Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah I’m not real clear on how exactly he made a skin suit out of Caliban’s face.
    I doubt Caliban agreed, he seems confused as we are.

Astonishing Member

My take on the resurrection boosts is a side-effect of the Hope-Elixir-Proteus part of the circuit is that having Hope literally be part of the recreation of a mutant's body....WHILE Elixir and Proteus are basically cementing that mutant's physical DNA and mutant energies...and given that a key part of her power is that by her very presence she boosts and optimizes other mutants' abilities - like, without even realizing they're doing it, probably, Elixir and Proteus essentially hardwire the boosted version of a mutant's powers, the elevated levels they're at while Hope's working to bring them back....into the very DNA and fundamental reality profile of each mutant they resurrect. So intentionally or not, resurrected mutants end up 'set/stabilized' with their boosted power levels now encoded into them as their new baseline.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really liked this issue.

I actually like that Xavier is having a bit of development power-wise.

Mutants having their powers spontaneously upgraded as a result of resurrection seems to be something Duggan is setting up, slowly and thoughtfully. And I'm definitely intrigued. I wonder if it happens with all the resurrected or just a select few (for whatever reasons).

I want Cecilia to be exploring more of this as a tertiary plot in this book...with more page-time, of course.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Good issue, but it unfortunately it falls into the stink of 'X-Force style strategizing.'

Why send in the one person who is in charge of the entire defense plan and knows how it works? There are clearly hundreds of other able bodied mutants who'd be able to operate the special Krakoan suit.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I have been a big fan of the Chdren since their first appearance. Loving Serafina, Cadena and Olvido the most.

Can someone tell me which members appeared?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Do they address that Darwin has already been resurrected?

That Caliban part was brutal. From the context, Forge somehow k.o.ed him with a drink. Caliban has no morphing power except buffing up, probably Masque formed him into a belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Do they address that Darwin has already been resurrected?
    Probably a minor oversight. Again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Good issue, but it unfortunately it falls into the stink of 'X-Force style strategizing.'

Why send in the one person who is in charge of the entire defense plan and knows how it works? There are clearly hundreds of other able bodied mutants who'd be able to operate the special Krakoan suit.
    I'm pretty sure Forge has other plans besides just finding and rescuing Darwin - he's going himself because he either wants to study parts of the Children's technology himself, OR he's going because he plans to take advantage of the time dilation field inside the Vault in order to achieve some goal/finish some kind of other invention or experiment he's working on but needs a lot more time to complete.

After all, the way the time dilation effect works is just time passes more quickly inside the Vault than outside it....but time still passes relatively for anyone who is actually inside the Vault. A simple straightforward mission to just go in, find one mutant, and pull himself and that mutant out....shouldn't take that long. The only reason Darwin, Synch and Laura's original mission lasted so long was because they didn't go in with a singular objective, but for reconnaissance. Additionally, they were limited by needing to wait until the Children opened the Vault again on their own, before they could either escape or be resurrected.

Those limitations don't exist here....Forge went in with seemingly one specific goal AND the Vault is already open, so there's theoretically nothing preventing him from making a quick milk run, as he put it.

Unless that's not all he's planning on doing while he's there.

And I keep wondering about that panel where Bobby says "Don't worry, these sentries will still be on ice when you get back in a couple centuries."

On its own, that could be a one-off joke about the nature of the Vault's time dilation.

But when paired with the way Forge looks back over his shoulder at him and says "You always were a bright kid, Bobby" - I think its more likely that Bobby has a hunch that Forge is going himself and keeping his cards close to his chest because he has other objectives in mind. He made the 'couple centuries' crack because however much time passes for the rest of them while waiting for Forge to come back, Forge is planning on spending a good amount of time inside.

Fantastic Member

I also find it hard to believe this council would be willing to risk aceessing the vault, infilitrating, and forges fancy suit for Darwin.

Did they change Perro's look?
    Also which one was Olvido?
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-28-2022 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    I also find it hard to believe this council would be willing to risk aceessing the vault, infilitrating, and forges fancy suit for Darwin.
    If the Children figure out how to duplicate Darwin's powers the world is doomed.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    My take on the resurrection boosts is a side-effect of the Hope-Elixir-Proteus part of the circuit is that having Hope literally be part of the recreation of a mutant's body....WHILE Elixir and Proteus are basically cementing that mutant's physical DNA and mutant energies...and given that a key part of her power is that by her very presence she boosts and optimizes other mutants' abilities - like, without even realizing they're doing it, probably, Elixir and Proteus essentially hardwire the boosted version of a mutant's powers, the elevated levels they're at while Hope's working to bring them back....into the very DNA and fundamental reality profile of each mutant they resurrect. So intentionally or not, resurrected mutants end up 'set/stabilized' with their boosted power levels now encoded into them as their new baseline.
    There’s also an interesting symmetry with both Children and Mutants getting stronger with each “update”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Did they change Perro's look?
    Also which one was Olvido?
    Olvido was the blue-haired guy with the white bandages wrapping most of his body and lower face....he only showed up in Carey's second Children arc, the one with Luz.

(Speaking of whom, I really want to know whatever happened with her, given the context of how the story last left her. Would be awesome if we found out that like, there's a splinter cell or outpost hidden somewhere in the Vault where an offshoot of Children more aligned with Luz's views went rogue from the rest of the Children and tried to go their own way without getting wiped out).

Anyway, Olvido was the guy who could make anything, even including energy, vanish into his 'void' - he was the one they fielded against Magneto.

As for the Children who appeared in this issue, it was mostly focused on the usual five mainstays: Serafina, Fuego, Aguja, Sangre and Perro. We also saw Cadena and Martillo. The pre-existing ones we've seen no sign of still are Corregidora, Diamante, Madre, Piedra Dura, and the various offscreen ones we've seen namedropped but never appeared on page: Horador, Merbavon and Terramoto.

Currently, Fuego, Aguja, Perro and Sangre seem to be trapped in Forge's Matrix bubbles and are in the simulation he created. Per the last page though, Serafina is outside the Vault but NOT trapped by the simulation, and was seen watching Forge go inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’m in the minority but I thought this issue was pretty lazy in places. It’s great Forge is getting spotlight and the vault has the potential to be interesting….

But I’m pretty tired of watching everyone get brutally murdered only for it all to be a dream/simulation etc, makes it feel like the writers are doing it for nothing more than shock value at this point.

Forge’s suit using another mutants powers (mystique) to infiltrate felt un-necessary and a convenient way to use powers that aren’t within the teams skill set….except they do have someone who could do that but he’s been benched (Synch). I don’t doubt Forge is capable of creating such a suit but plot wise it risks the suit becoming whatever the writer needs it to be. I hope that’s not the case in future issues.

Finally if the books are not going to confirm or tell us why mutants suddenly have better/stronger powers sometime soon (like Xavier having TK now) then I’m just going to question if the writer got a characters power set wrong….again.
    Like tell me you haven't been reading the books...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!