Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default King Kong vs Thor

The most recent movie Kong vs movie Thor

Mighty Member

I don't know why Thor wouldn't just do this: https://youtu.be/YKQHjitSzZY

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I don't know why Thor wouldn't just do this: https://youtu.be/YKQHjitSzZY
    That was definitely the first thing that came to mind to me. Multi-Space-Whale one-shotting lightning, pre-explicit-upgrades would also do the trick.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Might be more fair if Thor can only fight HTH.

Astonishing Member

Kong's only chance would be a gigantic primate poop toss to embed and disgust Thor for a 10 count at the bell.

Astonishing Member

I assume a sell for this thread is Kong's axe (which I can't imagine him not having here, it was a big deal since GvK marketing, and fair game since I assume Thor wields a weapon here) countering Godzilla's breath like a fighting game boss character cheap move. Even then, Titan power and whatever Thor's power is at this point might not be considered interchangeable.

Astonishing Member

Kong's axe was the biggest baloney kludge to make the fight even partially even. G would have incinerated him from the get go. You cannot be made of ordinary animal flesh and blood, no matter how big - and face an opponent that ignores nukes and has that level of distance attack.

Thor could probably just fly through Kong's skull if need be.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The dumbest part of the axe was that Godzilla just shot the axe instead of Kong.

Spectacular Member

Weirdly, I can buy that as a stupid move that was made in-character, rather than as writer fiat.

Godzilla knew about those axes. He sensed Kong mess with it from the outside of the world, and dropped his attack on Apex to drill a hole through the crust. So, yeah, I can buy that Godzilla actively targeted the axe at first.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The dumbest part of the axe was that Godzilla just shot the axe instead of Kong.
    When?

From what I can see Godzilla never aims for the Axe, Kong moves the Axe in from the beam both times the beam makes contact with it

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

In both instances though Godzilla doesn't just tilt his head to sweep the beam away from the axe and onto Kong. The second instant is especially egregious because Kong himself moves the axe above his body, and the beam keeps hitting the axe while Kong is unscathed. It makes Godzilla look incompetent. WhT I find frustrating is they could have easily just had the axe suck the beam in like a black hole, curving it off whatever path Godzilla fires it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    In both instances though Godzilla doesn't just tilt his head to sweep the beam away from the axe and onto Kong. The second instant is especially egregious because Kong himself moves the axe above his body, and the beam keeps hitting the axe while Kong is unscathed. It makes Godzilla look incompetent. WhT I find frustrating is they could have easily just had the axe suck the beam in like a black hole, curving it off whatever path Godzilla fires it.
    to be honest, to me it makes it look like once the beam hits the Axe it's stuck to it.

Monsterverse Kong actually benefited from getting pumped full of enough electrical energy to "light up Vegas for a week" so I'm not convinced that lightning is Thor's path to victory.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

The problem with Kong, and this is a diversion, is that he is just a big old flesh and blood animal. All the movies that move beyond that have to come up with power up BS to make him viable in fights with creatures that are intrinsically energy dynamos. It is part of Godzilla's biology to be nuclear powered. Kong lives in a non electric jungle - and surprise he has electrical circuitry in him, batteries, capacitors, etc. Kind of silly - yes, I know - suspend disbelief.

I would deem it more realistic if he had made a giant bow and arrow with a flint tip.

In the original Kong movie with Jackson, their helicopters were flown by idiots to give Kong a chance.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

He just ate a bunch of electric eels, that's all!!

(The Joke is that is the canon explanation for Blanka's electrical powers last I heard)
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!