Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Futures End #18 discussion

Spoilers incoming,

Superman is working in the field. Constantine tells him about ancient evil. Superman is not interested and suggests asking, I think, Billy since he now wears the helmet.
    Constantine explains that it doesn't really matter, evil has awakened his avatar to deal with Superman since he is afraid of him. And yeah, its Brainiac.
    Billy is still weak, Rampage recovers faster and is attacking again, but Stormguard joins the fight. Billy has weakened her enough for Stormguard to deal with her.
    Stormguard takes them to the JL defense station and asks Lois to not a story about Billy posing as Superman because world needs a Superman.
    Diggle, Emiko and Barda arrive to the island where Oliver became GA.
    They meet GA there (don't miss this weeks GA: Futures End, it explains on how he is still alive and whats his goal). There is Red Arrow too standing besides him, Roy?
    Faraday is speaking with someone, probably same contact he was speaking since the begging of the series. We finally see its word bubbles, they look rather similar to whoever Terrific is speaking with but there are slight difference in font used.
    Basically it seams that voice gave Faraday all E-2 heroes and now he is confused why he is letting them escape. Apparently there were some complications to the master plan so voice had to act prematurely and this release of E-2 heroes should somehow help his plans. Maybe those data implants will do something?
    Slade, Cole and Lana are hiding somewhere on the island. Sue went to see "the wizard". And yeah, its explained that those data implants are "controlling" E-2 heroes instead of monitoring them, thats why they are basically killing everyone on the island.
    It is mentioned that Sue was the first Cadmus attempt at growing superhero. Power Girl finds is observing them from the sky, her eyes are red.
    Sue went to see mysterious voice, she also had the implant but removed it some time ago. She asks who the mysterious voice is? Brother Eye! Sue wants to make a deal with Brother Eye.
    Last page: Beyond Batman and gang are about to break into Terrifitech.

Now now. Is Brother Eye working for Brainiac and Brainiac is his new programmer that was mentioned back in the JLI annual? Or does Brother Eye want to rise an army and fight against Brainiac?

Green Arrow's alive? Gee, that kinda negates the whole Firestorm plot.

I know what you're thinking: no, it doesn't. But my first thought on reading that was: yeah, it does.

Honestly, I really don't care about Firestorm. Like at all.

Me neither. And I've tried, I've really tried. But he just does absolutely nothing for me.

I don't know. The Firestorm plot was one of the few stories that made sense to me as the story went on. Not at first. Early, it appeared that Ronnie was being a brat, but it became clearer that the war shattered him so badly that he either shirked his duties for pleasure, or threw himself into them to the point of absurdity when he held Jason hostage.

Plus, Ollie's death really was a "sh** just got real" moment, both for Ronnie and the larger DCU. Now it turns out he was just faking it which...happen a lot in comics, but does pull a lot of the sting out of the story. I won't be able to reread any issues dealing with Ollie's death the same way now.

Ollies plot just started and its already more interesting than firestorm's glad its over.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Faraday and Mister Terrific are both speaking the Brother Eye

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Faraday and Mister Terrific are both speaking the Brother Eye
    I think Mr T is speaking to Brainiac.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHAZAM! View Post
    I think Mr T is speaking to Brainiac.
    It looks like the same word balloons as the person (machine) Faraday is speaking to, and doubtful Brainiac would just have a one on one, ongoing conversation with any human.

Balloons look the same, but when speaking with Terrific he mentions that he has yet to reach Earth while Brother Eye seems have been on Earth all along.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

A good issue, I recommend reading Green Arrow first though for better context.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I hope that now the tie ins are coming out, this story starts moving along.

Incredible Member

Loved this issue. Can't wait to see where Lois, Superman, Barda, Emiko and Cadmus Island E2 heroes are going to go next. Loved the Fifty Sue and the wizard (brother eye) talk. I believe the same brother eye is who talks to Mr.T. I hope Brainiac is the one who controls the brother eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbml2104 View Post
    I believe the same brother eye is who talks to Mr.T. I hope Brainiac is the one who controls the brother eye.
    I don't think it's Brother Eye who's talking to Mr Terrific. It seems to be Brainiac. They've already showed that Brainiac has a ship in Space. Then you have that conversation in issue #15 where Brainiac tells Mr. Terrific that he looks forward to having a conversation face to face, when he reaches his planet. Brother Eye was created by Mr. Terrific and Batman. So presumably, it's on Earth or in Earth's orbit. I don't see how Brother Eye could make a comment like "when I reach your planet", when you have Brainiac in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    I don't think it's Brother Eye who's talking to Mr Terrific. It seems to be Brainiac. They've already showed that Brainiac has a ship in Space. Then you have that conversation in issue #15 where Brainiac tells Mr. Terrific that he looks forward to having a conversation face to face, when he reaches his planet. Brother Eye was created by Mr. Terrific and Batman. So presumably, it's on Earth or in Earth's orbit. I don't see how Brother Eye could make a comment like "when I reach your planet", when you have Brainiac in space.
    True, i believe people are getting mixed up by the red dialogue boxes.