Default Mutants in MCU (spoiler-ish)

Obviously none below are revealed as mutants because mutants aren’t a thing in MCU yet…

I haven’t seen all the movies so I may be missing some.

Scarlet Witch (former mutant in comics, could be retconned back)
    Quicksilver (same as Wanda)
    Ms. Marvel ( might be revealed as mutant instead of inhuman/possible retcon as a mutant in comics)
    Professor Xavier
    Namor
    Mr. Immortal
    Sabra
    El Aguila

Are the mutants from Deadpool movies canon?

Ursa (is that Ursa Major from Black Widow?)

Anyone else?
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-06-2022 at 08:47 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Obviously none below are revealed as mutants because mutants aren’t a thing in MCU yet…

Ms. Marvel ( might be revealed as mutant instead of inhuman/possible retcon as a mutant in comics)
    Professor Xavier
    Namor
    El Aguila

Anyone else?
    As of now, none of the characters in the Deadpool films would be considered canon to the MCU. We'll have to wait for DP3 and see how they handle bringing Wade and his costars (if any) over.

Professor Xavier
    Namor
    El Aguila

Anyone else?
    I think they confirmed in interview that Kamala is a mutant in the MCU. They even did a short riff of the 90’s theme when Bruno mentioned mutation as for where her powers came from.

And yea, it was confirmed that that was Ursa Major in Black Widow.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Oh my God how is there still a debate about this, they literally played the X-Men theme song when they bring up her mutant status.

Oh my god, What are you taking about? I’m just asking what mutants have appeared so far.
    uuuummmmm your own post started with"obviously there aren't mutants in the mcu." despite the title being "mutants in the mcu" is this post serious? why would you be surprised people are reacting to your own double speak?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Sabra was announced to be in the next Captain America movie and she is a mutant in comics, so perhaps would be a mutant in MCU as well.

I recently watched Ant-man and I think it was implied Janet Van Dyne had mutated during her time in the microverse, gaining psy powers by "evolving" (cannot remember the exact line but it was really a bing wink wink moment). I think it's a possibility they could use her as a sort of Prof X substitute.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I recently watched Ant-man and I think it was implied Janet Van Dyne had mutated during her time in the microverse, gaining psy powers by "evolving" (cannot remember the exact line but it was really a bing wink wink moment). I think it's a possibility they could use her as a sort of Prof X substitute.
    Good idea about Janet becoming a mutant. She definitely has powers as she used them to help Ghost, although to me it seems to be energy-based, not psychic, I think she injected some sort of energy into Ghost body to finally stabilize her. But even if is psychic, I doubt they would replace Xavier with Janet. If anything, I think there is no need in Xavier at all in MCU, the X-Men could gather on their own volition, united by the same ideal that they all developed individually, not taught to them by Xavier.

And Monica Rambeau was changed/activated by the Hex in WandaVision, so they can reveal what she is a mutant too. Not sure about origin of her powers in comics.

What is it supposed to add that a character in a movie is a mutant or not? If it doesn’t have any consequences, what is the point to even mention it?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I thought she had absorbed quantum energy, which is a kind of energy that does whatever the plot needs it to do when she touches someone with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Good idea about Janet becoming a mutant. She definitely has powers as she used them to help Ghost, although to me it seems to be energy-based, not psychic, I think she injected some sort of energy into Ghost body to finally stabilize her. But even if is psychic, I doubt they would replace Xavier with Janet. If anything, I think there is no need in Xavier at all in MCU, the X-Men could gather on their own volition, united by the same ideal that they all developed individually, not taught to them by Xavier.

And Monica Rambeau was changed/activated by the Hex in WandaVision, so they can reveal what she is a mutant too. Not sure about origin of her powers in comics.
    I actually do think Xavier is needed for the X-men to work. Or at least an idealistic parental figure.

Yeah at this point they can use whatever they want to say it "activated their genetic mutant powers".

But the "evolution" line in antman was pretty winkynudgey. Not really a confirmation or anything, just a small out if they want to go this way I guess. I would be happy to see Pfeiffer as an X-man, to be honest.

Janet actually was a mutant in the Ultimate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Sabra was announced to be in the next Captain America movie and she is a mutant in comics, so perhaps would be a mutant in MCU as well.
    That's who I was forgetting! Thank you!

I hope when The Mutants comes out it features all of them that appear in prior films/shows. Especially El Aguila.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura