Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Yeah gonna have to agree with everyone else here I don't think you're interpreting that line correctly.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The gauche and pulling wings off thing pretty clearly is about humans not wanting to admit they see themselves as gods, and now it's no longer exclusive to humans.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No.

They will never admit to themselves there are/can be new Gods (not that they see themselves as Gods...which they clearly don't) even when they themselves "act" as Gods.

Hence the declaration of "fact" and the subsequent tragic irony.

If anything Ewing absolutely clarifies (not retcons) what Maggie meant.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-30-2022 at 08:00 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The gauche and pulling wings off thing pretty clearly is about humans not wanting to admit they see themselves as gods, and now it's no longer exclusive to humans.
    It also couild me a metaphor for ikarus who had literal wings ( i mean created wings but they were suppose to be literal wings and he was among the god. lol i need a nap i been non stop thiis week in life. lol) v he used to fly too close to the sun.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Hm, idk, I’ve always seen Ororo’s thoughts on Xavier as more complicated, the times he came back while she was leader we’re sometimes tense.
    True! However, I still feel like at the end of the day she still sees him as the father she's never had. Even as recently as Trial of Magneto when she threatened Magneto because after what he did to Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Now, that you mentioned it Storm does have A LOT on her plate:
    -Regent of Sol
    -Leader of the Brotherhood
    -Keeping an eye on Abigail Brand's Bullshit.
    -Member of the Galactic Illuminati
    -Member of the Quite Council
    -Member of the Great Ring
    -Has to watch over Charles Xavier per Magneto's Request.

The Woman NEEDS a break like DAMN......
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    True! However, I still feel like at the end of the day she still sees him as the father she's never had. Even as recently as Trial of Magneto when she threatened Magneto because after what he did to Xavier.

Good point. No matter their past conflicts, even if she knows Xavier also has questionable ethics (like all the leaders on that coincil short of Nightcrawler), I think he holds a special place with Ororo. Part of me would love a bit more history to see a conversation with Storm, Magneto, & Xavier ever happened regarding her taking on the role of Regent. I’d love to see how she was convinced to take it on and if she had ultimatums about what it would mean to her and mutantdom for taking on that role.

I always felt the climax hickman intended would pit those who have been resurrected vs those who haven’t. Xavier vs Storm would fit to a “T”.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I always felt the climax hickman intended would pit those who have been resurrected vs those who haven’t. Xavier vs Storm would fit to a “T”.
    Nah.

Civil wars are zzzz.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Good point. No matter their past conflicts, even if she knows Xavier also has questionable ethics (like all the leaders on that coincil short of Nightcrawler), I think he holds a special place with Ororo. Part of me would love a bit more history to see a conversation with Storm, Magneto, & Xavier ever happened regarding her taking on the role of Regent. I’d love to see how she was convinced to take it on and if she had ultimatums about what it would mean to her and mutantdom for taking on that role.
    You bring that up and I still don't think anyone besides Sinister has caught wind that Colossus isn't actually Colossus.

If it ever came down to a Storm vs Xavier I believe most would fall behind Storm. The Council has been burned by the events in Inferno (especially Emma), and in the general sense, Storm has always had that "lawful good" card in her corner.

In fact my head canon is saying that's a big reason why she was put up as the VoS role. Her reputation among the superhero community is basically pristine as you can get which I'm sure would carry a lot of weight if the Earth/Superhero pov story was ever told after they learned Earth was replaced as the "go-to" planet.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

@Subliminally, if that's not Piotr Rasputin who can it possibly be?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Nah.

Civil wars are zzzz.
    Eh it depends Hickman pulled off a fantastic one at the end of his Avengers/New Avengers run. Though he actually spent the time to create believable tension between the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    @Subliminally, if that's not Piotr Rasputin who can it possibly be?
    Wasn't it suppose to be Mikhail Rasputin controlling his mind?

You're the one who's suppose to be the Marvel databank!!!!

BANNED

Double post deleted...
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-02-2022 at 01:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Wasn't it suppose to be Mikhail Rasputin controlling his mind?

You're the one who's suppose to be the Marvel databank!!!!

Hey, I wish I could sit around all day reading and memorizing story arcs -- but, I'm getting old However, now that I think about it your talking about the time when Mikhail had allied himself with XENO and convinced Chronicler, to turn Piotr into a mole, forcing him to leak Krakoan intelligence, right?
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-02-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Hey, I wish I could sit around all day reading and memorizing story arcs -- but, I'm getting old However, now that I think about it your talking about the time when Mikhail had allied himself with XENO and convinced Chronicler, to turn Piotr into a mole, forcing him to leak Krakoan intelligence, right?
    I concede that I wasn't following the story down to the smallest detail, but from what I understand that's what I was talking about.