Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default ANAD Avengers #5 SPOILERS.... Vision getting creepier and creepier...

- Vision is upgrading himself and can create holographic videos. He then destroys all evidence

- Ms Marvel fan fic

- Avengers Assemble! Others are dealing with Mad Thinker off panel. Vision and MM deal with robots. MM body slams one, all is over, cue vision creepy smile

- At the HQ, Vision shows a holographic image of MM bodyslamming the robot and almost killing people. Vision be lying. MM is booted out of the Avengers.

- MM runs into Sam on her way out. Sam has a flashback to more Vision creepiness from last arc. Loses his cool, bursts in and attacks him

- Alarm goes off. Sam is booted from the Avengers. Cue Vision creepy smile.

- Equinox is attacking. Lots of Equinox from the future. That means one thing...

- KANG... in a business suit. Wut?

- LadyThor calls back her hammer,,, Vision looks at Kang and then blasts LadyThor and FalCap into a time portal... without Mjolnir. Miles be like, "wut?"

- LadyThor laments she needs the hammer. FalCap tells her to just fight.. .but without the Hammer....

- LadyThor turns back into Jane Foster

This books is very interesting.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-10-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think we can thank Ahura (read Uncanny Inhumans #4) for Kang in a Business suit. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

I think I need to pick this book up.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

The Book Started off Slow but got much better as the 1st arc drew to a close and I liked how the Team Formed from that and the Single Issue Story from Issue #4 as well!

This issue really upped it for me, making it far more interesting, especially the Vision Stuff! I was Royally Angry at Vision and Honestly the Team as a whole, honestly How many times do the Avengers Need to Learn this Lesson not to Trust your eyes or take one mans, Vision this cases, one mans word on this. They seemed overly harsh and acting Stupid IMO letting go 2 members like that, I know they are kids but heck, follow up on your accusations, Avengers keep making the same mistakes and now they are paying for it again. But pretty the but kicking they got by the end of the issue they made happen to themselves and mainly had some of it coming for not following up on if there's something wrong with Vision cause like that NEVER happened before to Any Avengers!

Thor and Ms. Marvel are becoming my Favorites of This Series, Thor's Brashness is All to much Fun and Ms. Marvel's Fandom Kindness is the Heart of the Team! Nearly Drove me to sadness as well how they Completely threw her out without a 2nd thought, HONESTLY BAD on the Avengers For that, After this they Need to Re-Examine their OWN Moral Centers, I would have slapped them all over the heads for that one, don't do that to a Fellow Avengers, Especially a Kind Kid like Ms. Marvel!

The funnier Side, Ms. Marvel's Fan Fiction had me going for a min, I thought THAT was really happening, LMAO, that was a Great Tease until Carol Become Thor then it was like WTF!? Find it amazing, but Grand that Ms. Marvel still finds time towards being a True Fandom Geek even though she lives the Life!

Excited for that factor that THIS Villain might be Kang as well, given Hints, but Hopefully Future Issue do not Disappoint! :-)

Overall the Book is Getting Much better from its slower start in the 1st Issue, so Glad it is picking up pace!

Very Glad to see Mahmud A. Asrar doing the Artwork Again, Loved his work on Issue one and his Character Designs are Epicly Well Done, He does a Great Job All the Characters Especially Ms. Marvel, Nova, Thor and Spider -Man!

4 out of 5 for me, Only Negative is Avengers AGAIN Acting Stupid and Not Questioning Accusations against their Own, Really STOP making the Avengers make this same mistake again.

Favorite Moment from the Book:

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Just realized we have Kang and Doom now walkin' around, lookin' nice in some suits

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    The Book Started off Slow but got much better as the 1st arc drew to a close and I liked how the Team Formed from that and the Single Issue Story from Issue #4 as well!

This issue really upped it for me, making it far more interesting, especially the Vision Stuff! I was Royally Angry at Vision and Honestly the Team as a whole, honestly How many times do the Avengers Need to Learn this Lesson not to Trust your eyes or take one mans, Vision this cases, one mans word on this. They seemed overly harsh and acting Stupid IMO letting go 2 members like that, I know they are kids but heck, follow up on your accusations, Avengers keep making the same mistakes and now they are paying for it again. But pretty the but kicking they got by the end of the issue they made happen to themselves and mainly had some of it coming for not following up on if there's something wrong with Vision cause like that NEVER happened before to Any Avengers!

Thor and Ms. Marvel are becoming my Favorites of This Series, Thor's Brashness is All to much Fun and Ms. Marvel's Fandom Kindness is the Heart of the Team! Nearly Drove me to sadness as well how they Completely threw her out without a 2nd thought, HONESTLY BAD on the Avengers For that, After this they Need to Re-Examine their OWN Moral Centers, I would have slapped them all over the heads for that one, don't do that to a Fellow Avengers, Especially a Kind Kid like Ms. Marvel!

