Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yeah there was a flow-on effect of the secrets revealed in Original Sin, especially Cap hunting down the Illuminati in Time Runs Out, and Silks release causing Spider-verse. Certainly Eyeball Man let the Fury teams know Nick was killing everything that threatened the Earth, giving the Watcher a clear conscience and the Avengers clean hands. It sort of makes your whole existence seem tainted when you find out some pretty horrible actions were taken so you came sleep in a comfortable bed at night. Watcher and Avengers just had a sour taste in their mouths after this, and Uatu not being able to live with it, forcing Fury to kill him.

Yeah, I do think the inner demons of the Watcher and Nick Fury eventually precipitated this horrible conclusion of Original Sin. They couldn't hold the secrets any longer and the truth just poured out.
    I think the Watchers didn't cared much about which information Uta has pre-programmed to be released(or not) because he was already dead, so nobody can do him anything but I think Uta knew very well that the other Watchers will hunt down Nick Fury and make him pay if Nick Fury pull the trigger.

It kinda like exposing the inner of the world which is slowly rot from the inside to the naked eye.

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    I think the Watchers didn't cared much about which information Uta has pre-programmed to be released(or not) because he was already dead, so nobody can do him anything but I think Uta knew very well that the other Watchers will hunt down Nick Fury and make him pay if Nick Fury pull the trigger.

It kinda like exposing the inner of the world which is slowly rot from the inside to the naked eye.
    I don't think the other Watchers see justice in much the same way as we do. Uatu's widow said death to Watchers was just a transformation of energy, not something to commit revenge about. Besides, I suspect the other Watchers might have been aware Uatu was supplying Fury with information and was complicit with Furys bloodthirsty activities, so may have thought Uatu got what he deserved?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    This really sounds like the worse kind of fan fiction.
    The execution was just as bad.

I was really disappointed with this book especially when you consider the team behind it, the whole story made no sense, the retconning, the way the characters acted and sounded.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Maybe this event will read better as a graphic novel.
    It didn't.

:/

All-New Member

I know im 2 years late, but i just read original sin for the first time...

One Question - before OS Marvel released this preview oneshot Marvel Point one. The framing sequence was a teaser to OS, where two LMDs of Fury (i assume, because one is called andrew like in OS) plant Bugs in the watchers base. And then when they leave one says "So now when the time comes, the Unseen will be able to kill the Watcher".
    I guess the Unseen is Fury, but he killed him with these Gamma Bullets he was using. So that sentence makes no sense....

Did i miss something or was this just an oversight? (The framing sequence was written by brubaker, not aaron)

A year and a half later and they still haven;t told us what Fury whispered. Thanks a lot, Secret Wars.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    A year and a half later and they still haven;t told us what Fury whispered. Thanks a lot, Secret Wars.
    I agree. Overall, there have been so many lapses like this one that I just think there is no one at Marvel even paying attention.

I mentioned it before, the question from Secret Wars that people ask shouldn't be, "what did Nick Fury whisper." What we should have seen is Nick Fury whisper, "You're not worthy." Then the question becomes, "Why is Thor not worthy?"

Because odds are good, when they "reveal" what was whispered (In like 5 years) it will be, "You're not worthy." Speeding off to another 5 year wait.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by none1000 View Post
    I know im 2 years late, but i just read original sin for the first time...

One Question - before OS Marvel released this preview oneshot Marvel Point one. The framing sequence was a teaser to OS, where two LMDs of Fury (i assume, because one is called andrew like in OS) plant Bugs in the watchers base. And then when they leave one says "So now when the time comes, the Unseen will be able to kill the Watcher".
    I guess the Unseen is Fury, but he killed him with these Gamma Bullets he was using. So that sentence makes no sense....

Did i miss something or was this just an oversight? (The framing sequence was written by brubaker, not aaron)
    Well, I can't figure out why Fury, the Unseen, would want to kill the Watcher - just because Uatu doesn't intercede in disasters? How does killing the Watcher improve the situation of Earth? I don't see it.

Besides, I thought the Watcher wanted to die, so he contacted the Eye to come to the Blue Area, and the Eye could only get there by using Midas. Once Midas had one eye of the Watcher, Fury killed Uatu and stole the second eye. Then Fury killed Midas with one of the eyes. The first eye was destroyed in Original Sin. But the whole premise of Fury having an argument with the Watcher, about intervention was way late, considering Fury had been the Unseen since 1959, leading to Fury killing the Watcher in 2014 seems like shooting the horse after the horse has bolted. They had a difference of opinion, but was the Watcher such a vile creature to have around, (just to be a portend of something relevant), so let's not have him anymore, and shoot him? Is this that one time Fury thought he was right to kill the Watcher?

I didn't like the logic of that conclusion.

As to your question, these Point Ones deal with generalisations, but when the real Event rolls around, the imperative changes completely. So the LMD's saying Fury can now kill the Watcher when the time comes is just hyperbole, but nobody is considering Fury is going to do THAT. It's just that Original Sin had Fury do THAT, and that was unexpected, because it's illogical.

You make mention that bugs were put in Watchers citadel, but that's your assumption. No mention was made what the completed mission was. We have a mysterious hovering ball, which I assume is the portal Bucky uses in the OS Event, and all the LMD's are doing is observing things on scenes for the future or now. If Fury saw that the Age of Ultron was going to happen, and later on, the AOU went down, and Watcher let it, why did Fury kill Watcher for not intervening, when Logan and Sue fixed the problem, (but in the ensuing event broke space -time)?

The way I see it is

The Watcher saw Ultron escape in Avengers #12.1 (this caused the breaking of space - time and thus the Incursions were invented as an alternative reality)

Marvel Point One - The Watcher goes into fugue state every 3 years for 42 minutes, where Fury learns of Age of Ultron looming, but is unsure if this will happen here.

Age of Ultron actually happens and Watcher does nothing, but reality is restored, and Fury remembers this about the Watcher.

Original Sin - Fury kills Watcher for letting Ultron escape in Avengers #12.1, (the Event causing Space-time to break, thus setting things in motion to cause Incursions and Secret Wars and ANAD).

It's possible. But then why didn't Marvel tell us the reason Fury killed Watcher was because AoU caused Incursions and Secret Wars, and the Watcher did nothing about it?
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-13-2016 at 05:30 AM.

What Fury whispered probably was this (LOL): "Mickey mouse is in charge" so...translation disney wants a movie with a female thor, to sell merchandise to little girls.

but all is like marvel pays no more attention. I mean during secret invasion they could have told us that the Janet that told the Scarlet Witch about her "lost" children was a skrull. Why? because it would have make more sense than just "Janet let that (secret) slip".