, and Dimension films.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Perhaps you'd be surprised by that information, but Walt Disney really liked to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Perhaps you'd be surprised by that information, but Walt Disney really liked to make money.
    News to me. Anti Woke youtubers told me tgey like to piss away money for " woke agenda". /s

Astonishing Member

Bringing Jackman back makes sense when you consider that Feige called Green Goblin and Doc Ock irrecastable. I mean, if the Sony Spider-Man versions are irrecastable (whi are nowhere near as definitive as Fox's X-Men castings), it makes sense MCU bring the Fox actors back too.

Worst case, I think "MCU is better than non-MCU by default" is going to go away the more of these old casts they bring back. Since all the Sony Spider-Man and Fox X-Men films will now be retroactively connected to MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    However, the MCU failed to make a cinematic hit with characters created by the legendary Jack Kirby.
    Let’s be fair - the Eternals we’re certainly not one of Kirby’s best creations, and they have very little to adapt from comics wise. X-Men are a lot more diverse in characters and storylines to adapt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Bringing Jackman back makes sense when you consider that Feige called Green Goblin and Doc Ock irrecastable. I mean, if the Sony Spider-Man versions are irrecastable (whi are nowhere near as definitive as Fox's X-Men castings), it makes sense MCU bring the Fox actors back too.

Worst case, I think "MCU is better than non-MCU by default" is going to go away the more of these old casts they bring back. Since all the Sony Spider-Man and Fox X-Men films will now be retroactively connected to MCU.
    Feige is making himself look bad, exposing some of the pitfalls of marvel it amazes me no one has picked it up on how problematic it is when he says some characters cannot be replaced.

James Bond was replaced after Sean Connery with many other actors who are also considered among the best Bond. Another actor has played Joker after Heath Ledger and Jack Nicolson to strong acclaim. We have had 3 live action Spiderman. How many actors have played Batman now? we had a new one this year (Robert Pat)in a span of 5 years to the old one (Ben Affleck) who still feels like the new Batman to (Christian Bale) who only retired the role about 10 years ago.

As long as there are diverse storylines you can replace actors to carry on playing characters. Bringing Fox actors back is showing Feige is on his last legs with the franchise.

Watching Top Gun Maverick it has only done on me how terrific the film is, if we can get those kind of movies every year for the summer, MCU movies will no longer matter and no amount of fox or sony actors can change that.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

As long as there are diverse storylines you can replace actors to carry on playing characters. Bringing Fox actors back is showing Feige is on his last legs with the franchise.
    My idea is that it's looking increasingly likely Feige simply has no idea what to do with the X-men and is delaying as much as possible because of that. If they had a clue, we would have had an announcement already of screenwriters, some actors cast, etc.

The Disney-Fox merger happened in 2019.

Every project we've gotten last year and this year has been in the works since 2017 at least and every project coming out this year was shot almost entirely during COVID.

Marvel has been slowly creeping mutants in to their universe with Ms Marvel and Namor. Patrick Stewart in MoM was a last minute fan service addition in a movie that was re written from scratch after the original director walked and during COVID lockdown delays.

Jackman returning as Wolverine and Deadpool being in the MCU is more Multiverse fan service just like NWH did with the Spider-men. So no, I disagree with the notion that Fiege has no idea what to do with the X-Men. They are just slowing burning their way just like they did during the Infinity Saga.

Right now Fiege is probably more focused on making sure Fantastic Four and Doom is done right this time. X-Men isn't going to be a thing until at least 2026 or 2027. I wasn't even expecting them during SDCC but some folks got their hopes up for X-men and came out disappointed.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Disney-Fox merger happened in 2019.

Every project we've gotten last year and this year has been in the works since 2017 at least and every project coming out this year was shot almost entirely during COVID.

Marvel has been slowly creeping mutants in to their universe with Ms Marvel and Namor. Patrick Stewart in MoM was a last minute fan service addition in a movie that was re written from scratch after the original director walked and during COVID lockdown delays.

Jackman returning as Wolverine and Deadpool being in the MCU is more Multiverse fan service just like NWH did with the Spider-men. So no, I disagree with the notion that Fiege has no idea what to do with the X-Men. They are just slowing burning their way just like they did during the Infinity Saga.

Right now Fiege is probably more focused on making sure Fantastic Four and Doom is done right this time. X-Men isn't going to be a thing until at least 2026 or 2027. I wasn't even expecting them during SDCC but some folks got their hopes up for X-men and came out disappointed.
    HEY! My Alternate reality and Internet rumors mean more than your facts! Stop trying to downplay my "righteous" outrage! RAWR!

Also a few more notes:

-Ethan Hawk said that Marvel is more actor friendly and not director friendly. That certainly tracks because we've had directors walk out of projects but most actors keep coming back and keep signing up for projects. Gemma Chan, Michelle Yeoh and Mahershala Ali have all played more than one role in the MCU.

-Fiege is not against recasting roles. Back in 2013 during the comic con for IM3 he said they would 'James Bond' the role if RD Jr ever left. Later during the great Sony leaks, there was leaked email between Fiege and Alan Horn regarding Amazing Spider-Man and Horn asked Fiege if he would reboot IM in a similar situation and Fiege response was that he wouldn't reboot and retell the same origin story, he would just recast and keep it moving.

Do you really think he is going to go on a press tour for NWH and be like 'oh yeah, I wanted Rainn Wilson to play Dock Ock but I had to settle for bringing back Alfred Molina again'.

There are online quotes from Reynolds and the DP2 writers about wanting to do a road trip movie with Wolverine prior to the Disney/Fox merger. Jackman has also been quoted as saying that he would love to join the MCU. Obviously, Reynolds wants to do a DP movie and Fiege is just helping him make the movie he wants. If it means driving a dump truck full of cash to Jackman's house so he would return as Wolverine then so be it.

After Chadwick Boseman passed away, Ryan Coogler wanted to make a movie focusing on his loss. The cast and crew knew him for real unlike us who only got to see his performances. So the film is the cast/crew mourning his loss through the characters. I think even if the film had been delayed this is how the Coogler would have wanted it to be done. Rather than jeopardize the production, Fiege allowed Nate Moore and Ryan Coogler to do their thing with BP2.

In the end, this stuff is very dependent on the situation at hand. They would recast if need be but I think Marvel has realized they can use legacy characters and develop supporting characters into protagonists in order to continue their overarching story lines. Falcon & Winter Soldier adapted parts of John Walker's storyline but used Sam instead of Steve. Armor Wars is going to have Rhodey not Tony as the star.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    HEY! My Alternate reality and Internet rumors mean more than your facts! Stop trying to downplay my "righteous" outrage! RAWR!
    Kinda sounds like this video hating this movie for its nostalgia problem.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Also a few more notes:

-Ethan Hawk said that Marvel is more actor friendly and not director friendly. That certainly tracks because we've had directors walk out of projects but most actors keep coming back and keep signing up for projects. Gemma Chan, Michelle Yeoh and Mahershala Ali have all played more than one role in the MCU.

-Fiege is not against recasting roles. Back in 2013 during the comic con for IM3 he said they would 'James Bond' the role if RD Jr ever left. Later during the great Sony leaks, there was leaked email between Fiege and Alan Horn regarding Amazing Spider-Man and Horn asked Fiege if he would reboot IM in a similar situation and Fiege response was that he wouldn't reboot and retell the same origin story, he would just recast and keep it moving.

Do you really think he is going to go on a press tour for NWH and be like 'oh yeah, I wanted Rainn Wilson to play Dock Ock but I had to settle for bringing back Alfred Molina again'.

There are online quotes from Reynolds and the DP2 writers about wanting to do a road trip movie with Wolverine prior to the Disney/Fox merger. Jackman has also been quoted as saying that he would love to join the MCU. Obviously, Reynolds wants to do a DP movie and Fiege is just helping him make the movie he wants. If it means driving a dump truck full of cash to Jackman's house so he would return as Wolverine then so be it.

After Chadwick Boseman passed away, Ryan Coogler wanted to make a movie focusing on his loss. The cast and crew knew him for real unlike us who only got to see his performances. So the film is the cast/crew mourning his loss through the characters. I think even if the film had been delayed this is how the Coogler would have wanted it to be done. Rather than jeopardize the production, Fiege allowed Nate Moore and Ryan Coogler to do their thing with BP2.

In the end, this stuff is very dependent on the situation at hand. They would recast if need be but I think Marvel has realized they can use legacy characters and develop supporting characters into protagonists in order to continue their overarching story lines. Falcon & Winter Soldier adapted parts of John Walker's storyline but used Sam instead of Steve. Armor Wars is going to have Rhodey not Tony as the star.
    I think Feige's Director friendly I mean look at the Russo Bros (4 films), Taika Waititi (2), James Gunn (3), Ryan Coogler (2), Peyton Reed (3), Joss Whedon (2), Jon Favreau (2) and when you look at the films.

Avengers and Age of Ultron have Whedon's distant writing and while not an amazing visual style you can pick up Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame were directed by the same person/persons by the scene transitions. Then you have films like First Avenger that's so much a Joe Johnston film it could be canon with Rocketeer and given Disney made Rocketeer it is in my head canon lol. Also, the same for Iron Man 3 and Shane Black down to adding the Christmas Theme. If you've seen The Evil Dead films, Darkman, Drag Me to Hell, or the original Spidey Trilogy there is no mistaking that Into the Multiverse of Madness was a Sam Raimi film. Last you have Taika and Gunn who it's no doubt that their MCU films are their movies. Speaking of Gunn you have the situation with him where it came out after Alan Horn dismissed him Feige worked to get him back believing no one else could do GOTG Vol. 3.

So yeah, I think Feige is Director friendly and will allow them to stylize the films to their taste it's just you have to be willing to work in the Marvel system which means remembering these films are part of a larger plan and you have to be willing to always put that first something some directors would have an issue with.