Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
Yeah there was a flow-on effect of the secrets revealed in Original Sin, especially Cap hunting down the Illuminati in Time Runs Out, and Silks release causing Spider-verse. Certainly Eyeball Man let the Fury teams know Nick was killing everything that threatened the Earth, giving the Watcher a clear conscience and the Avengers clean hands. It sort of makes your whole existence seem tainted when you find out some pretty horrible actions were taken so you came sleep in a comfortable bed at night. Watcher and Avengers just had a sour taste in their mouths after this, and Uatu not being able to live with it, forcing Fury to kill him.

Yeah, I do think the inner demons of the Watcher and Nick Fury eventually precipitated this horrible conclusion of Original Sin. They couldn't hold the secrets any longer and the truth just poured out.
I think the Watchers didn't cared much about which information Uta has pre-programmed to be released(or not) because he was already dead, so nobody can do him anything but I think Uta knew very well that the other Watchers will hunt down Nick Fury and make him pay if Nick Fury pull the trigger.

It kinda like exposing the inner of the world which is slowly rot from the inside to the naked eye.