Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Cyclops can use the visor most of the time for precision, because it's how he's known and because enemies don't know he can control them and he can use it to his advantage- just pretend he's powerless and then BAM!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    They could at least adress it, because Scott spent his whole life worrying he would mess up because he could not control his powers, and when he have the chance to easily fix it he won't? Why?

Anyway, he can use the visor just for style.
    Thing is, the visor isn't just to keep his blasts in check. They also manipulate the width of the beans from wide angle to pin-point and their intensity and precision. Even if he were to finally control and hold them back without the visor he may not be able focus and use the beam effectively, offensively.

As with, Karma and Forge...I like that he's "decided" to keep his disability...even if it doesn't make "sense" in the context of what can be accomplished in this era.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-29-2022 at 09:45 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Hickman talked about Scott still needing the visor in an interview a couple years ago, saying something to the effect of the Five have to retain some aspects of the resurrected mutants physicality, including disabilities, because it is integral to the identity of the mind of the resurrected mutant. They should just make that canon in a data page, say that if they make the body too different from what the character was like prior to resurrection then the mind will reject the husk. Because otherwise too many of you are too gleefully eager to erase the X-Men's already pretty meager disability rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Looks like these Children of the Vault are quite the menace.
    Maybe Marvel intends to use them on a future event series?
    I doubt it. I have a feeling this story will end with the Children being taken off the board. I think Forge's goal is to use the bits of Darwin that exist in this newest generation of Children to destroy them all, but what will end up happening is Darwin's consciousness will surface in the Children and at the least override their genocidal nature and return them to the Vault to live peacefully (or until another writer wants to use them), with maybe Serafina being immune and living outside as a steady antagonist.

With the third issue of "year two" of X-Men, Duggan proves he's more than willing to flip the script and launch this team into the unknown while turning in something truly excellent.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Good issue. Don't particularly care for the Vault or 'Everyones Dies!' scenarios, but this was a smooth read.

That being said... Did anyone else have a "Alright, Forge is 100% withholding intel about *other* insane science projects, but this one's totally legi... OMG WTF that psycho roofied Caliban, skinned him and made him part of his suit WTFFFFFFFFF!!!" moment?
    Yeah, I immediately thought, 'Oh no, Forge has been spending too much time on a team with Beast, Quentin and Wolverine as his moral compasses...'

BANNED

Is Forge using Caliban as some sort of super mutant detector or something? Also, does anyone else see the Neo in CoTV?
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-30-2022 at 01:27 PM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Darwin is coming back as an Alt.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I immediately thought, 'Oh no, Forge has been spending too much time on a team with Beast, Quentin and Wolverine as his moral compasses...'
    Oh, I'm sure there's a perfectly sane in-verse justification as to why Forge couldn't just build a proper GPS. Can't wait for it, lol. The really, *really* funny thing is that even if Forge intentionally opted for cartoonishly bonkers tactics/tech just to get himself kicked from the team, it's still completely bonkers. Oh well.

So Forge drugged Caliban, kidnaped him and is now using his body against his well. Forge is trash. This puts him right up there with Beast.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    So Forge drugged Caliban, kidnaped him and is now using his body against his well. Forge is trash. This puts him right up there with Beast.
    Yeah, that seems to be the most likely scenario. Or Caliban fully agreed to help but then got piss drunk and forgot.

I still think there's more to Project Blackbox. Creating a virtual reality dome to neutralize the Children and rescue Darwin doesn't seem like it needed to be a secret between Forge and Xavier. Unless the X-Office is purposely ignoring that we saw Darwin resurrected and they're just changing the story, I'm starting to think Forge might be tasked with killing Vault Darwin for fear he has been corrupted and taken over by the City. He's been in there for a long time now and could be extremely dangerous. Plus the whole "no duplicates" thing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Well...at this point no one but Forge knows the true story so...maybe we shouldn't be too hasty to place him in the same category as that vile, despicable, reprehensible monster who clearly deserves the Pit. Or at the very least hung up in a coat closet somewhere and forgotten, to collect dust and be eaten by mold and moths.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-01-2022 at 07:02 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah, that seems to be the most likely scenario. Or Caliban fully agreed to help but then got piss drunk and forgot.

I still think there's more to Project Blackbox. Creating a virtual reality dome to neutralize the Children and rescue Darwin doesn't seem like it needed to be a secret between Forge and Xavier. Unless the X-Office is purposely ignoring that we saw Darwin resurrected and they're just changing the story, I'm starting to think Forge might be tasked with killing Vault Darwin for fear he has been corrupted and taken over by the City. He's been in there for a long time now and could be extremely dangerous. Plus the whole "no duplicates" thing.
    100 %
    1: It would be a mercy killing
    2: He would be saving mutant kind from future attacks if he can stop the Children from evolving. Even probably...to devolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    100 %
    1: It would be a mercy killing
    2: He would be saving mutant kind from future attacks if he can stop the Children from evolving. Even probably...to devolve.
    Very good point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Darwin's whole power is that his body does whatever it takes to survive, so I'm not sure killing Darwin is literally possible. If it ever got too dangerous he would immediately just teleport away automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...at this point no one but Forge knows the true story so...maybe we shouldn't be too hasty to place him in the same category as that vile, despicable, reprehensible monster who clearly deserves the Pit. Or at the very least hung up in a coat closet somewhere and forgotten, to collect dust and be eaten by mold and moths.
    I take it you don't like Beast. LOL!
    Mutant and Proud!