Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Like tell me you haven't been reading the books...
    Obviously I know it’s coming from the resurrection protocols. But I guess I’m getting a little impatient as to where they’re going with this. For a long while a select few characters have been getting upgrades, sometimes without the story acknowledging an upgrade has happened at all and characters are stronger or can do something that they couldn’t do before. So is this going somewhere? Will this become important to how Krakoa evolves as a nation, how the mutants form their society? Or will it come to nothing and they’ve all been given powers ups, just because. How many characters will end up god-like beings and will it mean anything?

It’s interesting that we can now see the extreme results of evolution from the vault, will this be a cautionary tale for the mutants of Krakoa who are also evolving?
    Last edited by Proxy; 09-28-2022 at 04:40 PM.

For reference, we got this page in X-Men #18

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Good issue. Don't particularly care for the Vault or 'Everyones Dies!' scenarios, but this was a smooth read.

That being said... Did anyone else have a "Alright, Forge is 100% withholding intel about *other* insane science projects, but this one's totally legi... OMG WTF that psycho roofied Caliban, skinned him and made him part of his suit WTFFFFFFFFF!!!" moment?

Xavier is walking and having his powers upgraded, Synch is on his way to be an Omega and somehow Cyclops still needs the visor.

Finally able to read some comics. Read this first this was a really good read. Feels like Duggan is revving up the plot and the story was definitely intriguing. At first i was thrown back by this mission being for darwin as i remember him getting resurrected but looking through the hardcover in X-men issue 20 when Laura is brought back we see what most assumed is darwin body which i still think it was but because he is able to adapt in the vault perhaps they could not call his consciousness and that's why his husk never animated so it's not that darwin wasn't used but rather he's been in the vault this whole time.

I was fine with Synch sitting out this mission too. I like that he's the kind of guy that will walk into danger but not into trauma. Very healthy dude imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I'm withholding judgment on the Caliban plot and waiting to see how that shakes out, because it seems to lean a little TOO obviously into the 'roofied Caliban and used him without his consent here' angle for that to actually be what's going on. I'm guessing its the same kind of thing as with the gun slash simulation fakeout.

I honestly can't see any point to Duggan raising a 'worst case scenario' for what Forge's secret project was only to swerve and reveal its not nearly that bad and Forge refused to consider a more lethal alternative....only for the story to simply then proceed to make Forge still look terrible just in different ways, later that exact same issue.

Just doesn't make a ton of sense. Occam's Razor suggests there's something else going on. Caliban might not remember how he got there at this particular moment, maybe due to something like the blind spot in Cerebro back-ups when a mutant dies before their memories' most recent back-up....but that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't know exactly what Forge was planning and consent to it before they actually did it.

I'm betting he's just forgotten that conversation due to the logistics of how his consciousness was...idk, embedded in the suit itself? But that he'll be filled in (as will we) by Forge's narration in the next issue, perhaps along with some kind of code he gave Forge to tell him and thus convince him that they both did plan this and Forge didn't just roofie him and do whatever.

I've always found forge to be slightly shady with good intentions overall. An ends justify the means kind with compassion that can be brought about by those he loves which can alter his perspective. He's sort of robotic in thought sometimes like the opposite of vision. He has the emotions but the logic rules more.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

For a smart guy, Forge is pretty stupid for taunting Murphy that way what with that last panel showing one of the Children not trapped in the note Matrix.

Also given the time dilation in the Vault there is no way of knowing that Darwin is even loyal to the X-men anymore.

Plus, was he not also revived like Laura? I mean she died in the Vault and they brought her back based on her last back up so why would they not do the same for him? That seem like a oversight on the part of the X-office.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Xavier is walking and having his powers upgraded, Synch is on his way to be an Omega and somehow Cyclops still needs the visor.
    Without the visor he'd just look like some guy.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Good issue. Needs more Angelica.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Boy View Post
    Good issue. Needs more Angelica.
    I didn't like that creey smile she had when she found it Ev was 500.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I didn't like that creey smile she had when she found it Ev was 500.
    Firestar likes GILFs, confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I doubt Caliban agreed, he seems confused as we are.
    Forge was screaming seril killer vibes to me in that scene...

Caliban: Last thing I remember was having a drink with you at the Red Lagoon......

Forge: Don't worry about it little buddy. I drugged you to use you as a skin suit. Don't worry no one will harm you........ No one even knows where we are.............

This was one of the better issues of the series. Cassara is a delight and Forge's macabre and evil use of Caliban is very Sinister.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    My take on the resurrection boosts is a side-effect of the Hope-Elixir-Proteus part of the circuit is that having Hope literally be part of the recreation of a mutant's body....WHILE Elixir and Proteus are basically cementing that mutant's physical DNA and mutant energies...and given that a key part of her power is that by her very presence she boosts and optimizes other mutants' abilities - like, without even realizing they're doing it, probably, Elixir and Proteus essentially hardwire the boosted version of a mutant's powers, the elevated levels they're at while Hope's working to bring them back....into the very DNA and fundamental reality profile of each mutant they resurrect. So intentionally or not, resurrected mutants end up 'set/stabilized' with their boosted power levels now encoded into them as their new baseline.
    If its something like this, I am calling it now. That weird connection the lights had with Hope, its going to be that way for every mutant she resurrects. The cult of Hope.....