Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Forgotten Sister, Outsider: Grace Choi Appreciation 2022

"Grace is my name, not my manner! "

GRACE CHOI APPRECIATION 2022

Stuff Grace Said besides $H!T

I guess she's a Leopard-were-woman in her adaptation for the BLACK LIGHTNING series...

She is not forgotten...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

With Yara's debut and Nubia's recent push, I feel like Grace is the missing piece. She'd pair well with Artemis and Yara in some stories if they ever brought her back.

Still think it's terrible she and Anissa were nowhere to be found after being on a tv show for a few years.

A ton of potential with her and hopefully, soon, we get to see her on panel again.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Did they ever say how Grace got the powers that she has? All I know of her is that she has an amazon as a mother, but I have never heard of who her father is and how that contributed to her powerset.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Did they ever say how Grace got the powers that she has? All I know of her is that she has an amazon as a mother, but I have never heard of who her father is and how that contributed to her powerset.
    I can't find the exact issue but we were shown that her meta gene kicked in while she was being trafficked as adolescent - sudden growth spurt and musculature - and her newborn super strength enabled her to break out and free there other kidnapped children who were also with her. I thought it would have been the "America's Most Wanted" tie in issues of OUTSIDERS #17-19 that dealt with the child trafficking ring but it appears the flashback was revealed elsewhere...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-29-2022 at 05:59 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

All-New Member

I don't know about you guys but when I first started reading comics I was looking for some strong female characters and after reading about Wonder woman I can say she's one of the strongest female characters in DC comics. I love the character and the story, but I want to know what you guys think about her and why she is so great?

I think she is the strongest woman because of her courage, she's a warrior and she has no fear.

She is very powerful. I believe she can defeat any enemy that comes her way because she has the knowledge of the universe and has mastered many different fighting techniques
    Last edited by xboxreviewer; 10-10-2022 at 04:50 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I was hoping that Grace would have made a return appearance by now. She's unique amongst the Amazons...or at least was until Yara Flor came along, but she still has a very unique perspective. It's been established that Amazons have left the island in the past (if that's still in continuity...who even knows at this point) so having her history remain intact is not that difficult. I would very much like to see Ms. Choi return to the active world.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I was hoping that Grace would have made a return appearance by now. She's unique amongst the Amazons...or at least was until Yara Flor came along, but she still has a very unique perspective. It's been established that Amazons have left the island in the past (if that's still in continuity...who even knows at this point) so having her history remain intact is not that difficult. I would very much like to see Ms. Choi return to the active world.
    Her mother was a Bana Amazon so nothing really changes. Grace being a prominent Asian Amazon who is also a meta human makes her very special compared to Diana/Yara/Cassie who get their powers from Gods.

Extraordinary Member

I think grace fits the outlaw mold better then Artemis

Grace Choi is in the Vixen webtoon. One of the few places where she appears and where she feels consistent with past versions.

I would love to see her incorporated into the WW world more as well.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I couldn’t remember what her story was, but being a Bana makes sense.

It’d be great to pull her into the Wonder world and explore her backstory and mother. Does she have metahuman abilities besides being an Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I couldn’t remember what her story was, but being a Bana makes sense.

It’d be great to pull her into the Wonder world and explore her backstory and mother. Does she have metahuman abilities besides being an Amazon?
    Her metagene is what granted her super strength i belive

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Her metagene is what granted her super strength i belive
    So Amazon strength plus a level of super strength on top of that. Got it.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    So Amazon strength plus a level of super strength on top of that. Got it.
    They have never consistently portrayed amazon strength as much above a 'olympic level athlete'.

So Grace being half amazon means nothing with respect to her powers. Apparently it was all due to her meta-gene kicking in which is the lazy writers way of saying how she even has super powers.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    They have never consistently portrayed amazon strength as much above a 'olympic level athlete'.

So Grace being half amazon means nothing with respect to her powers. Apparently it was all due to her meta-gene kicking in which is the lazy writers way of saying how she even has super powers.
    In my mind’s eye, I always go back to the Perez version of the Amazons where they above peak human in strength, endurance, power, agility, etc., but you’re right that it’s never been consistently portrayed.