Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah I’m not real clear on how exactly he made a skin suit out of Caliban’s face.
    The same way Moira did with Banshee and MJ?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Darwin's whole power is that his body does whatever it takes to survive, so I'm not sure killing Darwin is literally possible. If it ever got too dangerous he would immediately just teleport away automatically.
    Yeah, plus he's proven able to 'survive' even when his body is destroyed. I suspect that even if they tried something really squiffy, like have a telepath attempt to eradicate all traces of his mind on the psionic plane, after the destruction of his physical body, that he'd somehow infect whatever psychic tried that stunt and 'live on' inside their psyche, just sort of skulking around in their unconscious mind, waiting for a chance to seize control when they are sleeping (or in the middle of a psychic battle and unable to spare the will to fight him, too!) or whatever...

His power is Isca-like, in that it does what it has to for him to survive, but actually kind of decent, whereas hers kind of sucks. (We've seen her really challenged exactly three times, and all three times she's turned and fought for the other side, so she's basically the Arakki version of Mystique, with the mutant power of being a treacherous turncoat.)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I take it you don't like Beast. LOL!
    LOL. Nope. At least, not Percy's version of him.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-02-2022 at 05:38 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I know Darwin's powers is extreme and immediate adaptability: Trapped under water...he will grow gills. Assaulted by intense heat his body becomes heat resistant. But would his adaptation ability allow for him to get a power such as sudden teleportation?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-02-2022 at 05:47 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know Darwin's powers is extreme and immediate adaptability: Trapped under water...he will grow gills. Assaulted by intense heat his body becomes heat resistant. But would his adaptation ability allow for him to get a power such as sudden teleportation?
    It's already happened during World War Hulk.

Okies. Now I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    They could at least adress it, because Scott spent his whole life worrying he would mess up because he could not control his powers, and when he have the chance to easily fix it he won't? Why?

Anyway, he can use the visor just for style.
    It's been established that there's a significant psychological component to Scott's inability to control his beams. Whedon's run in particular went into (convoluted) detail on this, and there was a brief period where he had enough personal clarity (whatever that means, heh) to not need the visor anymore, though that "clarity" didn't last. In any case, "fixing" Scott would require adjusting parts of his identity entirely and not just adjusting his body, and I assume everyone likes Scott so much that they really don't wanna make any changes to his personality

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, plus he's proven able to 'survive' even when his body is destroyed. I suspect that even if they tried something really squiffy, like have a telepath attempt to eradicate all traces of his mind on the psionic plane, after the destruction of his physical body, that he'd somehow infect whatever psychic tried that stunt and 'live on' inside their psyche, just sort of skulking around in their unconscious mind, waiting for a chance to seize control when they are sleeping (or in the middle of a psychic battle and unable to spare the will to fight him, too!) or whatever...

His power is Isca-like, in that it does what it has to for him to survive, but actually kind of decent, whereas hers kind of sucks. (We've seen her really challenged exactly three times, and all three times she's turned and fought for the other side, so she's basically the Arakki version of Mystique, with the mutant power of being a treacherous turncoat.)
    Simple: send goons with power dampners and orders to no use in any way lethal force. After Darwin is depowered and imprisoned, just shoot him in the head and completely destroy his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Simple: send goons with power dampners and orders to no use in any way lethal force. After Darwin is depowered and imprisoned, just shoot him in the head and completely destroy his body.
    That was kind of my thinking. Forge did invent a certain weapon that neutralized mutant abilities, after all.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Or, resurrect Leach if necessary, arm him with a knife, and throw him at Darwin's head.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    If they do they should call it the war of the children, to go along with other horrible event names
    SECRET war of the children
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Darwin's whole power is that his body does whatever it takes to survive, so I'm not sure killing Darwin is literally possible. If it ever got too dangerous he would immediately just teleport away automatically.
    I saw X-Men First Class. That ain’t true.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    The same way Moira did with Banshee and MJ?
    But Banshee was dead and couldn’t speak anymore after being skinned. That’s why I think Masque or someone else morphed Caliban‘s body into a belt.