Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Wish Betsy was with Storm and Magneto.
    Remember when Gillan tried to make us believe they were powerless to reach the moon?

Ewing doesn't really miss, does he?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    He died protecting Earth from Uranus as we see with Uranus on the ground knocked out.
    Yeah. This is after the last issue of Judgment Day where he and Storm teleported into the heart of the Earth or wherever they were, and Magneto turned Uranos’ armory against him with the help of Stark who hacked his system. Or something like that. I only read it once and don’t plan to again. All up it was pretty mediocre IMO. But that scene with Storm and Magneto was quite badass.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Yeah, considering Ewing holds a special dislike for him I wouldn’t want to be Tony this issue

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The release of some of these issues are a bit screwy so I got lost on the order.

Still they really rolled back the gods thing since the dialogue in that scene is very obviously not saying he thinks the diplomats see themselves as gods

The dialog, the art and the chemistry is just a thing of beauty! I loooooove how their relationship has evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Remember when Gillan tried to make us believe they were powerless to reach the moon?

Ewing doesn't really miss, does he?
    Yup thats specifically the scene I always remember.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    He died protecting Earth from Uranus as we see with Uranus on the ground knocked out.
    To add to that Uranos had unleashed his armory and was in the middle of omnicide. So yeah magneto literally died protecting a world that fears and hates him, within good reason. He's done some horrible stuff.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 09-29-2022 at 03:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    The dialog, the art and the chemistry is just a thing of beauty! I loooooove how their relationship has evolved.
    Me too, I just love this, especially seeing Magnus going into another discourse and Ororo being just like, let me save your life, you proud man, I didnīt come here to see you being a martyr I love them both, hope Ewing never stops writting them, heīs great with both. Sure, even if it will take a while for Magnus to come back, this end was beautiful and I am ok with it for the moment, lol at him asking Ororo to watch Charles, he knows his old friend too well

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah. This is after the last issue of Judgment Day where he and Storm teleported into the heart of the Earth or wherever they were, and Magneto turned Uranos’ armory against him with the help of Stark who hacked his system. Or something like that. I only read it once and don’t plan to again. All up it was pretty mediocre IMO. But that scene with Storm and Magneto was quite badass.
    Exactly, Magneto and Storm were defending Arrako then Tony asked for their help to protect Earth from Uranus who was going to destroy everything, they turned Uranus own weapons agaisnīt him and stopped his destruction of Earth, so yes, Magneto is literally dying because he was saving earth. he actually tried to do the same in his solo series during Hickmanīs "Secret Wars" crossover but this is the first time the rest of the heros notice it.

I love the irony, I am sure he knows that him dying could take off a lot of anger towards mutant resurrection protocols and itīs a good way to keep his word to Arakko.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-29-2022 at 04:26 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Uranos is dead? And it only took two mutants to do him in, when he solo'd all of the Omegas on Mars, previously?

Sounds like someone's doing the J-O-B.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

This is just too beautiful a moment. *Sniff* If ever hellion needs to ride in with elixir or triage it's now! Give me my damn manga moment when he's surprisingly healed. *tears*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Uranos is dead? And it only took two mutants to do him in, when he solo'd all of the Omegas on Mars, previously?

Not dead, imprisoned recollecting his molecules. He's still conscious just focused on healing. They can't kill him as he still has a Deadman's switch that will destroy the world if he's killed.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

They used Uranus weapons agaisnīt him but he isnīt dead, he was going to die but the Eternals just put him back on his cell, they feared he was going to come back even more strong than before so they just keep him trapped again and this saved the world.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Ahhh. My bad!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

That scene really needed room to breathe in the main AXE book. I had hoped this issue would expand on that final battle, like it looks Legion's fight is being expanded in his book. But yeah, even with Tony hacking the tech and using his weapons against him, it all happened too fast for the big baddie battle, especially considering how hot Mags and Storm were at the end of Red #6, with their whole Brotherhood ready to take Uranos down for what he'd done on Arrako. Hopefully these preview pages aren't the actual first pages of #7, and we can see their battle more in detail under Ewing's pen.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is just too beautiful a moment. *Sniff* If ever hellion needs to ride in with elixir or triage it's now! Give me my damn manga moment when he's surprisingly healed. *tears*
    Hell yeah. And this wouldn't even be the first time Elixir regrew someone's heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.