Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
Yeah, the back-up in Classic X-Men #1 really is pretty lousy. Chiefly for the retcon of "Jean's always had an animal attraction to Wolverine and loved him the most," but Bobby's characterization is a close second. It really was an exercise in making the OG X-Men (at least Warren and Bobby) look shitty to prop up the ANAD X-Men. Thunderbird's characterization is even retconned. Maybe if that was a glimpse of how he had would have written the character, he may have had Bobby grow out of it. Because his interactions with Colossus in Inferno and Mutant Genesis, as small as they are, are not hostile. Or maybe by that point he was just being nice to Iceman because Simonson was writing/had written him. I agree that if he never really had any interest in Bobby, it wouldn't be worth the risk for the character to see Claremont take a crack at him anyway.

Claremont's opinions can't be changed, nor should they, so it all worked out for the best. Still kind of a shame that a writer of his caliber (back at his peak) didn't see potential in Bobby or Warren, when their history with the team and interacting with the shifting dynamics could have resulted in a lot of interesting stuff.

I think he wanted to use Beast in X-Treme X-Men, but Morrison called dibs. That's why Hank vanishes after like three issues
Claremont’s Warren only didn’t get along with Logan. He got along fine with all of the other all new all different X-Men.
Bobby on the other hand…..jeez. I wonder did Claremont see Bobby as a mouthpiece for the fan complainers of the new X-Men who only liked the 05.