Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yep, the whole thing is just an excuse to use the Black Nick so the books can be more like the movies.

That's a pretty big reach

Now that the event is over what was the point of the B team?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    That's a pretty big reach
    I know right
    We need better comics

BANNED

Ok, I could buy just about everything, but the Watcher wanting to commit suicide by cop? WHY?!?!?!? He couldn't face living life as a one eyed Watcher!?!?! That just sounds so stupid!

Also, the Avengers just left Thor on the Moon?

Seriously? Wow, great group of friends and allies you got there Odinson!!!

Sorry, but these two events are just a little too difficult to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    He just needs to take the same stuff Rogers is gonna take to be young and healthy again after Uatu comes back. If Uatu doesn't set him up with young body straight away anyway.
    I doubt that's the direction Marvel is going to take with the character. Seems like they've solidified his new role to make way for Marcus Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Did they explain how a whole race of beings (who's entire purpose is to watch) would be fine with a human replacing one of their own .
    I'll no-prize it. They see how humans have an effect on Watchers. So they don't want to risk the humans corrupting another one of their own as humanity "corrupted" Uatu. They need to get justice for Uatu and decide to use a human, empower him, and make sure he can't do it anything to interfere and can do nothing but watch.Thus punishing the criminal and getting a measure of Watcher justice.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Ok, I could buy just about everything, but the Watcher wanting to commit suicide by cop? WHY?!?!?!? He couldn't face living life as a one eyed Watcher!?!?! That just sounds so stupid!

Also, the Avengers just left Thor on the Moon?

Seriously? Wow, great group of friends and allies you got there Odinson!!!

Sorry, but these two events are just a little too difficult to accept.
    Death is also different for the Watchers race. I think he could have still come back from all that damage. I like to know why he wanted to die. There's a story in that and it's to bad Original Sin didn't take advantage of that.
    Last edited by Zevad; 09-03-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Promoting Fury to being the new Watcher is a neat way to make way for MCU Fury to come in and is an original idea (Thoth he reasoning behind doing it so that the movies line up with the books is stupid..)

Other than that though, there's really nothing about this issue I like. Was a convoluted mess.

BANNED

And the whole bloody stew comment from Steve Rogers was so completely wrong. I don't think anyone would refer to the remains of a dear old friend like this Mr. Aaron.

Mighty Member

this is awful.
    awful awful awful.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I just find it hilarious the Avengers are just like, "meh leave Thor, he can keep pulling, the stubborn idiot." Not very friendly of them. Can he even get back to Earth without the hammer?
    That was the highlight of the series for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    That was the highlight of the series for me.
    The Avengers are like the worst friends EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think this whole event was an excuse to get Fury out of the way and then as an answer when people ask why they don't do more with him; "He was the star of our last event. blah blah blah" it really sucks that they kept him old and made him some kind of a wandering slave though. I hope it's reversed soon and all the Howling Commandos can reveal that they faked their deaths.

And Panther was written like a real jerk just like in AvX. I guess Aaron really care too much for him.
    Yea gotta agree with the Fury and Black Panther parts. And has Black Panther always been written like such an entitled ass? I mean between this and this volume of New Avengers, I'm really getting to dislike how much of a secretive ******* he's become, especially towards an old friend like Cap.

Ant Man Lang was there so this must still be in continuity with the FF series. Watcher was happy go lucky with a baby on the way. Now he wants to die. I also hope they explain.

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

Yea, this was pretty weak. For suck a serious event (Original Sin, Watcher killed) we really don't come away wtih any legitiment reason for WHY all of this went down. I still don't know why Nick killed the Watcher. Did the Watcher see his own death? Was his death apart of some larger purpose for the earth? What the flip happend to Thor and why would everyone just leave him behind (I thought that party was pretty lame).

All in all, this was a bad ending to what could have had major impact to Marvel. Good build up, weak ending. That seems to be Marvel's thing nowadays. A bunch of suspense with no payoff at the end. I bet we never find out what's really behind the Incursion either.

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

Were they talking about the incursions? I thought they were talking about what Nick had been up to. All of this was a bit of a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    And the whole bloody stew comment from Steve Rogers was so completely wrong. I don't think anyone would refer to the remains of a dear old friend like this Mr. Aaron.
    He must have been trying to be gross or something, but it just doesn't read true.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.