View Poll Results: Who is the ultimate Wonder Woman?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lynda Carter

11 78.57%
  • Gal Gabot

3 21.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gal Gadot vs Lynda Carter

So who do you think is WONDER WOMEN? Personally there has only ever been one for me Lynda Carter.

Wonder Woman is camp as Christmas and think Lynda Carter suited the role better.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Why does it have to be a competition? I like them both for different and similar reasons.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by shedmaster View Post
    So who do you think is WONDER WOMEN?
    Yes, they are both Wonder Women.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Posters are taking sides over in a Cheetah thread, so I refuse any divisiveness between Lynda and Gal!

Both exist in the multiomnihyperverse and we’re the better for it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They represent 2 very different Dianas that i cant compare them. Plus they are the only 2 in the role lol.

Both are fairly decent approximations of Wonder Woman from their respective eras.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Apologies but I refuse to vote. They are like comparing the Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman to the Post Crisis Wonder Woman. Both are exceptional, both are necessary to the history of the character.

I love them both for different reasons, and I think both did a tremendous job embodying Diana.

I'm not going to vote either.

Gal Gadot has limited range as an actress, but I think she does a good job as Wonder Woman. She captures Diana's essence well with warmth and earnestness.
    Lynda Carter did/does that, too, but she was hindered by being in a low-budget 70s TV show that simply didn't have the means to go as big as Wonder Woman should be.

I'm sorry but I still don't like Gal Gadot. She just doesn't look or sound like Wonder Woman to me. Which is funny because I grew up on Christopher Reeve but greatly prefer Henry Cavill as Superman, but I'm not as close to Superman as I am Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'm not going to vote either.

Gal Gadot has limited range as an actress, but I think she does a good job as Wonder Woman. She captures Diana's essence well with warmth and earnestness.
    Lynda Carter did/does that, too, but she was hindered by being in a low-budget 70s TV show that simply didn't have the means to go as big as Wonder Woman should be.
    She went bigger, I can't picture Gadot's Wonder Woman spinning into a diving suit, a cape for special occasions, skateboard attire, or a motorcycle outfit complete with a gold helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She went bigger, I can't picture Gadot's Wonder Woman spinning into a diving suit, a cape for special occasions, skateboard attire, or a motorcycle outfit complete with a gold helmet.
    Goofy alternate costumes is not what I meant by "big." That's camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Goofy alternate costumes is not what I meant by "big." That's camp.
    When you go see Adele in Vegas and she has 5 different outfit changes is that camp? I think that's showmanship.

What do you call telling a story about a revered ancient Amazon artifact that gets destroyed in 5 minutes during battle and the loss goes completly unmentioned? Realism?

I'll vote Lynda just because of the pioneer effect: I'm in my 40s, and we remember the first person to accompish X more often than the ones who followed. For instance, I Chuck Yeager was the first pilot to break the sound barrier, but I have no idea who holds the record for fastest flight. And as a pioneer, you often get recognized in follow-up work, like how Lou Ferrigno appeared in both the 2003 and 2008 Hulk movies. Now, if Carter decided she wanted to put WW well behind her and never spoke up on the subject or didn't appear in WW84, I'd probably feel differently.

That's not to say Gal isn't good or won't surpass Lynda one day. But you ask me right now whom I associate more with WW, I say Carter's version.

I’m abstaining from voting as well & I’m pleasantly surprised to see this thread didn’t immediately devolve into a mud flinging circle jerk of an argument over who’s “better”.

Lynda Carter was the Wonder Woman of my childhood and for that she will always hold a special place in my heart. Gal Gadot has done an amazing job with what she has been given to work with and helped bring a modern Wonder Woman to a larger audience in a way I never thought possible.

They both rock and I occasionally throw on an old episode of the tv show or replay one of the movies when I just want to relax and spend time with “Wonder Woman” for an hour or two.