The funnier Side, Ms. Marvel's Fan Fiction had me going for a min, I thought THAT was really happening, LMAO, that was a Great Tease until Carol Become Thor then it was like WTF!? Find it amazing, but Grand that Ms. Marvel still finds time towards being a True Fandom Geek even though she lives the Life!

Excited for that factor that THIS Villain might be Kang as well, given Hints, but Hopefully Future Issue do not Disappoint! :-)

Overall the Book is Getting Much better from its slower start in the 1st Issue, so Glad it is picking up pace!

Very Glad to see Mahmud A. Asrar doing the Artwork Again, Loved his work on Issue one and his Character Designs are Epicly Well Done, He does a Great Job All the Characters Especially Ms. Marvel, Nova, Thor and Spider -Man!

4 out of 5 for me, Only Negative is Avengers AGAIN Acting Stupid and Not Questioning Accusations against their Own, Really STOP making the Avengers make this same mistake again.
    I think the issue is that it is Vision. A robot. He shouldn't really be capable of this...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Just realized we have Kang and Doom now walkin' around, lookin' nice in some suits
    Looks like they are getting ready for new ANAD Marvel Job Interviews, Trying to Get New Jobs in the New Marvel Earth, LOL!

I think the issue is that it is Vision. A robot. He shouldn't really be capable of this...
    Indeed that is usually a good reason for Vision, but WAY back when the team was still new to the whole thing that could work nearly 100%. By this point you think the Avengers would have been threw enough Mind Wipes, Clones, Magical Doubles, Possessions, Lying, Hacking, Skrulls, Friends Lying and The List goes on to Really say; "Yea Let's stop and have a Real Investigation Into this and Not make another Stupid Rash emotional Mistake."

Avengers are my Favorite Comic book Team, but they really need to show them having more then a 1D level of response to this, just IMO.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Overall good issue, I'm glad that Asrar is doing the art now and at least we're getting more into the Vision story, because so far with each passing issue he just becomes more and more evil. I mean I know he wiped his emotions but that gives him the right to maybe be a little distant, not a creepy blackmailer who falsifys videos to get his team members kicked out. Hopefully the Avengers will deal with whatever he is up to after that outright attack. I also have to say that I'm slightly interested in the romantic development of Captain America and Thor...never thought I'd ever type those words ever. Should be interesting how it plays out in the next issue since Sam found out her big secret, which interestingly enough this makes Sam Wilson the first person to know who the current Thor is.

I feel bad for Nova when it comes to Kamala, he try's to be a nice guy but he keeps awkwardly screwing up all the time with her. But at least he tried to fight Vision after he got her kicked off the team and I'll give him points for that.

Next issue should be tense.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm kind of disappointed that our mystery new villain is just Kang again. We've got new heroes, why not get some new villains too?
    My pull list
    A-Force, All-New Inhuman, All-New All-Different Avengers, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, New Avengers, The Ultimates, and Weirdworld.

BANNED

This issue had a very classic feel to it. The first issues were a bit slow, but now it's possibile to see where Waid is going. The personal interactions, that were already good, are getting deeper and that's something I like better than big action scenes. The wrong step, imho, was Waid decision to set up Nova blackmail using the stupid/minor Chitauri villain, not the thing per se, but opening the book first issue with that character front and center, didn't feel like a big threat for a big team. Now things start to make sense, and being Waid a great writer, I think the book will be good.

BANNED

This is the first issue I can actually say I enjoyed, probably because it gave more time to the kid Avengers. Asrar's art is better than Kubert's in this series too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed that our mystery new villain is just Kang again. We've got new heroes, why not get some new villains too?

Probably because we had a year of complaints about no known Avengers villains

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Probably because we had a year of complaints about no known Avengers villains
    lol exactly...

people complain about these not being a classic avengers team

people then complain when classic avengers villain shows up

Anyone got a pic of Kang in a business suit?

"Nothing can stop Juggernaut"
    Another great issue, amazing art and I'm feeling bad for both Kamala and Sam. It seems that with Reed Richards missing and Adult Cyclops and Namor dead, someone has to fill the ******* quota and Vision was chosen to take their place...

BANNED

Screw the haters... this books is very interesting.
    Agreed. I just adore the **** out of this book and this was the best issue so far, I'd say. Loved the focus on the younger members - that splash page of Kamala and Miles was just joyous - and the revelation of the mystery villain managed to take me by surprise - even though in retrospect it shouldn't have been hard to figure out. Looking forward to finding out what the deal is with Vision.