Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jean should "accidentally" lose concentration and let Sinister, the Eternals and Avengers get killed. Otherwise, they'll just muck things up again.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I love the fact that this scene depicts her doing multiple things at once.

1. All along, she's been protecting them from the "psychic heaviness" that's "pressing down" on and threatening to "crush [them] all alive," including during this scene in the preview, I imagine.

2. Even after she's overwhelmed by the psychic backlash, she manages to keep "holding the miniature sun apart."

3. Also, I love that Sersi is practically an Omega Level Telekinetic but couldn't do what Jean did.
    True but let me be the first to say i am so checked out on gillien my opinion on this obviously doesn't matter as i'm not getting it. I did break and get i think 4 or 5 but it's just so bad i don't even care. Marvel got too much good stuff going on right now. Lol. i still got three more books to read tomorrow. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    True but let me be the first to say i am so checked out on gillien my opinion on this obviously doesn't matter as i'm not getting it. I did break and get i think 4 or 5 but it's just so bad i don't even care. Marvel got too much good stuff going on right now. Lol. i still got three more books to read tomorrow. ^_^
    I understand, love. We all have our preferences and expectations. Personally, I'm loving Judgment Day, especially because it's given my queens—Jean and Ororo—opportunities to shine brilliantly. Hopefully, you'll check this issue out for Jean!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Spicy chicken incoming? Echy is dead so...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Imagine this:

As the Celestial judges Jean, she begins to glow white-hot as the sun and stars. The Phoenix Force emerges from Jean's crown chakra and positions itself between her and the Celestial. Time freezes.

"Who dares?! I am the ETERNAL judge from which all life springs. This is both my child and my self... "

Suddenly, the Celestial is frozen in place, and nary a word or thought can escape its lips or mind as the Phoenix Force turns to address Jean.

"Until now, I have done as you instructed. In part, I have abandoned my home—YOU—and relegated myself to tend to the salvation of humanity in ways that diverge from our destiny, using avatars from distant lands and worlds, from epochs passed and epochs still ahead. But it is your love and warmth, strength and discipline, altruism and self-sacrifice to which I long to return. Allow me to work through you. We are as we were always meant to be: ONE."

Jean now writhes not in response to a Celestial's painful probes and incisive judgments but to a greater part of herself on the verge of unfolding like a lotus.

"Arrrgh! Oh, hell! #%&$! Not this...not now. You...nngg!...I can't depend on you. I—WE—MUST do this alone!"

The Phoenix Force hovers over and stares at Jean quizzically but with admiration and understanding.

"...As you wish."

It disappears in a burst of flame, leaving only a whisp of smoke in its place. Time unfreezes, and the Celestial proceeds with its game of chance and judgment, self-assured and unaware of the greatness that trembles before it.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I feel sorry for Sersi being written so underwhelming. What happened to the 90s badass powerhouse, who went mayhem against Exodus on Genosha..

i know times have changed but Sinister near Jean just feels like he wants her DNA still. Maybe it's just me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    i know times have changed but Sinister near Jean just feels like he wants her DNA still. Maybe it's just me
    Except he has her DNA, along with the DNA of all Earth mutants.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Ghost Rider only shows up to AXE to see if Dazzler is there...

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Oh i know that, just weird he is around her after all he has done

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    As unscientific as it sounds, maybe there is something special about the genuine article. After all, Sinister's cloning of Jean with Madelyne did not work until the Phoenix Force gave the clone a jumpstart and he went to quite extraordinary lengths to make Madelyne appeal to the real Cyclops, instead of just creating a clone of him as well and producing a child that way.

I am of course kidding lol. That is just another one of those comic book logic things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    As unscientific as it sounds, maybe there is something special about the genuine article. After all, Sinister's cloning of Jean with Madelyne did not work until the Phoenix Force gave the clone a jumpstart and he went to quite extraordinary lengths to make Madelyne appeal to the real Cyclops, instead of just creating a clone of him as well and producing a child that way.

I am of course kidding lol. That is just another one of those comic book logic things.
    No, you’re telling the truth. The Phoenix destroyed Sinister’s Madelyne’s during AvX. Meaning it’s not Jean’s dna that majes her so special. I think it’s all the experience that make her who she is.

Mind you, Madelyne has had a lot of unique experiences and grown into her own person. She has become the sorceress supreme of Limbo. Sinister has gagged on that, he hates magic and does not understand it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yeah. Obviously it’s going to be referenced somehow.