Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 220
  1. #31
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,886

    Default

    Did Emma or Ant Man do anything?

  2. #32
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,248

    Default

    I think this whole event was an excuse to get Fury out of the way and then as an answer when people ask why they don't do more with him; "He was the star of our last event. blah blah blah" it really sucks that they kept him old and made him some kind of a wandering slave though. I hope it's reversed soon and all the Howling Commandos can reveal that they faked their deaths.

    And Panther was written like a real jerk just like in AvX. I guess Aaron really care too much for him.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  3. #33
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Did Emma or Ant Man do anything?
    I think Emma punched somebody and Ant-Man sat in the ship.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  4. #34
    Critical Critic Nosocialize's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think Emma punched somebody and Ant-Man sat in the ship.
    Emma also said it was totally cool not to intervene lol. I guess she helped convince the Avengers to let Nick do his thing.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think this whole event was an excuse to get Fury out of the way and then as an answer when people ask why they don't do more with him; "He was the star of our last event. blah blah blah" it really sucks that they kept him old and made him some kind of a wandering slave though. I hope it's reversed soon and all the Howling Commandos can reveal that they faked their deaths.
    .
    Yep, the whole thing is just an excuse to use the Black Nick so the books can be more like the movies.

  6. #36
    Critical Critic Nosocialize's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah View Post
    -Did they ever explain the connection between the Orb and the Watcher?
    -How Midas fit in? Did they just say, you know what, let's rob and kill the Watcher?
    -Isn't the Watcher considered one of the cosmic beings? So, the arsenal used was able to kill him?
    -What did the other Watcher's do? Just watch?
    Lets see...

    -No connection was explained, but we did see the eye attack the Orb, so something must be up.
    -Pretty much.
    -Yep
    -They just watched as that is what they do.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

  7. #37
    Critical Critic Nosocialize's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    910

    Default

    I'm surprised nobody else found the "sack of bloody stew" comment really weird.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Of Atlantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You Fury fans kill me. Wasn't Fury already shoved in the background? This is as much panel time as he has gotten for years. Nothing has really changed on his front except that he had a mini series about him.


    Which is what this was. A mini series for the most part. Which is fine, it was an enjoyable story but hardly an "event" IMO
    Right, a mini series that extended across other titles, cost $3.99 and had tie-in books.

    It's irrelevant how prominent he was prior to this series. Now the potential to be anything more than a background character is gone unless they do some massive backtracking. And judging by the effort they went through to put him there, I doubt he'll make a comeback any time soon. He's Nick Fury Senior Citizen. Could you imagine that happening to a character you like?

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Right, a mini series that extended across other titles, cost $3.99 and had tie-in books.

    It's irrelevant how prominent he was prior to this series. Now the potential to be anything more than a background character is gone unless they do some massive backtracking. And judging by the effort they went through to put him there, I doubt he'll make a comeback any time soon. He's Nick Fury Senior Citizen. Could you imagine that happening to a character you like?
    He just needs to take the same stuff Rogers is gonna take to be young and healthy again after Uatu comes back. If Uatu doesn't set him up with young body straight away anyway.

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,353

    Default

    Even though Marvel didn't kill Nick Fury, as every Nick Fury fan was wailing from the start that Marvel was plotting to do, Fury fans are still crying about his treatment here. Putting Nick front and center of a big Marvel event and giving him a new status quo - a fairly cool one at that - seems to me like the character got a more than fair shake.

    As for the series as a whole, I dug it. I think it could've been trimmed by an issue or two but on the other hand I didn't think it was overly drawn out. While it wasn't a big leap to guess that Nick was behind the Watcher's death, I like the way it played out. Mostly, I just liked the quirkiness of this event. Aaron was definitely the right guy to pen a story that revolves around something as absurd as characters fighting over a pair of oversized eyeballs. The moment in #8 where the bloody stems of the Watcher's eyes start to strangle The Orb was genius. Hilarious and grotesque all at once.

    Also, I have to say I can't remember another event that had tie-ins as good as this one did.

  11. #41
    Incredible Member autbey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Did they explain how a whole race of beings (who's entire purpose is to watch) would be fine with a human replacing one of their own .

  12. #42
    Mind Sculptor weezer17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Earth-616
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think Emma punched somebody and Ant-Man sat in the ship.
    I need to thank you, you gave me the laugh of the day! And it ain't even noon yet!

  13. #43
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Im really waiting for this series to come out on marvel unlimited. The whole idea of watchers eyes having powers and attacking someone is kind of absurd to me. Ive been reading threads, but I dont recall reading Midas's and the Orbs main motive for breaking into the watchers place was.

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Did Emma or Ant Man do anything?
    Dr. Strange helped them fly and made everyone else walk.

    That was my favorite moment of the book.

  15. #45
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Im really waiting for this series to come out on marvel unlimited. The whole idea of watchers eyes having powers and attacking someone is kind of absurd to me. Ive been reading threads, but I dont recall reading Midas's and the Orbs main motive for breaking into the watchers place was.
    They simply wanted to rob the Watcher. Midas knew he existed and had the means to get to him and the Orb was able to see him and saw how to get into his home on the moon, this was all in issue 3. It's basically a robbery that went really wrong.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •