Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    She's probably sensing his life force depleting. Props to Ewing for bringing back that long lost ability in a real subtle way!

Him telling Storm to watch Xavier is concerning though. She still thinks of him as a father figure so she might not be the absolute best one to keep him in check.
    Hm, idk, I’ve always seen Ororo’s thoughts on Xavier as more complicated, the times he came back while she was leader we’re sometimes tense.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

You bet Uranos!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    My flag is bacon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Hm, idk, I’ve always seen Ororo’s thoughts on Xavier as more complicated, the times he came back while she was leader we’re sometimes tense.
    I agree with this. Storm has decades of history of checking him when she felt like doing it. Of all of them she's the best at doing it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Uranos is dead? And it only took two mutants to do him in, when he solo'd all of the Omegas on Mars, previously?

Sounds like someone's doing the J-O-B.
    It was a running thing in Gillen’s run that the Eternals had been rendered obsolete due to the number and power of Earth’s current powered population

Uranos is mighty, but he’s A) acting in flagrant breach of his own programming, B) mighty by comparison to cavemen earth and baby gods; C) his armory and his doomsday weapons imbedded in the Earth were the primary source of his strength and why Kronos and Oceanus didn’t tear physically him apart when Druig betrayed him

In this instance, Magneto and Storm’s combined Omega powers distracted Uranos long enough for Stark to hack the Underworld and turn his own Armoury on him (with Magneto steering/powering the shots)

A Patriarch-class Eternal defeated by mutant genetic ability and human technological prowess*

* which is why Ewing making a Forge is aggravating.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

what more does Storm have to do for these people?! "Watch Xavier??!" bitch I'm busy being Regent of Sol, OK? don't give me yet another extra frickin task, see what Psylocke is doing.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    what more does Storm have to do for these people?! "Watch Xavier??!" bitch I'm busy being Regent of Sol, OK? don't give me yet another extra frickin task, see what Psylocke is doing.
    Now, that you mentioned it Storm does have A LOT on her plate:
    -Regent of Sol
    -Leader of the Brotherhood
    -Keeping an eye on Abigail Brand's Bullshit.
    -Member of the Galactic Illuminati
    -Member of the Quite Council
    -Member of the Great Ring
    -Has to watch over Charles Xavier per Magneto's Request.

The Woman NEEDS a break like DAMN......

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I guess it proves I was right about the god thing being dumb if they're now bending over backwards to retcon it

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't think you're reading what Magneto said in that panel correctly...Ewing isn't retconning what he initially said. But keep patting yourself on the back.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-30-2022 at 02:00 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Now, that you mentioned it Storm does have A LOT on her plate:
    -Regent of Sol
    -Leader of the Brotherhood
    -Keeping an eye on Abigail Brand's Bullshit.
    -Member of the Galactic Illuminati
    -Member of the Quite Council
    -Member of the Great Ring
    -Has to watch over Charles Xavier per Magneto's Request.

The Woman NEEDS a break like DAMN......
    I LOVE IT! No breaks dammit!

Thinking on this more its great that Storm is in such a pivotal and influential role. Brand needs to get checked and I am eager to see how that goes down. Cable will probably also be a big part of that (+Orbis Stellaris is still in play). Orchis needs to be stopped and Arakko will probably be key for that battle and Storm is the best suited to nuture that relationship to keep the mutants united in taking those b@&$#a$$ flatscans down. Then within the X-verse Magneto’s “death” (not sure we’ll lose him and if so, not for long) is likely to have consequences, and Xavier needs a checking force (Storm and Emma are ideal). Not to mention stories with her at the helm on the intergalactic stage as The Regent. Lots of potential for Ororo here.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I guess it proves I was right about the god thing being dumb if they're now bending over backwards to retcon it
    There's no way that's what you got from that panel.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    There's no way that's what you got from that panel.
    It's absolutely a retcon. There's no way to read that original line as "Magneto is saying humans think that they're gods", since Hickman is very much spelling out Magneto is saying "Humans love religion and now we're your gods"

It's absolutely a retcon. There's no way to read that original line as "Magneto is saying humans think that they're gods", since Hickman is very much spelling out Magneto is saying "Humans love religion and now we're your gods"

You interpreted all of that from a simple sentence "you have new gods now" all Ewing did was add what magneto meant when he said it while speaking to another mutant, someone he thought deserved to know what he meant and the humans he was speaking to didn't deserve to hear. Let them run rampant in their own minds. That is not a retcon at all, the only retcon is to your head canon.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

He's literally saying that it's what he meant when he said it to the humans. That's not head canon, it's the actual dialogue. And the context for what he said in the original does not line up with the retcon for what Ewing now claims.

There is literally no way that Hickman wrote that scene with the intention that Magneto was talking about humans thinking themselves as gods. Magneto even literally says in the original that humans are religious, so that's obviously not the case. There's no way to read that as "You consider yourselves gods, and now humans and Mutants are both equals since we're gods too".
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 09-30-2022 at 06:56 PM.

He's literally saying that it's what he meant when he said it to the humans. That's not head canon, it's the actual dialogue. And the context for what he said in the original does not line up with the retcon for what Ewing now claims.

There is literally no way that Hickman wrote that scene with the intention that Magneto was talking about humans thinking themselves as gods. Magneto even literally says in the original that humans are religious, so that's obviously not the case. There's no way to read that as "You consider yourselves gods, and now humans and Mutants are both equals since we're gods too".
    So fans don't consider Celestial gods? and eternals aren't god-like and set up to defend humans as god would, to inspire them?? Did magneto not just take one of those supposed gods down? What am i missing here? Where is the retcon? His statement now is actual fact not a retcon. Nothing was changed or altered in between or erased to make it work. in this event where what fans considered gods set to protect earth and a machine in it set to destroy it and cast judgement, mangeto stopped that proving he is what the fans and according to them what the humans of the mu would consider in canon gods
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

@Jwat Exactatiously

@GonnaG

That's not what he's saying...and not the point of the exchange.

His initial declaration wasn't "mutants have now supplanted all other Gods" just simply there are new Gods in the Earthly pantheon (absolute Maggie hubris, yes, but not far from the truth, given all that they have accomplished)

Now, he's clarifying that the humans would never have admitted to themselves that Mutants are new Gods.

The point of the exchange is the great irony of his statement back then as one of those self-proclaimed new Gods and his pending death at the moment.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-30-2022 at 07:17 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!