Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    First two issues were solid, but this series faltered really bad. The revelation of how the Watcher died was decompressed to the point where I didn't care anymore. This was a lot of effort just to shove Nick Fury into the background to make way for an MCU friendly universe.

The only interesting thing to come out of this is where Bucky is headed.
    You Fury fans kill me. Wasn't Fury already shoved in the background? This is as much panel time as he has gotten for years. Nothing has really changed on his front except that he had a mini series about him.

Which is what this was. A mini series for the most part. Which is fine, it was an enjoyable story but hardly an "event" IMO
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I actually like the sound of all of this, it sounds pretty interesting.

Everyone pretty much called what happened to Bucky, I can't wait to see the new Thor series, I'm interested to see how Oubilette and the Orb adapt as more powerful villains, and I'm interested to see what Marvel does with Nick Watcher and where he appears next.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    The Avengers leave Thor alone on the moon trying to lift the hammer?
    Isn't a little dick of a move?
    Can Thor survive on the Moon without the power up from Miolnir?

He is a God lol.

He can do a whole lot of stuff without Mjolnir. But flying is not one of them so he is going ot hav eto call some flying goats to pick him up or yell at Heimdell.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I enjoyed the event overall, but a lot of the aftermath was pretty obvious, esp. the fates of Nick and Bucky. The most interesting thing to me was what happened to Thor (events always seem to have cool effects on the other titles the writer of the event is working on). And I did like how they tied in what's happening with the Illuminati right now -- at least, I think that's what BP and Strange were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I actually like the sound of all of this, it sounds pretty interesting.

Everyone pretty much called what happened to Bucky, I can't wait to see the new Thor series, I'm interested to see how Oubilette and the Orb adapt as more powerful villains, and I'm interested to see what Marvel does with Nick Watcher and where he appears next.
    Judging by how Marvel handles these things I suspect we won't see him for a good 6 months or more so that when he is revealed it'll be a big shock/surprise/exciting moment.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    First two issues were solid, but this series faltered really bad. The revelation of how the Watcher died was decompressed to the point where I didn't care anymore. This was a lot of effort just to shove Nick Fury into the background to make way for an MCU friendly universe.

The only interesting thing to come out of this is where Bucky is headed.
    I think some of this story will continue and fall out in Bucky's new series. I'm thinking this isn't the end, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I just find it hilarious the Avengers are just like, "meh leave Thor, he can keep pulling, the stubborn idiot." Not very friendly of them. Can he even get back to Earth without the hammer?
    Hahaha! Good point!

Maybe this event will read better as a graphic novel.

Amazing Member

Wasn't Rulk able to use Thor's hammer when they fought on the moon? lol, jk.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    Oh, I read the book. I just wish Aaron would have addressed what happened with Thor. I don't want to wait any longer.
    I agree with this. I only read this because I wanted to see what happened to Thor.

He was just left on the moon trying to pick up his hammer with no explanation as to why he can no longer lift it?

Amazing Member

-Did they ever explain the connection between the Orb and the Watcher?
    -How Midas fit in? Did they just say, you know what, let's rob and kill the Watcher?
    -Isn't the Watcher considered one of the cosmic beings? So, the arsenal used was able to kill him?
    -What did the other Watcher's do? Just watch?

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

So glad I dropped this after issue 4.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He is a God lol.

He can do a whole lot of stuff without Mjolnir. But flying is not one of them so he is going ot hav eto call some flying goats to pick him up or yell at Heimdell.
    Yes but i do recall this little incident.
    In Greece, we had the chance to read the stories that served as a build up for Seth's invasion to Asgard.
    In one issue, Thor, in his attempt to return to Earth, finds himself adrift into space. In his thought ballons, he crearly stated that despite being an immortal, he can't survive without oxygen.
    Now, i do not know if Miolnir wielding Thor managed to overcome this godly flaw but shouldn't have problems now that he lost his hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I agree with this. I only read this because I wanted to see what happened to Thor.

He was just left on the moon trying to pick up his hammer with no explanation as to why he can no longer lift it?
    Nick whispered a secret in his ear that made him unworthy last issue. I suspect we'll learn more in the Thor series.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Nick whispered a secret in his ear that made him unworthy last issue. I suspect we'll learn more in the Thor series.
    Yep, Aaron said in an interview about the new Thor that we'll find out what happened to Unworthy Thor eventually in the relaunched series.