View Poll Results: What do you want to read?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hellboy: The Chained Coffin and Others

3 42.86%
  • The Crow

1 14.29%
  • Monsters

1 14.29%
  • Frankenstein Alive, Alive

0 0%
  • At the Mountains of Madness (Vol. 1) adapted by Gou Tanabe

0 0%
  • Sub-Mariner the Depths

2 28.57%
  • Domu: A Child's Dream

0 0%
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Default Voting for the October Reading Club Selection!

Welcome back to yet another meeting of the Classic Comics Reading Club! This month's theme was horror and these are the nominations:

Hellboy: The Chained Coffin and Others; The definitive(in my mind) collection of Mignola's greatest Hellboy short stories.

The Crow by J.O. Barr; A supernatural themed super hero comic that became one of the most successful indie comics of all time.

Monsters by Barry Windsor Smith; Smith is a titan of horror and Monsters is his magnum opus.

Frankenstein Alive, Alive by Niles & Wrightson; A new spin on Frankenstein by some of horror comics greatest names.

At the Mountains of Madness (Vol. 1) adapted by Gou Tanabe; What's Halloween without Lovecraft?

Sub-Mariner the Depths by Milligan and Ribic; What if the Sub-Mariner was written like Jaws?

Domu: A Child's Dream by Katsuhiro Otomo; mysterious suicides abound in an old apartment building.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I voted Hellboy, I have 4 softcovers but I don’t know the character and I haven’t read this book. EC Comics are the only real horror comics I’ve read. That Frankenstein book should be carried over next month. I’ve never read that either.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'll pick Sub-Mariner Depths as my second choice.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

OMG! Love both Mignola & Hellboy!! Congratulations!!!